The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 202447 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 19, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »

Not to mention that Rape is much worse than being falsely accused of rape.

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

Jesus Christ, just ban this guy already.
Yeah, people have a right to hold terrible opinions. We call it freedom of speech.

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

No no no.  There are good reasons we need people like Cory to be speaking. 
It makes me look good, for example Tongue.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #201 on: February 19, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »

Yeah, people have a right to hold terrible opinions. We call it freedom of speech.

No no no.  There are good reasons we need people like Cory to be speaking. 
It makes me look good, for example Tongue.

Cory makes Ann Coulter look like Ghandi.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2015, 03:44:14 PM »

This is a private forum. Cory is a cancer. He needs to be eliminated.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »

I understand it is a private forum, but that is a decision for Leip and Leip alone to decide on. And judging by what I know of Mr. Leip, I don't see him banning Cory over this. It took years for Opebo to be banned, keep in mind.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2015, 04:02:59 PM »

Our resident psychopath strikes again, I see.
The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline... and before that it was Cory's thoughts on AIDS.  

Someone has to set the bar, I suppose.

Sound like you're throwing a bro under the prude brood bus there HockeyDude. Sad
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »

The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline.

My girlfriend doesn't care for Madeline either.  She actually bothers to hide the book to avoid having to read it to her little girl.  (Yes, I get that you almost certainly meant a different Madeline than the fictional character from children's stories.)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2015, 05:01:44 PM »

Yes, it's a private forum operated by someone who would not approve of your post calling someone a cancer and calling for their elimination.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline... and before that it was Cory's thoughts on AIDS.  

Sound like you're throwing a bro under the prude brood bus there HockeyDude. Sad

C'mon dude, you gotta give me more credit than thinking I'm a Cory fan.  That said, I don't think he should be banned.  Like I pointed out... the low bar needs to be set, too.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2015, 11:07:34 PM »

Regardless of what Dave Leip thinks and what the limitations (or lack thereof) are regarding "free speech", it is in my humble opinion that Cory has been polluting this forum with posts that are worse than trolling because the damage he's doing is inadvertent and it's intellectually grounded. He's clearly a smart person with some horrible, horrible views. Getting rid of trolls is easy, they come and go and we all get riled up about them in the moment, but people like Cory get to stay because he's not technically doing anything ban-worthy. He's still causing the same amount of trouble and he's still making us all dumber for the experience. The ignore button simply isn't enough to solve the problem.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2015, 11:11:57 PM »

If krazen isn't banned, I don't see why Cory should be.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2015, 11:14:57 PM »

If krazen isn't banned, I don't see why Cory should be.

I would fully support krazen's banning as well. He's the right-wing version of Cory. The problem is that people will get up in arms because the "you can't ban people just because you disagree with them" argument always wins out in the end.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #211 on: February 20, 2015, 01:10:46 AM »

I've always understood that the Lib Dems are rough ideological equals to the U.S. Democratic Party, and that Labour is what the U.S. Democratic Party used to be in the 1950s and 1960s. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #212 on: February 20, 2015, 01:36:50 AM »

I understand it is a private forum, but that is a decision for Leip and Leip alone to decide on. And judging by what I know of Mr. Leip, I don't see him banning Cory over this. It took years for Opebo to be banned, keep in mind.

Actually, that is decision for Nym, since Dave delegated his authority to him.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: February 20, 2015, 10:27:08 AM »

C'mon dude, you gotta give me more credit than thinking I'm a Cory fan.  That said, I don't think he should be banned.  Like I pointed out... the low bar needs to be set, too.

Well, the moral lines of the anti-pruders are so far away from mine that it's hard to tell. If supporting pedophilia is super cool and sexual harassment is just dandy, why wouldn't Cory be one of the dudes? Perhaps it is the spectre of political correctness gone mad - the Feminazis are taking over everything these days. RIP masculinity.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #214 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »

Well, the moral lines of the anti-pruders are so far away from mine that it's hard to tell. If supporting pedophilia is super cool and sexual harassment is just dandy, why wouldn't Cory be one of the dudes? Perhaps it is the spectre of political correctness gone mad - the Feminazis are taking over everything these days. RIP masculinity.

Being a fan of opebo =\= supporting pedophilia.  opebo is not a pedophile.  Nice try.

And must we go over our differing opinions of what constitutes sexual harassment again? 

No, Cory is not "one of the dudes".
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:28 PM »

Beashear and Mitch are Clinton moderates, not Liberal Obamanites. And they will run ahead of Obama in parts of the states that appeal to Hilary voters, but not playable on a natl level. This why Ihave hope for 2018 senate races. Because this will test Clinton machine in Southern congressional seats. If she wins.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2015, 07:19:58 PM »

Yes, I think that private possession of "assault weapons" should be banned, along with most other guns and ammunition. If the Second Amendment is a problem, then so much the worse for the Second Amendment. It's probably well past time for that to go, too.

Atlas incarnate here. You can't be serious.

Why can't I? Would you care to explain from your fainting couch?

That is a Constitutional right. You cannot infringe on it, or we will devolve into tyranny.

Answer my question. Is a ban on shoulder-mounted missile launchers an infringement on second amendment rights? Will it lead to tyranny?

No, because those aren't guns. They are missile launchers. And we always have to watch out for tyranny. That is why why can't place any restrictions on the right to bear bullet launchers.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »

Being a fan of opebo =\= supporting pedophilia.  opebo is not a pedophile.  Nice try.

And must we go over our differing opinions of what constitutes sexual harassment again? 

No, Cory is not "one of the dudes".

Opebo supported pedophilia with great enthusiasm even if he wasn't one himself. So apparently that is super cool.

Anyway, good to know that there are limits for some of you!
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2015, 11:49:33 PM »

I would let a million Iraqi and Syrian women and children be raped, tortured and burned alive before I consented to a single drop of American blood being shed there.

Whether this is a necessary or just war is beside the point.

America cannot fight a necessary, just war today because America chose to fight an unnecessary, unjust war twelve years ago. I lay that at the feet of the failed foreign policy of George W. Bush and those elements of the Republican Party that still believe in neoconservative nonsense.

The 57% who support such a thing can go over there and take a stab at it themselves, as far as I'm concerned.

And if I have to listen to that senile old fart John McCain whine anymore about how we need to help his neo-Nazi fascist friends in Ukraine take over the country, I'm going to vomit.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #219 on: February 25, 2015, 01:56:30 AM »

I would let a million Iraqi and Syrian women and children be raped, tortured and burned alive before I consented to a single drop of American blood being shed there.

America cannot fight a necessary, just war today because America chose to fight an unnecessary, unjust war twelve years ago. I lay that at the feet of the failed foreign policy of George W. Bush and those elements of the Republican Party that still believe in neoconservative nonsense.

The 57% who support such a thing can go over there and take a stab at it themselves, as far as I'm concerned.

And if I have to listen to that senile old fart John McCain whine anymore about how we need to help his neo-Nazi fascist friends in Ukraine take over the country, I'm going to vomit.

The language might be extreme but I don't see how that's absurd, ignorant or bad.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #220 on: February 25, 2015, 02:05:50 AM »
« Edited: February 25, 2015, 02:09:56 AM by Charlotte Hebdo »

The language might be extreme but I don't see how that's absurd, ignorant or bad.

1) The first part is the sort of cynicism I wanted to put in the Willips Brighton Asylum of Gross, Cruel and Insensitive Remarks, but that has been merged by some anonymous mod that apparently thought this would cover those things, so putting it here.

2) The last part about Ukraine is either ignorant or an outright lie (=bad).
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #221 on: February 25, 2015, 09:01:41 AM »

It's time to suck it to the dumb environmental groups and get building.
It's ironic that you call the opposition to Keystone dumb, considering the scientists who study these projects are against it.
Sure, I'd prefer to eliminate oil one day and be totally on renewables, but that's a LONG ways off.

Look, the environmentalists have no actual evidence, backed up by a study, that says that Keystone would significantly harm the environment in any situation that doesn't involve a spill, and I've already addressed why the "it's risky" argument is a ridiculous strawman. The pipeline is no longer being investigated by Nebraska Courts. We've had six years to study its possible effects - and it's clearly not the automatic, guaranteed environment ruiner that the far-left would like it to be.

Look I get that it's not some masterful economy saver and I'd like to see serious regulation of any exporting, but neither of those are big enough concerns for any sensible person to be against the pipeline. It's time for Obama to just tell the Sierra Group, and leftist Senators, and everyone else who opposes it to just give up because there aren't even the beginnings of a logical argument against the pipeline.

Obama likes to think that republicans get nothing after their big victory last year. That's not how things should work. Republicans won big, so they have earned the right to get some of their ideas passed, and it should start with this pipeline. Obama's Veto today shows that, at least on this issue, he only cares about ultra-liberal Chris Murphy, Elizabeth Warren, Jeanne Shaheen, and their allies, and doesn't care about what's popular among the people, which is the Keystone Pipeline.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #222 on: February 25, 2015, 04:58:20 PM »

I have a great solution that I'm sure Wulfric will enjoy. Simply build half a pipeline from Alberta and end it at some arbitrary position in the Midwest. Another win for moderate solutions!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2015, 04:18:37 PM »

A post-post-modern masterpiece in internet flirting. Do a Google search for: atlas forum worst post

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #224 on: February 26, 2015, 04:48:37 PM »

A post-post-modern masterpiece in internet flirting. Do a Google search for: atlas forum worst post

oh christ
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies