NY-11 Special Election Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:32:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NY-11 Special Election Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
Author Topic: NY-11 Special Election Thread  (Read 23715 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: May 11, 2015, 09:02:38 AM »

I can only laugh at Democratic voter's complete impotence in specials.

Smolty is one of my favorite posters but he's wrong on this count. Don't forget that dems won MS-1, LA-6 and IL-14 in 07-08 off year.

No, i haven't forgot that. But it was in a perfect wave environment. Never to be repeated again.
[/quote]

Why not? I do wonder if all this "Democrats are bad at non-Presidential elections" concern is really just the out-party-does-well-effect continuing as it always has. In the next Republican administration we'll probably find that Democrats are suddenly good at off-year elections again.
[/quote]

Mostly because right now it's difficult to me to imagine so good Republican candidate, that he will be able to break "Democratic firewall" and win presidency. It seems to me that if parties (and their candidates) remain as they are now that Democrats will almost always win Presidency and almost always lose Congress (or, at least, House). And midterms will almost always be Republican as a result...

P.S. Of course everything is my personal IMHO...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies