The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:54:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203430 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 30, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »

Ah. Well, the OP wasn't asking about the Senate in that thread. FreeBird make a lot of absurd posts but that was among the least deluged of them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #326 on: March 30, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »

Ah. Well, the OP wasn't asking about the Senate in that thread. FreeBird make a lot of absurd posts but that was among the least deluged of them.
Talk about nitpicking on Hilfly's part Tongue.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #327 on: March 30, 2015, 05:02:41 PM »

Britain is, for all intents and purposes, not part of Europe.

Classic French POV, but still pretty absurd.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #328 on: March 30, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »

It wasn't supposed to be taken entirely seriously...
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2015, 12:12:28 AM »

Stewart sucked, so I imagine this guy will suck as well.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2015, 12:15:05 AM »

Yay! I can demand the immediate guillotining of someone and not have 95% of the forum yell at me over it!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #331 on: March 31, 2015, 12:37:34 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 12:45:48 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

We don't need your pity, when it comes down to it, the insane resilience does enough for the usual things the rest of you losers need  that much caffeine for Wink

I don't think you understand (now there's a surprise!). Tea and coffee taste good. I mean, instant coffee is dreck, of course, but the actual stuff is delicious.

Maybe, maybe not...either way it's still a sad state to get to the point of dependence on it...dependence/addiction is generally speaking a bad place to be in.

Roll Eyes You realize we're talking about caffeine here right? For some of us (especially those of us with a bit of ADHD) it's a crucial aid to getting things done. Jesus man, is there anything you're allowed to enjoy? I really am glad that I'm not part of the grand scam of mormonism that requires living a dreadfully boring existence in return for some supposed path to heaven.

And there goes the hypocrisy of the latte-sipping left again. Claiming to love different lifestyles, but then they go off and call other lifestyles "scams" or "boring". Truly they are no different from your average Liberty University/ Provo Mormon Evangelical in that sense.

I shall note the whole thread that I've never criticized anyone for drinking caffeinated things or boozing up or drugs or what have you.

I also never said I never had caffeine, just that it wasn't something I had often for the sake of temperance.

But the whole thread has been nonsense criticism of those who dissent from addiction on principle, and even people who just plain old don't like coffee.

NOTE: I don't know nor care if Matt actually is a serious latte sipper, or mocha dude, or straight black coffee or what have you...latte sipping has better alliteration. And I still detest that sort of extremism

🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #332 on: March 31, 2015, 01:06:52 PM »

Do you wear the special underwear?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #333 on: March 31, 2015, 01:20:31 PM »

I think MormDem needs to calm down. I recommend a cup of tea.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #334 on: March 31, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »

Yay! I can demand the immediate guillotining of someone and not have 95% of the forum yell at me over it!
A good chunk of the forum hates Stewart, so be careful.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #335 on: March 31, 2015, 01:30:31 PM »

To be fair, I think every one us would be a bit salty if our religion was joked every other post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #336 on: March 31, 2015, 01:31:31 PM »

To be fair, I think every one us would be a bit salty if our religion was joked every other post.
^^
Mormons take a lot of heat around here.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #337 on: March 31, 2015, 01:44:01 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2015, 01:46:54 PM by Nagas »

^^

But this is understandable. The other major religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc.) get to obfuscate their origins under 2,000+ years of history. Mormonism is much younger, its origins and history much more documented, and therefore collapses under a far lower bar of scrutiny.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #338 on: March 31, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »

^^

If his convictions are strong that shouldn't matter.  Wanna believe stuff that wildly contradicts the experience of reality?  Might take some heat.  No one has the right to not be offended.  I think it should be extended to all religion, obviously, the 3 major monotheisms all have their fair share of batsh*t nonsense, but it's no wonder that Mormonism gets a heavy dose of it, as Nagas just explained.  
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #339 on: March 31, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »

^^

If his convictions are strong that shouldn't matter.  Wanna believe stuff that wildly contradicts the experience of reality?  Might take some heat.  No one has the right to not be offended.  I think it should be extended to all religion, obviously, the 3 major monotheisms all have their fair share of batsh*t nonsense, but it's no wonder that Mormonism gets a heavy dose of it, as Nagas just explained.  

There's a difference between taking issue with and mocking some of the weirder stuff and slander/libel of the sort as just displayed.

And just because one has convictions doesn't mean they have to deal with crap like this. BS line crossing can and should be called out. I highly doubt you're be so keen on that same standard when dealing with anti-atheism yourself wherever the hell you have to deal with it.

^^

But this is understandable. The other major religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc.) get to obfuscate their origins under 2,000+ years of history. Mormonism is much younger, its origins and history much more documented, and therefore collapses under a far lower bar of scrutiny.

Just because it's understandable doesn't make it correct or justified.

Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #340 on: March 31, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »

^^

There's a difference between taking issue with and mocking some of the weirder stuff and slander/libel of the sort as just displayed.

And just because one has convictions doesn't mean they have to deal with crap like this. BS line crossing can and should be called out. I highly doubt you're be so keen on that same standard when dealing with anti-atheism yourself wherever the hell you have to deal with it.

Of course I have a difference standard.  Atheism is not a religion.  But no... no one should slander anybody. 

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #341 on: March 31, 2015, 06:32:12 PM »

It totally is a religion hockeydude...willfull ignorance backed up by faith.

The part you hate is even the atheists will go to heaven.  The choice will be very clear.  All doubt stripped away.  Then you choose.  God understands living in this wretched hell of a world where his light is so dim and the darkness so obvious; where you are told God wants to sniff the vapors of your burning body; where you are contractually indebted on birth to scratch a survival out of the earth with interest (good behavior) or here come the ovens...

What you have rejected is actually evil.  The next step is realizing the good always wins in the end.  Evil mightve started it but good ends it.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #342 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »

this isn't funny. does anybody know tender's real name?
Nothing is funny, because you are frigid and miserable. I found some dark humor in this, because it is obviously a joke. And Tender should be banned for six months just like Mechaman was for creating a sock.

"suicide is so funny guys lol amirite"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: April 01, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »

this isn't funny. does anybody know tender's real name?
Nothing is funny, because you are frigid and miserable. I found some dark humor in this, because it is obviously a joke. And Tender should be banned for six months just like Mechaman was for creating a sock.

"suicide is so funny guys lol amirite"
Dude, I suffer from depression and have considered and attempted suicide. If I didn't have humor in my life, I would of jumped into traffic like I tried to in December 2012. So get over yourself, get some sense of life, and quit being so miserable. Otherwise you will live a sad, bitter, and lonely life and you will have only yourself to blame for it.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #344 on: April 02, 2015, 12:15:19 PM »

The Labour Party was founded to represent the interests of the Labour movement and working people. This is also why it's called the "Labour Party", and not "The Progressive Party" or "The Social Liberal Party".

This is also why it has been a longstanding tradition in the party that social issues are matters of conscience, which is why there have always been a wide variety of views on these issues. This also helps explain why support and opposition to Abortion and Homosexual Law Reform has always been bipartisan.
People who do not understand this are misinformed, insane and are not worth listening to (there are many).

In more civilized countries like Canada - we see that the interests of working people are the same as the interests of women, visible minorities and gays and lesbians - all for one and one for all - and retrograde social conservatives have all been expelled from the NDP (Labour) and from the Liberal party - too. Get with the program and throw those religious freaks who try to pass as leftists to the curb - they do not belong in a party of the left!!!

I don't understand this man.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #345 on: April 02, 2015, 12:22:57 PM »

I have CrabCake on ignore, so I only see his stuff when people quote him.  ^^
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #346 on: April 02, 2015, 12:26:30 PM »

God I hope so.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #347 on: April 02, 2015, 12:39:35 PM »

The Labour Party was founded to represent the interests of the Labour movement and working people. This is also why it's called the "Labour Party", and not "The Progressive Party" or "The Social Liberal Party".

This is also why it has been a longstanding tradition in the party that social issues are matters of conscience, which is why there have always been a wide variety of views on these issues. This also helps explain why support and opposition to Abortion and Homosexual Law Reform has always been bipartisan.
People who do not understand this are misinformed, insane and are not worth listening to (there are many).

In more civilized countries like Canada - we see that the interests of working people are the same as the interests of women, visible minorities and gays and lesbians - all for one and one for all - and retrograde social conservatives have all been expelled from the NDP (Labour) and from the Liberal party - too. Get with the program and throw those religious freaks who try to pass as leftists to the curb - they do not belong in a party of the left!!!

I don't understand this man.

Wouldn't be the first thing you don't understand.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #348 on: April 02, 2015, 01:05:30 PM »

I have CrabCake on ignore, so I only see his stuff when people quote him.  ^^

Yeah, weird. One of the last posters I would put on ignore. Both insightful and funny. He trolls a bit, but at least his trolling is generally funny.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #349 on: April 02, 2015, 01:19:04 PM »

Is this a belated April Fools prank?

It does seem that while we were distracted in the Great War sacrificing countless for no apparent reason, central banks consolidated power.  Nobody else won.  If only they benefit from it...they would logically be the ones who want it the most.
Really Al and Averroes?  Tell me what it was all about then.  Some spoiled archduke in Serbia?  

It couldn't be about throwing off old empires and dividing up the spoils from a new, centralized, global position of power...no...no...what a joke.  Worth dismissing as an April fools joke...

Power and money don't consolidate themselves.  The people who literally make the money make that happen.  They did very well by WWI.

But no... in the very cluttered minds of Al and Averroes...
It must've been very complex and handwavey so that only Al and Averroes understand...and in their confidence they can just mock everyone else.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies