The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:10:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203545 times)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2015, 07:07:43 PM »

.....about a guy who basically got kicked as PM for being an arsehole.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2015, 02:23:36 AM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »

Well, I, honestly, do not see much of a difference between a lethal injection and a firing squad. Or drawing and quartering, for that matter. Nor do I detect a sign of a "conscience" in the people who do.

I know. You're not the one being shot, hanged, or hacked to bits so it makes no difference to you. As I said earlier, over-arching lack of empathy is the dominant trend in your posts. Lack of empathy and paternalistic moralism are the dominant trends in North American political commentary and political process. It's the only way you can end up with a preference for capital punishment, and trillions of dollars spent without any real reduction in the poverty rate.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2015, 03:03:07 PM »

Reminds me of when my PC friend took huge offense to the word "retard" because it may offend the retards.

Gtfo for using the term "PC" and for justifying the degradation of mentally challenged people by using a slur against them.

>2000+15
>implying that political correctness isn't a real thing used by liberals to shut down debate because they have no useful contributions of their own to an argument at any given moment
>implying that using the word 'retard' literally degrades people right then and there, even when not being used in the context in which it would be degrading or hurtful
>implying that your keyboard activism will do anything to stop turkisblau from using the word

Please return to Tumblr with all due haste

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »

Comrade TNF shows us that we can, indeed, fight the SJW menace without sounding like neckbeards.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #280 on: March 16, 2015, 06:03:51 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2015, 06:10:31 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

No post that contains >implying belongs in this thread.

Or that non-ironically complains about political correctness jesus christ.

There are exceptions to the rule, as proven by R2's nasty insinuations that needed to be called out.

Also the implication that PC is always some kind of protector and doesn't itself carry nasty implication for those it tries to protect. Or worse, it diverts away from an even bigger issue by setting up a semantics debate.

That and that non-PC accusations are used to shut-down, and not just by liberals

By Jove, the unwavering faith in PC/non-PC without any introspection is sickening. It too must be balanced out depending on context.

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #281 on: March 17, 2015, 12:51:26 AM »

1992 did more damage to our country than people realize. I submit the idea that the election of Bill Clinton in 1992 paved the way for Oklahoma City, possibly Columbine and 9/11.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #282 on: March 17, 2015, 08:37:58 AM »

It doesn't matter that you guys are discounting the health benefits of my job.  I'm receiving advice on Facebook which has been proven time and time again to be some of the best advice I can ever receive.

With a couple of exceptions, the morons on his page are truly unbelievable.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #283 on: March 17, 2015, 04:09:06 PM »

My top 5 Party Choices:
1. Likud (I voted this way in the poll and my sig should make it obvs)
2. The Jewish Home
3. Kulanu
4. Yisrael Beiteinu
5. Shas

In other words, kill all Palestinians, amirite

You support Communism, you shouldn't talk about killing. Your movement has more blood on it's hands then any other ideology.

Yeah, but the difference is that the people killed by say, the Bolsheviks, weren't people who were systematically denied the right to have electricity in their homes, meaningful work, or adequate food. The Bolsheviks and co. actually killed people who did things that were pretty abhorrent and that would never have been held accountable for them otherwise. Were they always right? Definitely not. But they never set out to systematically eradicate an entire group of people because Russia was "god's gift" to them or whatever bullsh**t you Zionist-fascists go on about.

Killing is not in and of itself immoral. Everything is contextual. Wiping out the white armies that would overturn Russian democracy and enslave the people =/= wiping out Palestinians because they had the gall to live somewhere that a group of chauvinist imperialist-lackeys decided was their land.

Absurd defence of a group that eradicated so many groups based on pseudo-religious ideological hatred and obviously hyperbolic regarding the Zionists.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #284 on: March 17, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »

My top 5 Party Choices:
2. The Jewish Home
3. Kulanu
4. Yisrael Beiteinu
5. Shas

You support Communism, you shouldn't talk about killing. Your movement has more blood on it's hands then any other ideology.

Yeah, but the difference is that the people killed by say, the Bolsheviks, weren't people who were systematically denied the right to have electricity in their homes, meaningful work, or adequate food. The Bolsheviks and co. actually killed people who did things that were pretty abhorrent and that would never have been held accountable for them otherwise. Were they always right? Definitely not. But they never set out to systematically eradicate an entire group of people because Russia was "god's gift" to them or whatever bullsh**t you Zionist-fascists go on about.

Killing is not in and of itself immoral. Everything is contextual. Wiping out the white armies that would overturn Russian democracy and enslave the people =/= wiping out Palestinians because they had the gall to live somewhere that a group of chauvinist imperialist-lackeys decided was their land.

Absurd defence of a group that eradicated so many groups based on pseudo-religious ideological hatred and obviously hyperbolic regarding the Zionists.

For this, directly in the deluge.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #285 on: March 17, 2015, 04:43:14 PM »

My top 5 Party Choices:
2. The Jewish Home
3. Kulanu
4. Yisrael Beiteinu
5. Shas

u mad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #286 on: March 18, 2015, 07:54:57 AM »

My top 5 Party Choices:
2. The Jewish Home
3. Kulanu
4. Yisrael Beiteinu
5. Shas

u mad

I didn't know that all the many millions of people killed by the USSR were rich. Ingermanland and Kazakhstan must have been the Switzerlands of their time!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #287 on: March 18, 2015, 11:58:35 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2015, 12:04:30 AM by Snowguy716 »

Wouldn't be needed if humanity stopped reproducing like rats.

Everything would be much easier if the world population would only be 10 million instead of the soon 10 billion and renewables would be plenty available.

Misanthropic garbage.

Still, hard to disagree with.

Not if you don't regard the human race as vermin.

^^^^^

I don't know how the idea that we should cull 7.115 billion people is hard to disagree with.

What he said was that the problem would not be there if we were fewer people, not that we should "cull" the human population or that humans are vermin.

Tender was being hyperbolic, but not wrong.

No.  You share the same sentiments and thus defend him.  But it is these innocuous 'facts' that begin to manifest tentacles of untruth that poison your mind.  

How about let's focus on making the world sustainable and livable for 10 billion humans or even 50 billion one day.

If you reduce the population 99% you lose more than 99% of your creative power as a society.  When one generation produces only 40% of their number you can expect a massive disruption.  Either a rise in xenophobia or a scramble to hold up the legs on a collapsing system.

I expect small, insignificant things from Europe in the next 30 years unless there is full out war.

Edit...I should point out that if there is an integration and assimilation of immigrants then things will be better.

The problem with the increased quality of life with a smaller population argument...is without a rapid die off of a big portion of the population... You will never see better quality of life...but worsening quality of life as you must support a big elderly population with dwindling labor forces.

Eventually things will get better..but not until after a very long, drawn out, unprecedented economic depression that will ruin our psyches.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #288 on: March 19, 2015, 05:16:56 AM »

Wouldn't be needed if humanity stopped reproducing like rats.

Everything would be much easier if the world population would only be 10 million instead of the soon 10 billion and renewables would be plenty available.

Misanthropic garbage.

Still, hard to disagree with.

Not if you don't regard the human race as vermin.

^^^^^

I don't know how the idea that we should cull 7.115 billion people is hard to disagree with.

What he said was that the problem would not be there if we were fewer people, not that we should "cull" the human population or that humans are vermin.

Tender was being hyperbolic, but not wrong.

No.  You share the same sentiments and thus defend him.  But it is these innocuous 'facts' that begin to manifest tentacles of untruth that poison your mind.  

How about let's focus on making the world sustainable and livable for 10 billion humans or even 50 billion one day.

If you reduce the population 99% you lose more than 99% of your creative power as a society.  When one generation produces only 40% of their number you can expect a massive disruption.  Either a rise in xenophobia or a scramble to hold up the legs on a collapsing system.

I expect small, insignificant things from Europe in the next 30 years unless there is full out war.

Edit...I should point out that if there is an integration and assimilation of immigrants then things will be better.

The problem with the increased quality of life with a smaller population argument...is without a rapid die off of a big portion of the population... You will never see better quality of life...but worsening quality of life as you must support a big elderly population with dwindling labor forces.

Eventually things will get better..but not until after a very long, drawn out, unprecedented economic depression that will ruin our psyches.

Thanks for posting directly into the deluge. Bolded thing is the most bizarre, but a lot of the rest is out there in cuckoo land too.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #289 on: March 19, 2015, 06:06:27 AM »

Lol...you're really in a bubble of eco delusion, lady.

My argument is quite rational.  Increasing quality of life can be achieved by technological innovation and/or economic growth.

Economic growth is achieved either by productivity increases or population growth.

The major driver for increasing quality of life can then be partially explained by a growing population given ample access to required resources.

Technology and innovation are making resource use far more efficient.

Labor force growth is negative in nearly all of Europe now.  That is a drag on economic growth, which puts a drag on quality of life.  Both productivity growth and population growth have slowed or reversed.  So economic growth isn't a thing anymore in Europe.  Only technology advances improve quality of life now.  If you can afford them with your dwindling resources as returns on economic activity dwindle.

The state of small rural towns in rural Germany today is a preview of what all but the most important cities will be in 20 years without major restructuring...and where theyll get the money to pay for that restructuring, no one knows which is why the rural towns have been allowed to decay rather than save some of them.

Empty shop windows...empty apartment buildings...decaying infrastructure...a patchwork of teardowns since people tend not to die in a geographically orderly fashion...

Communities will just revert backwards to less developed states.

You can deny it..but your future isn't very bright in Europe and its attitudes like yours that brought it on.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #290 on: March 19, 2015, 03:37:47 PM »

The BJP's policies will stabilize and protect India from Islamic extremism for years to come. This bill is unnecessary, politically correct B.S.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is a good leader on key foreign policy issues.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #291 on: March 19, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »

I'm sorry, IceSpear, but your demands to exclude parts of the democratic field from the polling are bad, bad, bad:

>Including Warren
>Including Cuomo
>Including Gillibrand
>Including "wouldn't vote" (what)
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #292 on: March 19, 2015, 05:25:30 PM »

I'm sorry, IceSpear, but your demands to exclude parts of the democratic field from the polling are bad, bad, bad:

>Including Warren
>Including Cuomo
>Including Gillibrand
Why? At this stage, we should only include those who are at least thinking of running.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #293 on: March 19, 2015, 05:49:13 PM »

That post does belong here but only because EVERY post with the stupid ">" thing does.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #294 on: March 19, 2015, 08:49:15 PM »

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #295 on: March 20, 2015, 11:14:55 AM »

>Including Warren
>Including Cuomo
>Including Gillibrand
Why? At this stage, we should only include those who are at least thinking of running.

Yeah, Warren isn't running. Cuomo knows he has no base of support. Gillibrand will never run against Hillary.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »

Huckabee is yesterday's news and so too is, Obama. Huckabee is like the energizer bunny, he never stops running - his mouth too; think he likes the sound of his voice, doesn't the guy realize that his 15 minutes are up. As for Obama, no surprise about his disdain for Israel, given his middle name is Hussein and it is likely he harbor's those anti-Jewish tendencies most of his life. Probably is a closet Muslim, and you can only see it, from his continuous apologizing to "those ones". 22 months and counting before he goes, and we are stuck with him and his fecklessness until then. His 15 minutes came and went along time ago.

Low hanging fruit this one, but nonetheless relevant.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #297 on: March 21, 2015, 05:54:09 AM »

White middle-class guy thinks the cops only arrest people who are mean to them. Sounds like the title for an Onion article.

No.  Never even had handcuffs put on me in anger.  Despite looking like a bum, I treat cops like I treat all humans (with respect) and thus never get hassled by them (and I've had more than my share of interaction with them).
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #298 on: March 21, 2015, 10:57:10 PM »

I'm probably more left wing than TNF.  He's just more aggressive and vengeful about it.  Punish the elites.

Why punish them? We the people have given them and allowed them, with our explicit permission, to keep that power and money and to use it to seek more.

When we realize collectively that this doesn't work and it is inherently wrong and must be changed...there need be no punishment.  The enablers have been punished enough and the newly demoneyed and powerless former elites deserve mercy.

The long view of history has been nothing but offenses and retaliations.  We have to break that cycle or we'll just continue on forgetting past lessons learned and tempt ourselves into relearning them.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #299 on: March 21, 2015, 11:12:47 PM »

I'm probably more left wing than TNF.  He's just more aggressive and vengeful about it.  Punish the elites.

Why punish them? We the people have given them and allowed them, with our explicit permission, to keep that power and money and to use it to seek more.

When we realize collectively that this doesn't work and it is inherently wrong and must be changed...there need be no punishment.  The enablers have been punished enough and the newly demoneyed and powerless former elites deserve mercy.

The long view of history has been nothing but offenses and retaliations.  We have to break that cycle or we'll just continue on forgetting past lessons learned and tempt ourselves into relearning them.

Easily one of the most intelligent and logical left-wing posts I've ever seen.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies