Best QB in NFL today (career and current factors considered) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:22:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Best QB in NFL today (career and current factors considered) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Taking into account career achievements AND current performance,  who is the best quarterback in the NFL today?
Carson Palmer (AZ)

Matt Ryan (ATL)

Joe Flacco (BAL)

Kyle Orton (BUF)

Cam Newton (CAR)

Jay Cutler (CHI)

Andy Dalton (CIN)

Johnny Manziel (CLE)

Tony Romo (DAL)

Peyton Manning (DEN)

Matthew Stafford (DET)

Aaron Rodgers (GRB)

Case Keenum (HOU)

Andrew Luck (IND)

Blake Bortles (JAX)

Alex Smith (KNC)

Ryan Tannehill (MIA)

Teddy Bridgewater (MIN)

Tom Brady (NWE)

Drew Brees (NOLA)

Eli Manning (NYG)

Geno Smith (NYJ)

Derek Carr (OAK)

Mark Sanchez (PHI)

Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)

Phillip Rivers (SND)

Colin Kaepernick (SNF)

Russell Wilson (SEA)

Shaun Hill (STL)

Josh McCown (TBY)

Charlie Whitehurst (TEN)

Colt McCoy (WASH)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Best QB in NFL today (career and current factors considered)  (Read 2022 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: December 24, 2014, 12:13:41 PM »

Rodgers edges out Brees though I might like Brees slightly more.

Chad Henne is better than like half these names. Why can't the NFL find any good QBs anymore.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 09:56:27 PM »

Cam Newton is the only one of those I'd consider good. Stafford is someone you didn't mention that I like a lot and would obviously class above Rivers, etc. even if he never wins. Part of the problem is that I watch very little NFL I guess (12 games this year maybe?) so a lot of my perception dates back to college days for Flacco and Dalton and even Ryan while I really don't consider Rivers very good. Romo has surprised me this year though.

Regardless, I was going more for the team names that IDS Judicial Overlord mentioned.

I mean we got guys like Logan Thomas in competitions to start this week. Quite insane after seeing him play in the ACC (I know he lost the job, but still, just the talk). It amazes me that Zac Mettenberger is more than a practice squad player. Certainly, he has a stronger arm than some of those SEC rivals from last year, but that's all the more reason he should be on a practice squad - higher ceiling, lower floor.

Hopefully guys like Marriota, Mannion, Prescott, Connor Cook, Bryce Petty, John Robertson, and Vernon Adams can break into the league in the next couple years. There's a lot of potential waiting in the wings. Winston in all likelihood too.

Then you got gus like Hundley, Hogan, Kenny Hill, Golson, Bryan Bennett who could make the next level too (though admittedly, I have less faith in those but Hundley wouldn't shock me).

Recent years have had guys like  gabbert and tannehill and bortles and ej manuel and ponder get selected as franchise QBs which is just nonsense. I have some faith in Bridgewater, but some of these picks seem downright desparate. (Not picking on florida haha)

Funny thing is there's some decent backups in the league especially Garoppolo who could impress given an opportunity  (and not just like Matt Cassell). I don't even mind Matt Flynn and certainly not Ryan Mallett. And then there's a pretty proven guy like Hoyer on the market. I'm actually in total shock that Jeff Mathews can't crack the Cardinals top 2 with palmer and Stanton out.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies