The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:58:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 205157 times)
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: July 02, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »

They're heading in that direction, which is a great thing.

My dream is for the political parties to essentially become one party that has all the racists, sexists, homophobes, xenophobes, and another assorted bigots, and one party that is everybody else. Obviously, the former would be the new Republicans and the latter would be the new Democrats. Essentially, the Democrats poach away people like Torie, ShadowyAbyss, and RINO Tom, while losing people like Santander (this process has been in place and accelerating for decades now, but I'd like it to to quickly finish.) Basically, make the Republican Party an out and out hate group, and make it impossible to hide behind any vaneer of "muh fiscal responsibility" or whatever other crap. Make it a binary choice between the party of hatred and the party of non hatred. It would be very great to see just how much we're dealing with when we see what share of the vote this new Republican Party gets. I realize the Democrats would have to make some compromises on the economic issues in order to ensure the coalition remains intact, but that's a small price to pay in order to ensure that those people never get any power. We'd remain a pro-choice party of course as well, but we'd have to make some reasonable accomodations for the genuinely religious yet not outright hateful and bigoted (Mormons would be a Democratic voting bloc in this scenario, for example.) Here would be an example of a generic D vs. R map:

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1451 on: July 02, 2016, 06:34:42 PM »

^Do you actually dislike the post, or are you just mad I included you as an example?
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1452 on: July 02, 2016, 06:57:34 PM »

I completely agree with Santander that that is a horrible post.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1453 on: July 03, 2016, 01:38:53 PM »

Crooked Hillary was just trying to be funny and failed miserably. Nothing new here.

I mean, even if you're using that nickname in jest, you're quoting a known racist, bigot, xenophobic nationalist smart businessman with a tremendous intellect and political instinct who speaks his mind and doesn't care for political correctness and that reflects poorly on you. I hope you seriously re-evaluate your life choices and end up exerting better judgement in the future. Smiley

Fixed for you Wink

Uh, my mom taught me when I was like 4 to keep my comments to myself, and I would get slapped when I didn't, not praised for "speaking my mind." Is Donald Trump 4 years old? Does he need a lesson in how words have consequences, the same way first graders do? Honestly not surprised that some white guy from Germany finds bigoted and racist dog whistling funny.

I really had to resist the urge to praise him for speaking his mind about stereotyping Germans.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1454 on: July 03, 2016, 06:44:15 PM »

Trump would probably not be re-elected; Clinton probably would, so the question is which
is worse four years of Trump or eight of Clinton? Therefore, vote for Jill Stein.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1455 on: July 03, 2016, 08:50:17 PM »

Pawlenty was a good Governor who shifted right for the primaries, but O'Malley's efficiency makes him a bit better.

Pawlenty is one of the best anti-establishment Republicans. He flip flopped for 2012, but he was efficient and I can easily understand admiration of him, just like I can understand admiration and support of people like Gingrich, Mitch Daniels, and Rand Paul.

What's wrong with this?  Was Pawlenty a bad governor?

Oh yes, he was f[inks]ing horrid. Also he was not in any way shape or form "anti-establishment".

Lyin' Steve, BRTD is just a contrarian. Also, most Democrats on Atlas just think any Republican Governor is bad, and they know because it's their state.

I mean, Pawlenty beat pretty big name nominees by 7.9% and then by 1.0%. In 2010, the Republican only lost by about .4%. I really don't think the DFL state party is so awful that it couldn't defeat a terrible Governor in a state as Democratic as Minnesota.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1456 on: July 03, 2016, 10:07:17 PM »

Pawlenty was a good Governor who shifted right for the primaries, but O'Malley's efficiency makes him a bit better.

Pawlenty is one of the best anti-establishment Republicans. He flip flopped for 2012, but he was efficient and I can easily understand admiration of him, just like I can understand admiration and support of people like Gingrich, Mitch Daniels, and Rand Paul.

What's wrong with this?  Was Pawlenty a bad governor?

Oh yes, he was f[inks]ing horrid. Also he was not in any way shape or form "anti-establishment".

Lyin' Steve, BRTD is just a contrarian. Also, most Democrats on Atlas just think any Republican Governor is bad, and they know because it's their state.

I mean, Pawlenty beat pretty big name nominees by 7.9% and then by 1.0%. In 2010, the Republican only lost by about .4%. I really don't think the DFL state party is so awful that it couldn't defeat a terrible Governor in a state as Democratic as Minnesota.
No.. Pawlenty was awful.  Minnesota severely underperformed the nation in job creation (job creation since 2010 has been much better than any time during the 2003-2007 economic expansion).

We had structural deficits and his refusal to raise taxes meant constant cuts to schools, infrastructure (Governor BridgeFail), and human services.

Property taxes went through the roof because he slashed local government aid, which really hurt poor, rural communities who still had to pay for police, fire, and roads.

He was Governor Gimmick... always finding "creative" ways to plug budget holes, much like Jindal in LA.  Insisting that a hike in the cigarette tax was a "health impact fee" so he could technically not raise taxes... and then his whole attempt at covertly cutting funds from state agencies singlehandedly which was shot down by the courts.

Tim Pawlenty was the worst Minnesotan governor in modern history.  Arne Carlson and Al Quie were far better Republican governors than him.

So save us your "BUT LOOK HE BEAT SO AND SO BY A WHOLE PERCENT" in races where he ran against two Democrats on the ticket.

He's a smarmy loser who did real damage to the state.  And with Dayton in office, it has been reversed... and MN has the economic growth, job growth, and budget surplus to prove it.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1457 on: July 03, 2016, 11:09:18 PM »

Yeah, what was said above. I'll point out too that Bob Taft in Ohio was re-elected by a far larger margin than Pawlenty and yet is almost universally considered the worst Governor of that decade of any state and left office with an approval rating of like 12%. Hell even strident Republican hacks probably wouldn't be willing to argue that Rick Scott is a good Governor.

But even that's not the most absurd part of the claim, I find that the idea that Pawlenty was an anti-establishment Republican. This is a guy who literally only ran for Governor because officials of the Bush Administration asked him to drop out of the Senate race to clear the path for Coleman. Pawlenty is less anti-establishment than Mitt Romney.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1458 on: July 06, 2016, 01:05:19 PM »

Since Mark Dayton's so great, I'm glad he crushed the Republican who ran against him in 2010 after Pawlenty's disaster. And before you claim Independence ruined it for him, Tom Horner was a Republican until 2010.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1459 on: July 06, 2016, 01:20:00 PM »

Yeah, what was said above. I'll point out too that Bob Taft in Ohio was re-elected by a far larger margin than Pawlenty and yet is almost universally considered the worst Governor of that decade of any state and left office with an approval rating of like 12%.

Yep, that's one of reasons Democratic gains in Ohio were so massive in 2006, aside of the nationwide wave.

I believed his pproval ranting while convicted for ethic violations was 6.5% Lol.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1460 on: July 06, 2016, 04:27:41 PM »

Since Mark Dayton's so great, I'm glad he crushed the Republican who ran against him in 2010 after Pawlenty's disaster. And before you claim Independence ruined it for him, Tom Horner was a Republican until 2010.

the fact that dayton won in 2010 is telling, yes.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1461 on: July 06, 2016, 07:30:43 PM »

BRTD, I'm not the one who is obessed with NH, it's the media pundits and Atlas posters who are. Every election cycle we have to hear stuff like "OMG WATCH OUT FOR NEW HAMPSHIRE!", "OMG WHY IS NEW HAMPSHIRE SO INDEPENDENT AND ELASTIC!", "IF JEANNE SHAHEEN WINS, DEMOCRATS WILL HOLD THE SENATE!11!", "NH IS THE ONLY ULTIMATE BELLWETHER!!1!", blah blah.
Just because there are many registered "Independents" in NH, that doesn't mean that they are really Independent - in fact, most of them are just closeted partisans. We all know how those cretins vote when it's a White woman that is running against a man, for example. I'd be fine with the state if they just admitted to being a solid blue sexist racist state, but it gets on my nerves when they act as some enlightened Independent ultra-turbo-mega-elastic heaven that is setting the tone for the primaries and the direction of the country. The only good thing NH has done is shattering the myth of White supremacy once and for all.

I do not want people like Ann Kuster, Bob Smith, Jeanne Shaheen or Maggie Hassan to decide control of Congress or even the presidency (like in 2000). It disgusts me!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1462 on: July 06, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »

Mark Dayton is popular now. In 2010 a lot of people saw him as a sort of flake for leaving his Senate seat so soon and not doing much (TIME even labeled him one of America's worst five Senators for that reason) and weird things like that closing of his office. He only won the nomination because of a weak DFL endorsed candidate, a strong one like RT Rybak would've clearly won it. And he ran in 2010, the Tea Party wave year. When the Republicans took the MN legislature. And still won.

Also if you want to talk about the Independence Party they also likely spoiled it for Pawlenty in 2006 too, so probably not a route a Pawlenty-defender wants to go down.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1463 on: July 06, 2016, 09:27:57 PM »

Mark Dayton is popular now. In 2010 a lot of people saw him as a sort of flake for leaving his Senate seat so soon and not doing much (TIME even labeled him one of America's worst five Senators for that reason) and weird things like that closing of his office. He only won the nomination because of a weak DFL endorsed candidate, a strong one like RT Rybak would've clearly won it. And he ran in 2010, the Tea Party wave year. When the Republicans took the MN legislature. And still won.

Also if you want to talk about the Independence Party they also likely spoiled it for Pawlenty in 2006 too, so probably not a route a Pawlenty-defender wants to go down.

In 2006, the Independence Party nominee had no prior experience. Let's say Hatch would have won in 2006, though. Okay?

Now, in 2010, with a Republican up until 2010 as the Independence Party nominee, the Republican lost by about 1%. Why did that happen if Pawlenty was so awful?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1464 on: July 07, 2016, 01:07:18 AM »

In 2006, the Independence Party nominee had no prior experience. Let's say Hatch would have won in 2006, though. Okay?

Now, in 2010, with a Republican up until 2010 as the Independence Party nominee, the Republican lost by about 1%. Why did that happen if Pawlenty was so awful?

Well gee, it was 2010. In a rather inelastic state where Republicans have a fairly high floor despite a low ceiling.

Also Gary Johnson and William Weld are former Republicans but polls indicate they have a good chunk of their support from Democrats who hate both major candidates and care just looking for
A generic protest vote. It was the same thing here.

The real question is if Pawlenty was so great and beloved, why didn't Emmer run as his successor, and why didn't he campaign for Emmer or appear in any ads, instead if Emmer running as his own candidate.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1465 on: July 07, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »

I saw this coming a year ago, Kendrick Lamar and Killer Mike can only promote cop killing as a recourse to isolated incidents of police brutality so much, naive college students and professional agitators "activists" can only pull attention stunts screaming about their wildly overdramatized "lived experience of oppression" so much, and talking heads and editorial writers can only claim that "black people are afraid to leave their houses because they may get murdered" and "there are two classes of people in this country" and write about "black bodies" and "people who look like me" and all that crap so much, before someone actually takes it all seriously and starts shooting cops or white people thinking that they're fighting for freedom.

These two cops will die, Tumblr and other sources of online race hate will turn them into martyrs, CNN/Salon/HuffPo will bring agitators and, as Obama put it, "professional blacks", into the fold to "teach the controversy", and more will follow in their footsteps as a result.

Congratulations BLM, today you officially crossed the line and became associated with terrorism.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1466 on: July 08, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »

Reading that whole thread is just stomach-churning.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1467 on: July 08, 2016, 10:34:20 AM »

BRTD, I'm not the one who is obessed with NH, it's the media pundits and Atlas posters who are. Every election cycle we have to hear stuff like "OMG WATCH OUT FOR NEW HAMPSHIRE!", "OMG WHY IS NEW HAMPSHIRE SO INDEPENDENT AND ELASTIC!", "IF JEANNE SHAHEEN WINS, DEMOCRATS WILL HOLD THE SENATE!11!", "NH IS THE ONLY ULTIMATE BELLWETHER!!1!", blah blah.
Just because there are many registered "Independents" in NH, that doesn't mean that they are really Independent - in fact, most of them are just closeted partisans. We all know how those cretins vote when it's a White woman that is running against a man, for example. I'd be fine with the state if they just admitted to being a solid blue sexist racist state, but it gets on my nerves when they act as some enlightened Independent ultra-turbo-mega-elastic heaven that is setting the tone for the primaries and the direction of the country. The only good thing NH has done is shattering the myth of White supremacy once and for all.

I do not want people like Ann Kuster, Bob Smith, Jeanne Shaheen or Maggie Hassan to decide control of Congress or even the presidency (like in 2000). It disgusts me!

The true irony is that, in 2016, TN Vol is a closeted partisan, himself.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1468 on: July 08, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »

Honest question - is being a racist the worst thing in the world? That's the line most of us have been fed since childhood, but we're all human beings and we're all flawed. Is being a racist so bad that your life's work cannot be viewed in a net positive sense if you are a racist?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1469 on: July 08, 2016, 03:01:36 PM »

Black Lives Matter is partly to blame. They triggered the shooting. They should be ashamed of themselves. Most of these protesters are on welfare, food stamps.
Like...wut?  The last part speaks volumes about poster Bronze4141, yet I can't help but be reminded of those questions they used to ask on standardized tests

"One of these is different from the others:  a) dog b) cat c) hamster d) the homeless man peeing in the elevator at the L stop"
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1470 on: July 08, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »

Black Lives Matter is partly to blame. They triggered the shooting. They should be ashamed of themselves. Most of these protesters are on welfare, food stamps.
Like...wut?  The last part speaks volumes about poster Bronze4141, yet I can't help but be reminded of those questions they used to ask on standardized tests

"One of these is different from the others:  a) dog b) cat c) hamster d) the homeless man peeing in the elevator at the L stop"
The answer is (B) because cats carefully select where they piss, which may not be where you want them to.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1471 on: July 08, 2016, 04:44:58 PM »

This might be the most euphoric post I've seen here in a while, especially combined with the GradeAUnderA signature.

I'm actually really scared about the idea of a race war right now.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1472 on: July 09, 2016, 12:44:30 AM »

I could also say that black America doesn't understand whites.

Aww...tell us your fears of getting pulled over for a traffic violation? A $60 ticket?

Because anybody who acts like a normal human being will never ever come close to having a cop need to use any sort of force whatsoever.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1473 on: July 09, 2016, 05:24:20 AM »

That entire thread can be put in here, honestly. Some of these posts look like something out of Stormfront.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1474 on: July 10, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »

The marijuana legalization movement is basically a bunch of rebellious teenagers & irresponsible mellennials & hippie boomers who draw a false equivalency between people who want ban something that's undebatably, unequivocably bad for the public health, society, and the economy, with no upsides other than members of those groups being able to party even more, and prohibitionists who want to watched Reefer Madness and think it's reality.  They go tell the other idiots in their social group that that's the reality, everyone accepts it intentionally uncritically because hey, they're all using reefer anyway, why make any effort to think about something that will only lead to a realization that might hurt their fun, right?  In twenty years they'll all be either miserably constantly stones, dead, or regretful and trying to warn people not to follow the same path.  Those are the only three possible outcomes.  Boy what a great addition to our social fabric!  Those idiots in the early 20th century really didn't know what the hell they were doing when they banned it!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies