IDS: Promote Marriage Diversity Act
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:11:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS: Promote Marriage Diversity Act
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS: Promote Marriage Diversity Act  (Read 1591 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 23, 2014, 02:10:47 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Maxwell
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 04:28:29 AM »

Polygamy is anathema to our Western culture and equal rights. I can only hope that the IDS councilors can dispatch with this legislation quickly.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 01:56:53 PM »

As someone who personally views the institution of marriage as bogus, I believe the second best alternative is to accept all kinds of lifestyles. Illegality of such lifestyles only breeds the worst of said lifestyles, and harmful behavior can be brought to light rather than hidden. Whether it's two men and a woman, two woman and a man, or even five women and four men, I believe love in all forms has its place in our society, and it is morally wrong for our region to restrict that.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 04:44:22 PM »

As someone who personally views the institution of marriage as bogus, I believe the second best alternative is to accept all kinds of lifestyles. Illegality of such lifestyles only breeds the worst of said lifestyles, and harmful behavior can be brought to light rather than hidden. Whether it's two men and a woman, two woman and a man, or even five women and four men, I believe love in all forms has its place in our society, and it is morally wrong for our region to restrict that.

While I agree with you on all of that, I am curious why you've proposed to expand marriage, rather than eliminate the institution entirely?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 06:47:22 PM »

While I agree with you on all of that, I am curious why you've proposed to expand marriage, rather than eliminate the institution entirely?

My original thinking is that, eliminating the institution of marriage would cause too much of a hubbub, both among the citizenry and of the who's who in Atlasia, and thought that polygamy, while also controversial, is something of a middle ground.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 09:17:12 PM »

My original thinking is that, eliminating the institution of marriage would cause too much of a hubbub, both among the citizenry and of the who's who in Atlasia, and thought that polygamy, while also controversial, is something of a middle ground.

Seems like it's the other way around. Do you want to turn this into a "get rid of marriage" bill?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 06:00:08 PM »

It's an easy divide on this issue - it is a matter of proper consent. If three human adults properly consent to a marriage, than that is acceptable. An animal, however, can not consent in anyway, and therefore, bestiality is wrong. A child's judgement is impaired, since they are a child, and such proper consent can not be given.

I think this issue is cut and dry.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 07:44:01 PM »

I urge my fellow legislators to join me in voting against this bill.  It is nothing short of a war on marriage and with other regions turning their back on the Atlasian way of life, it is more important than ever that we stand our ground by winning this fight for the family values upon that have been the lifeblood of our great nation.   I fear that if this bill passes, it may only be a matter of time before efforts are made to legalize bestiality in our dear region.

I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a horrible person.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 09:26:30 PM »

Seems like it's the other way around. Do you want to turn this into a "get rid of marriage" bill?

My only issue is wouldn't that create a Federal v. Region conflict, and thus a court case?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 08:28:46 AM »

I urge my fellow legislators to join me in voting against this bill.  It is nothing short of a war on marriage and with other regions turning their back on the Atlasian way of life, it is more important than ever that we stand our ground by winning this fight for the family values upon that have been the lifeblood of our great nation.   I fear that if this bill passes, it may only be a matter of time before efforts are made to legalize bestiality in our dear region.

For the record, this post was meant to be a joke/obvious trolling (although I do oppose the bill).  It seems to have offended some folks and was probably in poor taste as I think about it.  I apologize to anyone who was hurt by my trolling/joke and while I certainly think it should be illegal, I don't really think polygamy is compatible to incest or beastiality.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 08:18:24 PM »
« Edited: December 26, 2014, 08:21:20 PM by Dereich »

Far from supporting this bill, I would support harsher penalties for those polygamists who try to come here from other regions.

Sorry for taking so long, I lost my password and hadn't bothered to fix it till now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 03:08:57 PM »

I don't think we should destroy marriage because of the possible legal ramifications our region would face for such action on a federal level. Therefore, I think we should vote on this, since I'm not sure we're getting anywhere and there's no real room for amending this bill.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »

Motion for a final vote.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2015, 05:33:39 PM »

2nd
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 06:52:02 AM »

Third to motion.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 06:21:48 PM »

Seeing no further debate, I bring this bill to a final vote. Legislators have 48 hours to vote aye, nay or to abstain.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2015, 06:24:23 PM »

Aye
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2015, 06:42:46 PM »

Nay
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 01:25:21 AM »

Nay
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »

Nay
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 12:48:54 PM »

With one aye, three nays and one legislator not voting, this bill fails in the IDS legislature.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 12:57:02 PM »

It's disappointing to see marriage rights fail, but I'm glad this discussion was opened up nevertheless.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2015, 07:23:48 PM »

FF Legislature.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies