Mr. Illini's Chicagoland Township Map Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:10:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Mr. Illini's Chicagoland Township Map Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Mr. Illini's Chicagoland Township Map Thread  (Read 10405 times)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »

For the Democratic primary in Cook, I'm expecting Clinton to win by a lot (possibly up to 20 points). Still, the well off liberal white areas will vote for Bernie, like Evanston. The only places I see Bernie having a chance in area University hubs like Champaign-Urbana and (maybe) northwest Illinois (I'm guessing Bernie will do well in Eastern Iowa)

I anticipate moderate Clinton margins in NW and SW Cook (Palatine, Barrington, Schaumburg, etc; Orland, Lemont, etc), Sanders victories in super white liberal areas (Evanston, Skokie, Park Ridge, Oak Park, LaGrange, Chicago Northside, etc), large Clinton margins in Hispanic and black areas (Cicero, Berwyn, Chicago Southside, Chicago Westside, Rich, Bloom, etc).

Probably something like 60-30 Clinton.

Park Ridge is not particularly Liberal, it votes Republican more often than not.  Aside from that, Hillary is from Park Ridge and went to Maine South for High School.  I think she'll win big in that area.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #76 on: December 21, 2015, 11:29:48 AM »

Rauner did pretty well with Hispanics for a Republican, but it was mostly due to the white areas of Aurora having way higher turnout. 
How would white turnout improve his numbers with Hispanics?  Are you comparing white Hispanics to the non-white ones?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 11:32:26 AM »
« Edited: December 21, 2015, 11:35:44 AM by Green Line »

Rauner did pretty well with Hispanics for a Republican, but it was mostly due to the white areas of Aurora having way higher turnout.  

How would white turnout improve his numbers with Hispanics?  Are you comparing white Hispanics to the non-white ones?

I was saying Rauner won Aurora because the electorate was significantly whiter than the actual population.  I wasn't trying to equate white turnout with his Hispanic numbers.  Sorry for the confusion
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #78 on: May 23, 2016, 12:22:06 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2016, 12:24:05 PM by Mr. Illini »

I've found the time to make a new creation.

This is the IL-10 race in 2014 by township. Some townships are only partially covered by the district (but completely filled in).

It really showcases why Dold was able to upset Schneider. Some of the townships that Dold won are typically stalwart Democratic townships (West Deerfield, Vernon, Avon). Sure, turnout was low and distaste for Pat Quinn was high, but I get the feeling that Dold made serious inroads among Dems in these townships (like Kirk did when he represented the district).

It could be tougher in 2016 than some Dems like to think.

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: May 23, 2016, 02:31:34 PM »

For reference, here is how the townships that are entirely represented in the 10th went in the 2012 Presidential

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: May 23, 2016, 04:22:08 PM »

2010 Democratic U.S. Senate Primary in Illinois

Chicagoland: Cook, Lake, DuPage, and Will Counties

Alexi Giannoulias
David Hoffman
Cheryle Jackson

Hoffman did very well in well-to-do areas such as the North Shore, Oak Park/River Forest, and parts of DuPage. He went to high school at New Trier and is of that brand. To my surprise, he also won in heavily-Hispanic Cicero and Berwyn.

Alexi did best in middle class and rural areas. Jackson won a couple of heavily black south suburban townships.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2016, 11:12:16 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2016, 11:19:11 PM by Mr. Illini »

2016 Democratic Primary for Cook County, IL State's Attorney

A pretty high-profile race. Alvarez was incumbent and criticized for her handling of the Laquan McDonald case.

She was soundly defeated by very strong progressive challenger Kim Foxx (by margins that even Foxx probably didn't expect). Foxx was a Preckwinkle (also known as a reformer) favorite while Alvarez was presumed to be Rahmbo's candidate (although he was fairly mum on the race, avoiding controversy).

The map looks a lot like the Clinton-Sanders map, with Clinton and Foxx largely lining up and Sanders and Alvarez the same. This a tad ironic because Sanders and Foxx were the outsiders in the primary.

It makes sense, though, seeing as though both Sanders and Alvarez were more attractive to Hispanics and middle/working class whites. Sanders for reasons the forum already knows. Alvarez was more popular with Hispanics likely because of her status as a Hispanic individual and more popular with middle/working class whites because of her strong stances against crime.

Clinton and Foxx, meanwhile, more popular with African-Americans and wealthier whites. Clinton, again, for reasons the forum already knows. Foxx was more popular with the black community because she made criminal justice reform her #1 issue, and it helps that she is black herself. I get the feeling that Foxx was more popular with wealthier whites because these areas are more isolated from crime and Democrats in these areas tend to be more progressive on social issues than some of the old-school blue collar white Dems.

Hope you all enjoy! I get the feeling that our Illinois posters will especially. I remember Green Line said he was voting in the Dem primary and voting for Alvarez. Too bad -- bye Anita.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2016, 11:17:53 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2016, 11:22:33 PM by Green Line »

My favorite map so far!  Did Moore come ahead of Alvarez in any of the North side Wards/townships?

And how the heck did criminal Dorothy Brown win her primary? Any chance you could do a map of that?
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2016, 12:13:07 AM »

More finished ahead of Alvarez in the following wards:

6th (south side, majority black)
8th (south side, majority black)
21st (south side, majority black)

So it is a nay on More finishing ahead of Alvarez on the north side, but a few cases on the south side. More's numbers were certainly higher generally on the north side, but Anita's were so low in black wards that More finished ahead of her in select wards. The black community really doesn't like Anita Alvarez.

More also came within 3% of finishing ahead of Alvarez in Evanston, which makes sense with it being a mix of African-Americans and liberal whites (used to call them Lakefront Liberals) whose voting patterns align with the north side wards.

Also within 4% of Alvarez in heavily black south suburban Rich Township.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2016, 12:27:38 AM »

Looks like Anita won Mexicans and lost Puerto Ricans. Sad! Crime in Cook County will continue to skyrocket no doubt.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2016, 12:37:31 AM »

I'll have to do a map of the Brown race. Crazy stuff - Cook Co Dems fully rescinded their endorsement - should have been a death knell.

Somehow, she persevered. Gotta love Chicago politics! Always keeps you guessing.

Did your township/ward (can't remember if you're in the city or not) go Alvarez or Foxx?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2016, 12:41:12 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2016, 12:45:32 AM by Green Line »

I'll have to do a map of the Brown race. Crazy stuff - Cook Co Dems fully rescinded their endorsement - should have been a death knell.

Somehow, she persevered. Gotta love Chicago politics! Always keeps you guessing.

Did your township/ward (can't remember if you're in the city or not) go Alvarez or Foxx?
Gotta love it... Unless you live here!

My home went for Alvarez strongly, but the ward where I live now was won by Foxx.
An election like this makes me wish Cook County had a top 2 jungle primary, because I think Alvarez would have had a decent shot at beating Foxx when you include Republican and Independent votes.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2016, 12:54:37 AM »

Gotta love it... Unless you live here!

My home went for Alvarez strongly, but the ward where I live now was won by Foxx.
An election like this makes me wish Cook County had a top 2 jungle primary, because I think Alvarez would have had a decent shot at beating Foxx when you include Republican and Independent votes.

Haha I still love it. Entertaining at the very least, and Brown is unlikely to hurt anyone. Just another corrupt politician engaging in patronage.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2016, 05:13:07 PM »

Going to chronicle this. Explanation is in the 2016 mapping thread.

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2016, 10:29:45 AM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #90 on: June 24, 2016, 05:57:37 PM »

2016 Democratic Primary for Cook County, IL State's Attorney

A pretty high-profile race. Alvarez was incumbent and criticized for her handling of the Laquan McDonald case.

She was soundly defeated by very strong progressive challenger Kim Foxx (by margins that even Foxx probably didn't expect). Foxx was a Preckwinkle (also known as a reformer) favorite while Alvarez was presumed to be Rahmbo's candidate (although he was fairly mum on the race, avoiding controversy).

The map looks a lot like the Clinton-Sanders map, with Clinton and Foxx largely lining up and Sanders and Alvarez the same. This a tad ironic because Sanders and Foxx were the outsiders in the primary.

It makes sense, though, seeing as though both Sanders and Alvarez were more attractive to Hispanics and middle/working class whites. Sanders for reasons the forum already knows. Alvarez was more popular with Hispanics likely because of her status as a Hispanic individual and more popular with middle/working class whites because of her strong stances against crime.

Clinton and Foxx, meanwhile, more popular with African-Americans and wealthier whites. Clinton, again, for reasons the forum already knows. Foxx was more popular with the black community because she made criminal justice reform her #1 issue, and it helps that she is black herself. I get the feeling that Foxx was more popular with wealthier whites because these areas are more isolated from crime and Democrats in these areas tend to be more progressive on social issues than some of the old-school blue collar white Dems.

Hope you all enjoy! I get the feeling that our Illinois posters will especially. I remember Green Line said he was voting in the Dem primary and voting for Alvarez. Too bad -- bye Anita.

In the Maryland primary, there was something similar with a lot of black Clinton voters going for the outsider candidate, Donna Edwards and Sanders' strongest areas being for Chris Van Hollen.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies