The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:36:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)  (Read 194827 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: July 05, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »

Palin hasn't officially ruled it out, but she hasn't said anything for several months.

Almost exactly one month ago, she said:

Asked if she were planning to run, Palin said, “Well, we’ll see what happens . . . in the next year or so, we’ll see.”
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1251 on: July 05, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »

Palin hasn't officially ruled it out, but she hasn't said anything for several months.

Almost exactly one month ago, she said:

Asked if she were planning to run, Palin said, “Well, we’ll see what happens . . . in the next year or so, we’ll see.”

I don't count that. It's not at an early state visit or a more definite timeline for a decision that we didn't have before. In any case, she doesn't have a year to decide, the iowa caucuses are just under 7 months away.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1252 on: July 05, 2015, 06:33:00 PM »

Sarah Palin isn't going to run, why can't people accept that? She's in a far more lucrative position now than she would be if she ran.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1253 on: July 05, 2015, 06:33:30 PM »

Sarah Palin isn't going to run, why can't people accept that? She's in a far more lucrative position now than she would be if she ran.

Exactly my thoughts.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1254 on: July 06, 2015, 01:53:17 PM »

Exactly my thoughts.

Her current position can barely be termed lucrative at this point.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1255 on: July 06, 2015, 02:06:48 PM »

Exactly my thoughts.

At least she has a job now.  If she ran for president, everybody knows she wouldn't even sniff the White House or the VP slot.  She likely wouldn't even be tabbed for a Cabinet position, so she would be out of a job if the ran.  I say she keep what she has now.  Having a job, whatever it is, is far more lucrative than not having a job.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1256 on: July 06, 2015, 02:29:12 PM »

Exactly my thoughts.

At least she has a job now.  If she ran for president, everybody knows she wouldn't even sniff the White House or the VP slot.  She likely wouldn't even be tabbed for a Cabinet position, so she would be out of a job if the ran.  I say she keep what she has now.  Having a job, whatever it is, is far more lucrative than not having a job.

This seems ironic.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1257 on: July 06, 2015, 05:59:09 PM »

I say she keep what she has now.  Having a job, whatever it is, is far more lucrative than not having a job.

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1258 on: July 06, 2015, 08:40:44 PM »

Jeff Brown: Epic troll.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1259 on: July 07, 2015, 03:51:46 PM »

That's not nice now. Just because he's not feeding you guys stuff on AAD is no reason to lash out at the poor man now, Eraserhead. Shame on you! Judge not, least you be judged. I read that somewhere.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1260 on: July 07, 2015, 06:01:00 PM »

Speaking of Palin, her paid subscription model for her internet channel didn't work out:

http://www.newsmax.com/US/internet-video-channel-online-subscription-free/2015/07/07/id/653851/

Between that and Fox ending their contract with her, she needs to find a way to make a quick buck.  Time for a presidential campaign!
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #1261 on: July 07, 2015, 06:02:18 PM »

WaPo on Walker's rollout.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1262 on: July 07, 2015, 06:07:52 PM »

Gilmore is in.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1263 on: July 07, 2015, 07:26:23 PM »

That's not nice now. Just because he's not feeding you guys stuff on AAD is no reason to lash out at the poor man now, Eraserhead. Shame on you! Judge not, least you be judged. I read that somewhere.

We're being fed plenty on AAD. Also, I'm not lashing out at him. I honestly admire the art of trolling and BushOK is the King Troll.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1264 on: July 07, 2015, 08:13:26 PM »

OK, what do you guys think the future of this thread should be?  At this point, we have:

Walker: will announce on July 13th, there's no more mystery about whether he's running
Kasich: will announce on July 21st, there's no more mystery about whether he's running
Gilmore: will announce in the first week of August, there's no more mystery about whether he's running

Biden: unclear, but will supposedly announce by Aug. 1
Ehrlich, Palin: seem to have lost interest, and may very well never make a definitive announcement one way or the other

So there isn't much more to discuss here.  Should I unsticky this thread?  Should I wait until the Walker announcement or the Kasich announcement or Aug. 1?  Should I unsticky this thread, and we should make a separate "Biden speculation" thread?  (actually, I think there's already at least one)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1265 on: July 07, 2015, 08:25:19 PM »

OK, what do you guys think the future of this thread should be?  At this point, we have:

Walker: will announce on July 13th, there's no more mystery about whether he's running
Kasich: will announce on July 21st, there's no more mystery about whether he's running
Gilmore: will announce in the first week of August, there's no more mystery about whether he's running

Biden: unclear, but will supposedly announce by Aug. 1
Ehrlich, Palin: seem to have lost interest, and may very well never make a definitive announcement one way or the other

So there isn't much more to discuss here.  Should I unsticky this thread?  Should I wait until the Walker announcement or the Kasich announcement or Aug. 1?  Should I unsticky this thread, and we should make a separate "Biden speculation" thread?  (actually, I think there's already at least one)

You must wait for Kasich. F the other guys. Tongue
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1266 on: July 07, 2015, 08:31:39 PM »

Can we wait till August 1st? I think after that it's fair game to unsticky this. It won't hurt anything for it to stay open till then, after all.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1267 on: July 07, 2015, 08:34:30 PM »

I'd keep the thread up until Biden announces, but do as you please.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1268 on: July 07, 2015, 08:50:54 PM »

I'd keep the thread up until Biden announces, but do as you please.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1269 on: July 07, 2015, 08:55:19 PM »

All right.  I'll leave the thread stickied until either Biden announces his intentions (or at least schedules a date for an announcement, like Walker and Kasich have) or Aug. 1st, whichever comes first.  And even once I unsticky it, I'm not going to lock it or anything, so if some other potential candidate pops up, you'll be free to keep posting in it.
oeoyeleye
Rookie

« Reply #1270 on: July 07, 2015, 10:19:55 PM »

"I, quite frankly, am hoping for someone with more seasoning, more experience, who served both in the executive branch and the legislative branch," Coons said. "I do think that the sort of experience that I think we will see in the likely Democratic nominee - whether that ends up being Joe Biden or Hillary Clinton - would span both the congressional and executive branches and I think that's the sort of experience we should look for in our commander in chief."- Delaware Senator Chris Coons
Coons is known to have a close relationship with Biden. Could he know something we don't?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1271 on: July 07, 2015, 11:23:17 PM »

After what Biden did to his daughter, I'm surprised by how supportive he is of him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1272 on: July 07, 2015, 11:48:56 PM »

After what Biden did to his daughter, I'm surprised by how supportive he is of him.
And what exactly was that?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #1273 on: July 08, 2015, 12:20:25 AM »

And what exactly was that?

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1274 on: July 08, 2015, 06:24:45 AM »

As already noted, Kasich's set the 21st as his announcement date, and there isn't much mystery about whether he's going to take the plunge.  But just in case there was any doubt, he just made a trip to Capitol Hill to try to recruit support there:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/john-kasich-back-on-capitol-hill-fends-off-doubts-about-2016-119829.html?hp=lc2_4
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies