The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:58:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The "Who is running?" tea leaves thread (Part 2)  (Read 195431 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: December 23, 2014, 01:30:09 AM »

Pataki may actually go with it this time because he realizes this is probably his last realistic attempt for a run given his age. That's the impression I've gotten, anyway. He may easily back out like the other times, though, and it would be no surprise at all.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 04:55:12 PM »

Romney has recently sounded the most open to another bid than ever before.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 06:02:04 PM »

When do you imagine Romney will announce if he does go through with it? Later this month or in February seems the most logical to me so that donors don't escape from his hands.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 09:10:59 PM »

With luck, he'll be as far away from the campaign as possible.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 02:37:27 AM »

Tom Tancredo expresses interest in another run, focused on halting Muslim immigration.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 03:32:28 AM »

Paul Strauss, a D.C. shadow senator, visited Iowa.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 06:59:06 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2015, 07:02:49 PM by Spiral »

Rand set up a new campaign website in preparation for the launch, with a promotional video to boot:

http://www.randpaul.com/
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 11:03:46 AM »

WaPo talks about potential launching spots for the candidates.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2015, 05:34:52 PM »

Will former Republican Lincoln Chafee replace former Republican Jim Webb as the Atlas Forum's progressive savior?

Nah, most of you will defer to former Republican Hillary Clinton anyway.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:07 PM »

Will former Republican Lincoln Chafee replace former Republican Jim Webb as the Atlas Forum's progressive savior?

Quite a big difference between being a Republican in the 2000s and being a Republican in the 1960s.

And besides, Hillary is not considered a "progressive savior" here. In fact, I even recall people here attacking her for being a Republican in the 60s. So either way you slice it the comparison falls flat.

Elizabeth Warren was a Republican up until the 1990s, yet her "progressive" credentials are well established and you would surely acknowledge her as one too Or, am I wrong and she's too close to Chafee and Webb on the timeline? Does it really matter how much time has passed since your views have changed if your views have changed? This isn't something I need to explain.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 06:37:45 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2015, 06:39:30 PM by Spiral »

Quite a big difference between being a Republican in the 2000s and being a Republican in the 1960s.

And besides, Hillary is not considered a "progressive savior" here. In fact, I even recall people here attacking her for being a Republican in the 60s. So either way you slice it the comparison falls flat.

Elizabeth Warren was a Republican up until the 1990s, yet her "progressive" credentials are well established and you would surely acknowledge her as one too Or, am I wrong and she's too close to Chafee and Webb on the timeline? Does it really matter how much time has passed since your views have changed if your views have changed? This isn't something I need to explain.

Except, again, nobody touts Hillary as a "progressive savior" and she has gotten attacked on here for being a Republican in the 60s. It's just yet another double standard that I love to point out. Wink

The people who attack her for that are being silly, but to me it reeks of desperation that you'd bring up something that trivial to defend your preferred candidate. Never mind the fact that Clinton enthusiastically supported Barry Goldwater of all candidates and not some random moderate Republican, which seems to be okay with you since it was the '60s. Yet you're still faulting others for this in the Chafee thread, so keep it up if you want to look like a hypocrite, I guess.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 07:22:37 PM »

Except, again, nobody touts Hillary as a "progressive savior" and she has gotten attacked on here for being a Republican in the 60s. It's just yet another double standard that I love to point out. Wink

The people who attack her for that are being silly, but to me it reeks of desperation that you'd bring up something that trivial to defend your preferred candidate. Never mind the fact that Clinton enthusiastically supported Barry Goldwater of all candidates and not some random moderate Republican, which seems to be okay with you since it was the '60s. Yet you're still faulting others for this in the Chafee thread, so keep it up if you want to look like a hypocrite, I guess.

LOL, yes, desperation. I'll be sure to bookmark this post for 9 months from now when Webb and Chafee destroy Hillary.

You seem to be missing the point. I don't really give a crap that Chafee and Webb used to be Republicans, at least to the extent where it may have shaped their current views. My initial reply in this thread was clearly tongue in cheek, directed at the people who bash Hillary for every little thing while overlooking every fault of their precious "anti-Hillary" joke candidates. You guys can dish it out but you can't take it.

FTR, I don't believe that either of them would even come close to beating Clinton in the primaries. I only bring this up because of your penchant for being Hillary's lapdog and coming to her defense in every related thread I see. Your post was tongue-in-cheek but part of a larger trend that's painfully obvious. Anyway, that's all I've got to say here. Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2015, 09:10:20 PM »

Trump now has a website up for his exploratory committee:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2015, 01:56:18 AM »

The completely hopeless Republicans (Bolton, Ehrlich, Gilmore, etc.) will likely declare their intentions by mid-June or so as many of the candidates will already have announced, so the campaign is well underway by then. I can see Biden teasing and stretching out his timeline to as late as August.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »

In case there was still any doubt on Fiorina's plans:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/elections/presidential/caucus/2015/04/28/carly-fiorina-picking-speed-iowa-gop-activists-say/26543889/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2015, 10:40:09 AM »

The first dropout of the election cycle: Dennis Michael Lynch lol
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 01:13:09 AM »

Pataki will make an announcement this month in NH.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 05:01:29 PM »

Bolton is announcing his decision tomorrrow. He'll do it online, with a conference call soon to follow.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 01:31:57 PM »

Trump will be announcing next month.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »

June 4 is Perry's announcement date.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 12:09:59 AM »

Apparently it's not his announcement yet. If he's already 99.9% sure he's running, what else could he possibly have to update?

If Graham doesn't outright say he's running earlier than expected, he'll just give the date of his announcement, most likely.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 11:13:06 PM »

Looks like Pataki will be running after all.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 02:04:30 AM »

Virginia seems like a random place for him to announce. I would have figured he'd do it in RI or maybe NH/IA.

It's actually perfect because it's as random as him announcing his bid to begin with.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »

Webb will decide within the next two weeks.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2015, 03:04:47 AM »

According to HuffPo, Biden is still considering a campaign. A decision looks to now come by September rather than August.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies