The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:32:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 205102 times)
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: May 03, 2016, 03:35:33 PM »

Susan Collins isn't a moderate, she's just what passes for one these days.

You're right- she isn't a moderate.  She is just a liberal.  Less liberal than Democrats, but still a liberal.  Being pro-abortion automatically puts one into the liberal camp, as the position is so ridiculous and extreme that it can't even fit into a moderate viewpoint.

LOL. I guess Mark Kirk is a Democrat now? And Bruce Rauner?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1251 on: May 03, 2016, 03:38:36 PM »

Ah, yes. The classic "My views are centrist and sane" syndrome.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1252 on: May 03, 2016, 04:29:33 PM »

You're right- she isn't a moderate.  She is just a liberal.  Less liberal than Democrats, but still a liberal.  Being pro-abortion automatically puts one into the liberal camp, as the position is so ridiculous and extreme that it can't even fit into a moderate viewpoint.

Also, is anyone really "pro-abortion"?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1253 on: May 03, 2016, 07:42:20 PM »

LOL, Jesus Christ.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1254 on: May 04, 2016, 09:23:55 AM »

Mild FF. I'd outright admire him if he didn't essentially make himself president for life. I admire his piety and zealous defense of Christianity while our pathetic leaders in the godless West worry more about not offending minorities than fighting terrorism and promoting the values that made the West great in the first place. For centuries, Russia was the bulwark of Christendom, and under Putin, she is fulfilling her destiny once more.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1255 on: May 04, 2016, 09:28:36 AM »

Mild FF. I'd outright admire him if he didn't essentially make himself president for life. I admire his piety and zealous defense of Christianity while our pathetic leaders in the godless West worry more about not offending minorities than fighting terrorism and promoting the values that made the West great in the first place. For centuries, Russia was the bulwark of Christendom, and under Putin, she is fulfilling her destiny once more.
Had a feeling this might end up here, and frankly, I'm honored.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1256 on: May 04, 2016, 11:34:10 PM »

Had a feeling this might end up here, and frankly, I'm honored.

Thank you for posting directly into the thread.

In honor of Putin's system of governance which you so admire, for daring to dissent you will be viciously curb-stomped in public by several secret police posing as street thugs, and subsequently framed and imprisoned on bogus charges. To help you get through the inevitable gang sodomy encouraged by state prison officials, try thinking of your favorite strongman and pretend he's merely proving what a strong and fearless leader of men he is.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1257 on: May 05, 2016, 12:35:47 AM »

A reminder why this thread is named for him

Trump should pick Bernie.  Make it an outsiders vs. insiders election.   He'll lose half the Republican party but he could get away with "it's not the policy that matters, it's that we're the only two politicians willing to take on a corrupt, rigged system."  All the Bernie Bros. would come over and he'd win a lot of angry moderates as well.  It would throw the election into total chaos.  Bernie is selfish enough that he might accept.  Anything for "the message", right?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1258 on: May 05, 2016, 08:59:57 AM »

Also, is anyone really "pro-abortion"?
I'd say maybe far-left baby-hating fringe groups (God, that hurt to type), but I'd say 99.9% of "pro-abortion" folks are really just pro-choice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1259 on: May 05, 2016, 04:54:44 PM »

Black voters due to their concentration in blue states have made themselves essentially irrelevant to the Republican party.

Because as we know, Mississippi and Alabama have no black people.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #1260 on: May 06, 2016, 11:55:01 PM »

It isn't worth it electorally for democratic to invest money and they care about the constitution and liberty. Never a democrat state.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1261 on: May 07, 2016, 12:44:03 AM »

I think most of the posters ARE working-class whites.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1262 on: May 07, 2016, 01:55:25 PM »

Uh, they do and are eligible if the media lets them. The two party system is already broken.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1263 on: May 07, 2016, 09:18:18 PM »

Add this stipulation to the national GOP rules:

"In the week immediately preceding the Iowa Caucuses, the RNC chair may unilaterally demand that up to three non-suspended candidates being regularly included in the national polls leave the race immediately. If the candidate or candidates commanded to leave do not leave, they will be ineligible to receive any delegates, and any delegates they would have been otherwise eligible to receive will be reallocated to the other candidates or to uncommitted according to each state's delegate allocation rules."

The RNC chair could have used this to boot out TRUMP, Cruz, and Carson this year. The other 9 candidates who ran in the Iowa caucuses were either sensible republicans or hopeless candidates.

lololol the implications of this.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1264 on: May 08, 2016, 12:34:21 AM »

Pretty much everything in this post is dumb, but the Evan Bayh bit and the REASON for it just stands out:

I hope not. Klobuchar doesn't do anything besides satisfy the "labor progressives." Franken unites the party and provides a strong personality. Wyden and Merkley unite the party, appeal to libertarians, and can attract libertarian-leaning centrists/independents. Bayh or Ray Tomblin brings the Conservative Democrats back into the coalition and holds onto some of Sanders's Midwestern labor support. Booker, Heinrich, and Brian Schatz provide new faces for the future of the party in 2020/2024/2028. Mike Michaud and Brian Schweitzer attract libertarians, isolationists, left-libertarians, and unify the party's establishment, moderates, libertarians, and progressives.

IMO, Michaud or Franken would be the best pick besides the "young good speakers" group. Either one would provide a nice balance to the ticket.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1265 on: May 08, 2016, 02:35:12 AM »

This is why I wish there was an acceptable third party option, like Webb or Bloomberg. Hillary cannot last five seconds without revealing how much she loves wall street, and TRUMP is Hitler 2.0 .

Honestly, if Austin Petersen (L) wasn't atheist, I would be considering supporting him. (Johnson is an absolute nut with his 43% across the board spending cut and a bunch of other things, #NEVERJOHNSON)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1266 on: May 08, 2016, 10:49:21 AM »

On a theoretical level, I actually prefer Stalin to Trotsky. Trotsky was basically an anarchist. His criticisms of Stalin weren't that Stalin murdered millions of people, it was that Stalin established a strong state apparatus. 
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1267 on: May 08, 2016, 12:13:05 PM »

I don't know many white working class people, and try to avoid them when I can, but it wouldn't surprise me if Atlas were as clueless about them as they are about my people.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1268 on: May 08, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »

Laughably ignorant, but it is a Wulfric post.

This is why I wish there was an acceptable third party option, like Webb or Bloomberg. Hillary cannot last five seconds without revealing how much she loves wall street, and TRUMP is Hitler 2.0 .

Honestly, if Austin Petersen (L) wasn't atheist, I would be considering supporting him. (Johnson is an absolute nut with his 43% across the board spending cut and a bunch of other things, #NEVERJOHNSON)

Wait, what? Are you not voting for someone because of his religion?
Quit feigning shock. Plenty of people do this and it's perfectly valid.

...perfectly valid if you're a bigot

Oh, honestly. I know this is hard to understand on a site that is 70% atheist, agnostic, and "Christian but I don't honestly care that much" sort of people, but I honestly cannot support someone who so fundamentally disagrees with the religious values I have.

I'm happy to make concessions with this, for instance I will probably vote for Clinton who is a methodist even though my beliefs probably come closest to presbyterianism. I would vote for a Catholic president. I could be persuaded to vote for a Jewish president - at least some of the values and commandments that come with following god can still be there. But an atheist/agnostic (or muslim, buddhist, hindu) is so against what I believe in - taking away even the most basic principles and values of following and believing in god, that I hold dear and that this nation was founded upon, that I do not believe I could commit such an action "in faith" and would therefore be sinning as I cast my vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1269 on: May 08, 2016, 03:06:25 PM »

"Soft segregationism"

I am not a racist and I have no reason to think that I would have been a racist during the Vietnam War era. I am obviously completely opposed to segregation, but at the time, I probably would have opposed desegregation busing and sympathized with soft segregationists.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1270 on: May 08, 2016, 03:16:48 PM »

On Paul Ryan:

He is a moderate who disappointed and rejected conservatives. Who care?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1271 on: May 08, 2016, 04:15:28 PM »

"Soft segregationism"

I am not a racist and I have no reason to think that I would have been a racist during the Vietnam War era. I am obviously completely opposed to segregation, but at the time, I probably would have opposed desegregation busing and sympathized with soft segregationists.

"i wouldn't have been a racist but i would have sympathised with soft segregationists"
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1272 on: May 08, 2016, 06:17:11 PM »

"In the week immediately preceding the Iowa Caucuses, the RNC chair may unilaterally demand that up to three non-suspended candidates being regularly included in the national polls leave the race immediately. If the candidate or candidates commanded to leave do not leave, they will be ineligible to receive any delegates, and any delegates they would have been otherwise eligible to receive will be reallocated to the other candidates or to uncommitted according to each state's delegate allocation rules."

The RNC chair could have used this to boot out TRUMP, Cruz, and Carson this year. The other 9 candidates who ran in the Iowa caucuses were either sensible republicans or hopeless candidates.

I mean, it's a terrible post, but what are the "implications" other than the destruction of democracy?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1273 on: May 08, 2016, 09:59:48 PM »

I mean, it's a terrible post, but what are the "implications" other than the destruction of democracy?

Does there need to be anything else?
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1274 on: May 09, 2016, 10:15:53 AM »

I understand that.  I'm not exactly opposed to fewer people voting, especially when a lot of those folks who are unable to put in the time/energy to get an ID happen to be Democrats.  Plenty of liberals on here (and AAD) cheer when they know changing demographics (and immigration from other countries) mean more liberal voters, so I support laws that help conservatives at the polls.  Personally, I think re-instating some kind of poll tax would be just fine by me.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies