The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:17:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203407 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: April 07, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »

I'm pretty sure (or at least I want to believe) Oakvale was joking.

Sure, and partly trolling, but as I have said before joking does not prevent a post from being bad. A lot of the worst posts on Atlas are intended as jokes.

Your efforts to prevent the lampooning of various points of view will most certainly fail to yield their intended results! Ha!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #376 on: April 07, 2015, 06:58:17 PM »

Context:

him being the guy who oversaw the investigation and exoneration of Wilson might get him 45% of white vote
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #377 on: April 07, 2015, 09:36:02 PM »

I know AD is pretty terrible, but this is just:

Black man running for his life from a paternalistic welfare state. Gunned down from behind so he doesn't escape. Microcosm for America.

The mothers of his children are eligible for tens of thousands in subsidies and welfare benefits. Mr. Scott, who had no right to decline paternity after pregnancy, is enslaved, criminalized, and ultimately gunned down when he couldn't handle it anymore.

If we blame the cop, we can avoid dealing with the main problem. I wonder what the sheeple are plotting to do. lulz
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #378 on: April 07, 2015, 10:06:28 PM »

Black man running for his life from a paternalistic welfare state. Gunned down from behind so he doesn't escape. Microcosm for America.

The mothers of his children are eligible for tens of thousands in subsidies and welfare benefits. Mr. Scott, who had no right to decline paternity after pregnancy, is enslaved, criminalized, and ultimately gunned down when he couldn't handle it anymore.

If we blame the cop, we can avoid dealing with the main problem. I wonder what the sheeple are plotting to do. lulz

I...he...what
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #379 on: April 08, 2015, 12:43:49 PM »

On Ron Paul attending Rand Paul's campaign launch:

I was surprised that the media did not mention that in some shows today.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #380 on: April 08, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »

Wow, I seriously can't believe Oakvale would seriously say something like that in all seriousness.  I'm seriously annoyed.  Angry
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #381 on: April 08, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »

Of course not. Telling the truth about the greatest hoax until the "moon" landings shouldn't be a criminal offense, much as the cultural femi-marxists and their allies in the media (guess who?) might like to make you believe otherwise. Wake up.

Look at the thread title.

Were you born without a detection mechanism for blindingly obvious irony or were you maimed in a tragic accident in your childhood?
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #382 on: April 08, 2015, 01:49:08 PM »

Of course not. Telling the truth about the greatest hoax until the "moon" landings shouldn't be a criminal offense, much as the cultural femi-marxists and their allies in the media (guess who?) might like to make you believe otherwise. Wake up.

Look at the thread title.

Were you born without a detection mechanism for blindingly obvious irony or were you maimed in a tragic accident in your childhood?

It being irony doesn't matter. It is a bad post because its stupid and lame. You keep objecting to people putting your posts in the deluge because they are irony/satire etc. as if that was relevant. It isn't. On the contrary almost all your attempts at being funny or clever are lame and unfunny = bad posts.

So please stop objecting to your posts being placed in the deluge - at least half of them belong here.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #383 on: April 08, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »

Ah, my fault, I used to go on a forum where 25% of the posters would have seriously believed what you said.

If it's any consolation it's almost certain that one of our lapel-clutching pompous windbags would have placed it in here regardless without the excuse of such an experience. For example,

You keep objecting to people putting your posts in the deluge because they are irony/satire etc. as if that was relevant.

Actually this is about Danish culture.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #384 on: April 08, 2015, 02:01:37 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2015, 02:03:31 PM by Charlotte Hebdo »

To illustrate my point above:

- Do away with taxes except for THE RICH
- Government covers spending by growing and selling legal weed
- Anime becomes real

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #385 on: April 08, 2015, 02:02:45 PM »

He's telling it from the perspective of the dead guy...you know...the guy you will ignore as you deliver the cop to the altar for ritual slaughtering.

You dont address the cop issue.  You make them impotent while telling them to step it up.  Meanwhile...the man is running from his paternalistic responsibility because he cant have an abortion like women can.  His fate is her choice.  She still gets to escape via a surgical scissors to the brain.  Perhaps he wants the kid.  But she decides to stick a scissors in his baby's head.  Nah...couldn't possibly breed resentment or fear.  

The moral ends up being 'stay away from women and cops because they will ensnare you'

Of course that's wrong.

The lessons need to be

1) Cops need to stop fearing criminals the way they do.
2) same goes for the criminals fearing cops.  This requires a major justice system overhaul to make it restorative and rehabilitative from the supremes to the local deputy.

3) The mother of that man's children should get all that back child support and more from the police department who took her burden on when they killed the father of her kids (they will never pay a dime to her...the cop union will ensure that)

4) the police officer needs to repent for what he did.  Make a very public apology claiming full and entire responsibility for killing the man.  Tell them it was inexcusable and ask for forgiveness.  He needs to mean it.

5) he should be suspended for 5 years and put on probation.  And never be an armed police officer again...though his job should remain with the pd in another capacity...helping the families who have been split apart by cops, perhaps.

6). We need to forgive and value the lessons and mercy involved.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #386 on: April 08, 2015, 02:14:01 PM »

I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm bizarrely continuing to engage with our resident Danish nazi (nothing good!) but here goes.

By your half-bright logic here this is not a bad post, and worthy of discussion, and thus any post drawing attention to its moronic content - which is indicative of the quality of the so-called 'Political Debate' board - is absurd/ignorant/bad/etc. This thread, I feel it should be noted, has been going strong for the better part of two years. What you're displaying is a baffling lack of understanding. It is not complicated. The raison d'etre of my above post (and the other one!) is not on the content itself but on the OP.

My plan.

-Across the board tax cuts, implantation of a 10% Single Rate Flat Tax.
-Abolish the Death Tax.
-Abolish the Estate Tax.
-Close all loopholes.
-Cut Corporate Tax Rates down to 10%.
-Abolish the Income Tax, shut down the IRS.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #387 on: April 08, 2015, 02:28:08 PM »

Stop being mean to politicuSS Sad
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #388 on: April 08, 2015, 02:31:12 PM »

They are welcome, I just reserve the right to disagree with them and think this place would be better if oakvale left. The SS on the other hand is a bit of a low blow from you, since I don't count you among my forum enemies.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #389 on: April 08, 2015, 02:31:57 PM »

I'm not sure what it says about me that I'm bizarrely continuing to engage with our resident Danish nazi (nothing good!) but here goes.

By your half-bright logic here this is not a bad post, and worthy of discussion, and thus any post drawing attention to its moronic content - which is indicative of the quality of the so-called 'Political Debate' board - is absurd/ignorant/bad/etc. This thread, I feel it should be noted, has been going strong for the better part of two years. What you're displaying is a baffling lack of understanding. It is not complicated. The raison d'etre of my above post (and the other one!) is not on the content itself but on the OP.

My plan.

-Across the board tax cuts, implantation of a 10% Single Rate Flat Tax.
-Abolish the Death Tax.
-Abolish the Estate Tax.
-Close all loopholes.
-Cut Corporate Tax Rates down to 10%.
-Abolish the Income Tax, shut down the IRS.
The Teutons have a very stiff sense of humor and no sense of irony. Because they think they earned everything they have. As an Irish you learned this the hard way.  Politicus thinks Ireland needs more England whether she'll admit it or not.  But thats because the Irish have infiltrated everything and seduced the people with spirits and music.  (You can take our land...but we'll take your souls!)  she's mad that rule following and brute force didn't work.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #390 on: April 08, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »

The Teutons have a very stiff sense of humor and no sense of irony.

Teutons? Where?

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #391 on: April 08, 2015, 02:41:02 PM »

The Teutons have a very stiff sense of humor and no sense of irony. Because they think they earned everything they have. As an Irish you learned this the hard way.  Politicus thinks Ireland needs more England whether she'll admit it or not.  But thats because the Irish have infiltrated everything and seduced the people with spirits and music. (You can take our land...but we'll take your souls!)  she's mad that rule following and brute force didn't work.

Danes are not Germans (or Swedes for that matter) irony is an integrated part of our humor and we use it all the time, but oakvale is not good at it. It is the principle - bad irony = bad post.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #392 on: April 08, 2015, 02:42:24 PM »

They are welcome, I just reserve the right to disagree with them and think this place would be better if oakvale left. The SS on the other hand is a bit of a low blow from you, since I don't count you among my forum enemies.
You're right...it would be better if Oakvale left.  But then we'd be swallowed whole by you!
And nobody likes to feed their hunger with a tepid glass of water, politicus.

Oakvale is like grape cherry cough medicine...bitter in the mouth but helpful if used correctly.  Your message, politicus, is sweet to the ear in its tepid serious reasonableness, but bitter to the stomach.

His message fills your head.  Yours empties the stomach.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #393 on: April 08, 2015, 02:47:25 PM »

You're right...it would be better if Oakvale left.  But then we'd be swallowed whole by you!

Oakvale is like grape cherry cough medicine...bitter in the mouth but helpful if used correctly.  Your message, politicus, is sweet to the ear in its tepid serious reasonableness, but bitter to the stomach.

His message fills your head.  Yours empties the stomach.

Fair enough, all I ask is that oakvale and anybody else should stop using the "it is humor/irony/satire" line when people put their posts in the deluge. Simple as that.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #394 on: April 08, 2015, 02:52:41 PM »

You're right...it would be better if Oakvale left.  But then we'd be swallowed whole by you!

Oakvale is like grape cherry cough medicine...bitter in the mouth but helpful if used correctly.  Your message, politicus, is sweet to the ear in its tepid serious reasonableness, but bitter to the stomach.

His message fills your head.  Yours empties the stomach.

Fair enough, all I ask is that oakvale and anybody else should stop using the "it is humor/irony/satire" line when people put their posts in the deluge. Simple as that.
That's fair.  It is your deluge too.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #395 on: April 08, 2015, 02:53:46 PM »

The Teutons have a very stiff sense of humor and no sense of irony. Because they think they earned everything they have. As an Irish you learned this the hard way.  Politicus thinks Ireland needs more England whether she'll admit it or not.  But thats because the Irish have infiltrated everything and seduced the people with spirits and music. (You can take our land...but we'll take your souls!)  she's mad that rule following and brute force didn't work.

Danes are not Germans (or Swedes for that matter) irony is an integrated part of our humor and we use it all the time, but oakvale is not good at it. It is the principle - bad irony = bad post.

He didn't say German, he said Teutonic, which is another word for calling the Germanic people and Danes are the North Germanic people.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #396 on: April 08, 2015, 02:55:45 PM »

Teutons? Where?

The Teutons were either celtic or germanic...the point is two sides of the same coin.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #397 on: April 08, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

The Teutons have a very stiff sense of humor and no sense of irony. Because they think they earned everything they have. As an Irish you learned this the hard way.  Politicus thinks Ireland needs more England whether she'll admit it or not.  But that's because the Irish have infiltrated everything and seduced the people with spirits and music. (You can take our land...but we'll take your souls!)  she's mad that rule following and brute force didn't work.

He didn't say German, he said Teutonic, which is another word for calling the Germanic people and Danes are the North Germanic people.

Yes, I know, but he implied that Germanic people don't use/understand irony.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #398 on: April 08, 2015, 03:08:33 PM »

Teutons? Where?

The Teutons were either celtic or germanic...the point is two sides of the same coin.
Um... Germanic and Celtic is completely different...
Um....duh like heads is different from the tails.  

And Sorry Politicus...but reading the first sentence of the Teutons on wikipedia says it all...

A Germanic tribe or Celtic people living in Jutland during Roman times.  Nowadays it means all Germanic language speaking people...which most certainly covers Denmark.

politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #399 on: April 08, 2015, 03:11:43 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2015, 03:14:59 PM by Charlotte Hebdo »

And Sorry Politicus...but reading the first sentence of the Teutons on wikipedia says it all...

A Germanic tribe or Celtic people living in Jutland during Roman times.  Nowadays it means all Germanic language speaking people...which most certainly covers Denmark.

Yes, I know and never said otherwise. Did you not read my post above?

Most Germans and Swedes don't use irony, Danes do it constantly.

That's fair.  It is your deluge too.

Touche.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies