The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:12:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 204932 times)
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1350 on: June 03, 2016, 01:15:49 PM »

Stop sounding like a typical NH feminazi, Angrie.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1351 on: June 03, 2016, 02:11:44 PM »

I think we're looking at a Johnson-esque landslide, perhaps even greater.

I'm starting to think it might be all 50 states.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1352 on: June 05, 2016, 02:08:12 PM »

He was sure friendly to Muslims when he voted to invade Iraq. Or voted for Gitmo. Or voted for the PATRIOT Act and other laws that target Muslim Americans.

I am not shedding any tears for this prick. He was a Bush II era Republican in every sense of the term, and when the cracks started to form in the dam, he didn't lift a finger to plug them. Which is why, when the dam broke, he was the first to be carried away in the tidal wave. One sob story that I'm sure his children (who grew up in the elite Washington/NoVA bubble) made up to show that he was above the rubes doesn't do any justice to him. Bob Bennett was part of the problem, and not the solution.

RIP HP.
Well, I'm not surprised that you buy into the circa 2006 Republican Main Street caucus narrative.

I put this here because you were gravedancing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1353 on: June 05, 2016, 03:48:43 PM »

now we see how she get colored votes. on the other hand it is nothing unusual to see clintons cooperate with mafia.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1354 on: June 05, 2016, 04:26:29 PM »

now we see how she get colored votes. on the other hand it is nothing unusual to see clintons cooperate with mafia.

Don't know who that kid is but

A) He doesn't use capital letters
B) He's a borderline racist
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1355 on: June 05, 2016, 04:55:20 PM »

so?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1356 on: June 05, 2016, 05:21:14 PM »

B) He's a borderline racist
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1357 on: June 05, 2016, 10:29:10 PM »

so?

It's an indicator of a lazy, feckless subversive.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1358 on: June 06, 2016, 01:03:41 AM »

What a hypocrite, LMAO. Guess you can write him off for the 2020 election. It seems he doesn't know the meaning of the term "never".

I'm not following.  In what way does he not know the meaning of "never"?

NeverTrump means NeverJohnson too.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1359 on: June 06, 2016, 04:57:30 AM »

so?

RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1360 on: June 06, 2016, 05:37:12 AM »

so?

I thought there was no way that that post was serious and that it was more likely hilarious sarcasm, but you would know that poster better.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1361 on: June 06, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »

Context:

He might crack 70% in West Virginia if he did this.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1362 on: June 06, 2016, 07:35:59 PM »

^You posted in the wrong thread I think. Here's a better one. Wink

If he endorses pro-abortion Johnson, I would lose a ton of respect for him.
Pro-choice != pro-abortion

Donald Trump is also pro-choice. Pro-lifers' best choice is probably Johnson, who at least doesn't want federal funding for abortion.

Trump says he is pro-life, so I will vote for him and respect anyone who does.  Anyone who supports abortion at all is guilty of murder themselves and should never receive my vote or the votes of any true conservative.  If Trump announces that he is pro-choice, Mike Smith or some other protest candidate has my vote.  Anyone who votes for Clinton or Johnson is an accomplice in 3000 murders every day and deserves to go to jail.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1363 on: June 06, 2016, 07:41:16 PM »

That's a shame. Looks like almost every left-leaning person on this forum is going to jail. RIP.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1364 on: June 06, 2016, 08:02:14 PM »

ExtremeRepublican being Extreme again.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1365 on: June 06, 2016, 09:02:49 PM »

That's a shame. Looks like almost every left-leaning person on this forum is going to jail. RIP.
And some right-wingers as well.
Anti-Bothsidesism
Somenamelessfool
United States

« Reply #1366 on: June 06, 2016, 09:09:59 PM »

If I go to jail and die then I will take him down with me.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1367 on: June 06, 2016, 09:45:20 PM »

Donald Trump is also pro-choice. Pro-lifers' best choice is probably Johnson, who at least doesn't want federal funding for abortion.

Trump says he is pro-life, so I will vote for him and respect anyone who does.  Anyone who supports abortion at all is guilty of murder themselves and should never receive my vote or the votes of any true conservative.  If Trump announces that he is pro-choice, Mike Smith or some other protest candidate has my vote.  Anyone who votes for Clinton or Johnson is an accomplice in 3000 murders every day and deserves to go to jail.

The idea that West Virginia voters are motivated by racism is overly simplistic, but arguable. The idea that they are so motivated by racism that voters not currently swayed by Trump's dog-whistling would be swayed if he explicitly called himself a racist is laughable. I suspect laughs are exactly what it's meant to provoke, so perhaps you're right that it should be in that thread instead.

The post you submitted is also really bad, yeah.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1368 on: June 07, 2016, 08:12:11 AM »

It might be politically incorrect to say nowadays, but cultural homogeneity does play a part in the success.

Finland and Sweden are very similar societies, but until very recently a major difference has been the fact that Sweden has had a substantially larger immigrant population. While Finland has been number 1 in education comparisons among European countries, Sweden's results have been abysmal by comparison. With the numbers of immigrants now rising rapidly in Finland as well, I am certain that our results will go down too.

When part of the students in the class have difficulty speaking the common language, they aren't going to excel at tests.

Not saying it's the only issue, though. Respect for the teacher's profession (and the high academic qualifications required of teachers) and the fact that almost everyone goes to a public school matter as well. The phenomenon of wealthy parents sending their children to private schools has been basically non-existent here.
It depends on where the immigrants are coming from, and their socialeconomic class. In Canada the largest source is Asia and they consistently do better academically than whites. I bet well off Muslim immigrants do better than natives where as refugees do worse, as well.
And people say I'm racist. Sad
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1369 on: June 07, 2016, 02:04:41 PM »

I never really understood why Obama wanted to win Indiana.

It was next door and polling looked promising.

It was interesting that he won, considering how Republican the state is. VA & CO also used to be safe for Republicans but now are key swing states.

The entire nation, like our entire planet Earth, is slowly trending more "liberal."
This is nothing new, and completely transparent.
Think about it ..... for thousands of years, nations, governments and especially laws and rights, have all trended more and more "liberal" as time continues to tick.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1370 on: June 07, 2016, 02:10:12 PM »

Trump says he is pro-life, so I will vote for him and respect anyone who does.  Anyone who supports abortion at all is guilty of murder themselves and should never receive my vote or the votes of any true conservative.  If Trump announces that he is pro-choice, Mike Smith or some other protest candidate has my vote.  Anyone who votes for Clinton or Johnson is an accomplice in 3000 murders every day and deserves to go to jail.

The idea that West Virginia voters are motivated by racism is overly simplistic, but arguable. The idea that they are so motivated by racism that voters not currently swayed by Trump's dog-whistling would be swayed if he explicitly called himself a racist is laughable. I suspect laughs are exactly what it's meant to provoke, so perhaps you're right that it should be in that thread instead.

The post you submitted is also really bad, yeah.

And it's quite hilarious which one you have more faux outrage over (particularly since mine was clearly tongue in cheek.)

Hurting the fees fees of the poor fragile West Virginians = worse than imprisoning millions for their political beliefs that a zygote is not identical to a human.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #1371 on: June 07, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »

I never really understood why Obama wanted to win Indiana.

It was next door and polling looked promising.

It was interesting that he won, considering how Republican the state is. VA & CO also used to be safe for Republicans but now are key swing states.

The entire nation, like our entire planet Earth, is slowly trending more "liberal."
This is nothing new, and completely transparent.
Think about it ..... for thousands of years, nations, governments and especially laws and rights, have all trended more and more "liberal" as time continues to tick.

Just... wow.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1372 on: June 07, 2016, 03:22:06 PM »

so?

I thought there was no way that that post was serious and that it was more likely hilarious sarcasm, but you would know that poster better.

It was the latter, but Evergreen tends to get #triggered by these things.  Sad
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1373 on: June 07, 2016, 09:53:23 PM »

Two quality posts in a row:

Of course not. He's a raging misogynist. He'd much rather have Trump win than a woman like Clinton.
You say this like it's a joke, but it's probably true.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1374 on: June 08, 2016, 02:10:12 AM »

Our thread's namesake is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

People insult the KKK all the time but although I too am white I don't feel personally offended or threatened by it.  Neither should hispanics feel personally offended or threatened by rhetoric against illegal immigration.  Both groups are criminal subsets of the population that just happen to be dominated by a particular ethnic group.  If someone went on TV and said the KKK were a bunch of rapists and murderers I would say, yes that's right they are, not go "oh no, he said something mean about some white people, all my white friends and family members are being threatened."  If hispanics insist on taking it to mean them anyway that's their problem, not Trump's.
My God, I'm a regular here, but I clearly have a long way to go to catch up to this...

Strive hard, young paduan..... Wink
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies