The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:16:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203619 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2014, 02:15:55 AM »
« edited: August 12, 2016, 09:28:33 PM by Flo »

Deluge #4
Deluge #3
Deluge #2
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 09:24:46 AM »

I don't get the knee-jerk dislike for these guys. They at least have a sense of humor and I admire them for there smartass/irreverent personalities. Also if there's a women's rights movement, why can't there be a men's rights one? Lastly, its not like there some fringe movement. Yes a small percentage of the population call them red pillites but many people are red pillites without even knowing it (South Park to me is a red pill show).

BTW, why does BRTD hate South Park? Is he a closeted white knight?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »

This seems fitting for the Executive Order President.

# of Executive Orders by President:

Barry Obama: 193
George W. Bush: 291
Bill Clinton: 364
George H.W. Bush: 166
The late, great Ronald Reagan: 381
Jimmy Carter: 320

It's a reference to the nature of the executive orders and the use of them. Hence the reference. We're not merely counting by the numbers, we're counting what POTUS is trying to do and has stated he's doing - going around Congress to enact his agenda (see: SOTU 2014).

The name still fits.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 08:58:35 PM »

This seems fitting for the Executive Order President.

# of Executive Orders by President:

Barry Obama: 193
George W. Bush: 291
Bill Clinton: 364
George H.W. Bush: 166
The late, great Ronald Reagan: 381
Jimmy Carter: 320

It's a reference to the nature of the executive orders and the use of them. Hence the reference. We're not merely counting by the numbers, we're counting what POTUS is trying to do and has stated he's doing - going around Congress to enact his agenda (see: SOTU 2014).

The name still fits.

I don't agree with this post but I don't really think it demonstrates a poor enough understanding of the world to belong here either.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 09:40:52 PM »

Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »

I really don't know if this is in jest or not...

So if Lincoln did come back to life, he still could serve a term since his 2nd term ended before the 2 year limit. I think that with America in a new, changing era, Lincoln would come back to save the racist white cowboy Repub. party from Cruz, Huckabee, and Carson.

In terms of a VP, I feel like Clint Eastwood would be a good VP candidate for Mr. Lincoln. His "empty chair" speech rivaled the Gettysburg Address in terms of quality.

Hillary would obviously win the Democratic nomination against Sanders and Warren. Her VP pick is irrelevant, since she already appeals to all Americans.

I think we have to start in the South. Lincoln isn't exactly "popular" in most Southern states, and Clinton was First Lady of a Southern state, so I feel like Lincoln would have trouble winning any Southern state, even his birth state of Kentucky.

In the North, while Lincoln is loved, Clinton is more popular due to her term as Secretary of State, and her husband Bill. In Lincoln's home state of Illinois, Cook County will make all the difference, securing Clinton victory.

In the West, Lincoln would get some support from "Christians" (Mormons) in Idaho and Utah, as they tend heavy Republican. However,  Non-Mormons, women, Native Americans would keep it close in Idaho. In Wyoming, the "cowboys" would sympathize with Lincoln's reputation as a "wrestler", and perhaps Lincoln would make a campaign visit to "get down and dirty" with Wyoming natives like "Big Ted, "Buff Bill", and "Cowboy Cody".

This map seems correct.

P.S. I feel like Lincoln would have trouble connecting to the black community. While Lincoln played a large role in ending slavery, Hillary's husband Bill played the saxophone. I'm not sure the Emancipation Proclamation can bridge the racial gap.

P.P.S. Colorado is a major swing state. Lincoln MIGHT pull it out, but Hillary will probably get out the vote amongst women and Latinos to clinch victory.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 11:57:37 AM »

I really don't know if this is in jest or not...

So if Lincoln did come back to life, he still could serve a term since his 2nd term ended before the 2 year limit. I think that with America in a new, changing era, Lincoln would come back to save the racist white cowboy Repub. party from Cruz, Huckabee, and Carson.

In terms of a VP, I feel like Clint Eastwood would be a good VP candidate for Mr. Lincoln. His "empty chair" speech rivaled the Gettysburg Address in terms of quality.

Hillary would obviously win the Democratic nomination against Sanders and Warren. Her VP pick is irrelevant, since she already appeals to all Americans.

I think we have to start in the South. Lincoln isn't exactly "popular" in most Southern states, and Clinton was First Lady of a Southern state, so I feel like Lincoln would have trouble winning any Southern state, even his birth state of Kentucky.

In the North, while Lincoln is loved, Clinton is more popular due to her term as Secretary of State, and her husband Bill. In Lincoln's home state of Illinois, Cook County will make all the difference, securing Clinton victory.

In the West, Lincoln would get some support from "Christians" (Mormons) in Idaho and Utah, as they tend heavy Republican. However,  Non-Mormons, women, Native Americans would keep it close in Idaho. In Wyoming, the "cowboys" would sympathize with Lincoln's reputation as a "wrestler", and perhaps Lincoln would make a campaign visit to "get down and dirty" with Wyoming natives like "Big Ted, "Buff Bill", and "Cowboy Cody".

This map seems correct.

P.S. I feel like Lincoln would have trouble connecting to the black community. While Lincoln played a large role in ending slavery, Hillary's husband Bill played the saxophone. I'm not sure the Emancipation Proclamation can bridge the racial gap.

P.P.S. Colorado is a major swing state. Lincoln MIGHT pull it out, but Hillary will probably get out the vote amongst women and Latinos to clinch victory.

It has to be a joke. A pretty funny one, I might add.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 12:16:50 PM »

I generally assume that those with around 100 posts and make terrible threads are not joking and are in fact dullards.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 12:19:06 PM »

I generally assume that those with around 100 posts and make terrible threads are not joking and are in fact dullards.

This one is very obvious and most of the dullards around here have 10000+ posts.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »

This one is very obvious and most of the dullards around here have 10000+ posts.

Glad you're here for posts like these, politicus.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 07:51:09 PM »

Hard to name two presidents that did more to set the country down such a negative path. I went with Reagan, if only because Bush is probably the worst president in nearly 150 years.
The complete disregard for objective historical analysis in this post makes my head hurt.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 07:46:33 PM »

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 01:19:00 AM »

What's wrong with that?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 01:31:27 AM »

Sol is a homophone.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 01:32:46 AM »

Of course! I should've suspected...Sol....Soul.....it all makes sense now.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 01:47:37 AM »

Looking at the electoral maps, it is possible to find these examples

New Orleans
Philadelphia
Chicago
Detroit
Austin

Los Angeles and San Francisco
Portland
Seattle (if we consider that the Pacific states are still conservative)

Click for context.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »

That attitude has killed far too many in the gay community.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »

No, that attitude did not kill people. The fact that the gay community was driven underground contributed to the perfect storm that killed so many people.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2014, 07:11:53 PM »

That's conterminous with his party. There is nothing to see here.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2014, 10:32:08 PM »

No, that attitude did not kill people. The fact that the gay community was driven underground contributed to the perfect storm that killed so many people.
Well, yeah, obviously the historical stigmatization of the gay community hasn't helped either. But I don't think that risky behaviors like unprotected sex or smoking should be tolerated either. It's especially galling to hear such attitudes coming from a member of a community which has been so disproportionately harmed.
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2014, 10:37:29 PM »

First of all lol @ homophone.

Second, I'm guessing bareback=unprotected sex?  In that case I agree with Sol.

Third, when I first saw the thread about Lincoln I thought it was about Lincoln Chafee
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2014, 11:33:41 PM »

Well, yeah, obviously the historical stigmatization of the gay community hasn't helped either. But I don't think that risky behaviors like unprotected sex or smoking should be tolerated either. It's especially galling to hear such attitudes coming from a member of a community which has been so disproportionately harmed.
I mean, if they're both consenting what's the problem? It's not like he has AIDS and wouldn't mention it because he likes it raw.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »

I mean, if they're both consenting what's the problem? It's not like he has AIDS and wouldn't mention it because he likes it raw.

Actually that does happen.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »

Actually that does happen.
I'm aware of that. I'm not sure how it applies to Del Tachi.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies