The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:06:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203565 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: April 08, 2015, 06:13:56 PM »

If this is what you said, that is true.  You have a way with words however and no doubt it came out sideways and smelling like steaming broccoli.  

But this one is a 'lynchpin' as it were.  There is no excuse making this time.  Time for some police union busting and serious serious budget cuts to law enforcement.  Like 50% off the top and the officers have tO borrow the bullets at a value of $50,000 apiece.  A little less than the median income.  The officer who uses a bullet justifiably sees a $49,000 reduction but still pays $1000.  The police dept still pays $50,000 for a new bullet.  Unjustifiably (even accidental) means $50,000 is deducted from his pay for the year.  This may put newer cops in absolute negative territory.  But the police dept then must borrow a new bullet for $50,000 as well in addition to the $50,000 the cop is paying.

Cop cars would be governed at 5mph over the speed limit.  If they drive faster, the car engine dies and cannot be turned back on for a week.  Tow truck companies would be instructed to move the car out of traffic and secure it in place.  $50,000 gets the car moved out of the elements.  The value of car repairs will be paid for by the dept and an amount 7 times the cost of repair deducted from the following year's budget.  Armed police would not be allowed within 25 feet of a courthouse.

Any police officer would be required to register in his community for life and would have to register all firearms with the court at an annual cost of $50,000/gun.  These being personal weapons, of course.  Weapon owning cops could not live within 2000 feet of any community housing minorities or vulnerable people.  This might make a cop compound necessary.  We will surveil the compound with utmost care and report any off key snoring to the media.

Fire trucks and emt cars would have no such limit and could carry tazers.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #401 on: April 08, 2015, 09:36:29 PM »

If this is what you said, that is true.  You have a way with words however and no doubt it came out sideways and smelling like steaming broccoli.  

But this one is a 'lynchpin' as it were.  There is no excuse making this time.  Time for some police union busting and serious serious budget cuts to law enforcement.  Like 50% off the top and the officers have tO borrow the bullets at a value of $50,000 apiece.  A little less than the median income.  The officer who uses a bullet justifiably sees a $49,000 reduction but still pays $1000.  The police dept still pays $50,000 for a new bullet.  Unjustifiably (even accidental) means $50,000 is deducted from his pay for the year.  This may put newer cops in absolute negative territory.  But the police dept then must borrow a new bullet for $50,000 as well in addition to the $50,000 the cop is paying.

Cop cars would be governed at 5mph over the speed limit.  If they drive faster, the car engine dies and cannot be turned back on for a week.  Tow truck companies would be instructed to move the car out of traffic and secure it in place.  $50,000 gets the car moved out of the elements.  The value of car repairs will be paid for by the dept and an amount 7 times the cost of repair deducted from the following year's budget.  Armed police would not be allowed within 25 feet of a courthouse.

Any police officer would be required to register in his community for life and would have to register all firearms with the court at an annual cost of $50,000/gun.  These being personal weapons, of course.  Weapon owning cops could not live within 2000 feet of any community housing minorities or vulnerable people.  This might make a cop compound necessary.  We will surveil the compound with utmost care and report any off key snoring to the media.

Came here to post this
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #402 on: April 08, 2015, 09:41:35 PM »

LOL NO, without LBJ poverty would be much worse. Vietnam was unfortunate but many Presidents have killed more.

I'd like to see statistical evidence that LBJ's policies have helped Black people or poor people.

lol evidence, amirite?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #403 on: April 09, 2015, 12:55:30 PM »

I have Sephardi ancestry, for the record.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #404 on: April 09, 2015, 01:08:11 PM »

If this is what you said, that is true.  You have a way with words however and no doubt it came out sideways and smelling like steaming broccoli. 

But this one is a 'lynchpin' as it were.  There is no excuse making this time.  Time for some police union busting and serious serious budget cuts to law enforcement.  Like 50% off the top and the officers have tO borrow the bullets at a value of $50,000 apiece.  A little less than the median income.  The officer who uses a bullet justifiably sees a $49,000 reduction but still pays $1000.  The police dept still pays $50,000 for a new bullet.  Unjustifiably (even accidental) means $50,000 is deducted from his pay for the year.  This may put newer cops in absolute negative territory.  But the police dept then must borrow a new bullet for $50,000 as well in addition to the $50,000 the cop is paying.

Cop cars would be governed at 5mph over the speed limit.  If they drive faster, the car engine dies and cannot be turned back on for a week.  Tow truck companies would be instructed to move the car out of traffic and secure it in place.  $50,000 gets the car moved out of the elements.  The value of car repairs will be paid for by the dept and an amount 7 times the cost of repair deducted from the following year's budget.  Armed police would not be allowed within 25 feet of a courthouse.

Came here to post this
Considering the two who posted this here, I think this is some of my best work yet.  Moderate tweedledee and moderate tweedledum...
I make bad posts on purpose and you were dumb enough not to get it because you have poop in your eyes.  No wonder you're so moderate...that smell must be overwhelming.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #405 on: April 09, 2015, 01:13:22 PM »

Jaoguy is best Snowguy.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #406 on: April 09, 2015, 01:59:02 PM »

Any police officer would be required to register in his community for life and would have to register all firearms with the court at an annual cost of $50,000/gun.  These being personal weapons, of course.  Weapon owning cops could not live within 2000 feet of any community housing minorities or vulnerable people.  This might make a cop compound necessary.  We will surveil the compound with utmost care and report any off key snoring to the media.

Came here to post this
Considering the two who posted this here, I think this is some of my best work yet.  Moderate tweedledee and moderate tweedledum...
I make bad posts on purpose and you were dumb enough not to get it because you have poop in your eyes.  No wonder you're so moderate...that smell must be overwhelming.

The fact that calling me a moderate (loooooooool), saying I have poop in my eyes, and then trying to pretend you were joking is the best response you could come up with when you were called out on making one of the worst posts of the year really speaks for itself.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #407 on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:27 PM »

Snowguy, I think that you should stay out of the forum during the days of your recovery. You can't deny that your situation and the medication you're on are taking a toll on your ability to express your thoughts in an articulate manner. Even though we generally don't get along pretty well, and, in other circumstance, I would gladly have taken part in the mocking, it's obviously unfair to hold that against you. However, you know how this forum works, and if you keep posting this sort of stuff, you're set to become the forum's laughingstock for a while.

Take a break. That's my honest advice.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #408 on: April 10, 2015, 09:38:07 AM »

There is no denying that the forum, as a whole, is rather far-left.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #409 on: April 10, 2015, 04:02:06 PM »

If you always thought of it as a blue state, you were just wrong.  So, let's stop there.

It's disturbing how many of you teenagers and college kids equate liberal with "cool," LOL.  If you want to think that way, fine; I can't stop you, and I have no interest in doing so.  However, there are several rich, entertaining and scenic places that vote Republican every once in a while, and it's frankly hilarious that so many of you think of Democrats as strictly enlightened urbanites and Republicans as backwards rural folk.  Ignorance is bliss, though!

The Republicans that aren't backwards Condeferate Degenerates are low-IQ religious culture warriors that are single issue (Abortion) voters. And yes, that includes the ones that are outside the South. I have yet to meet one that didn't fall into one of those categories.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2015, 12:44:49 PM »

Worst to least worst

Lincoln
FDR
Theodore Roosevelt
LBJ
Bush II
Obama
Wilson
Truman
Polk
Grant

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #411 on: April 11, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »

Worst to least worst

Lincoln
FDR
Theodore Roosevelt
LBJ
Bush II
Obama
Wilson
Truman
Polk
Grant

Someone ranking Lincoln below Wilson is something that I never thought I'd see on Atlas.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #412 on: April 11, 2015, 03:27:44 PM »

Snowguy, I think that you should stay out of the forum during the days of your recovery. You can't deny that your situation and the medication you're on are taking a toll on your ability to express your thoughts in an articulate manner. Even though we generally don't get along pretty well, and, in other circumstance, I would gladly have taken part in the mocking, it's obviously unfair to hold that against you. However, you know how this forum works, and if you keep posting this sort of stuff, you're set to become the forum's laughingstock for a while.

Take a break. That's my honest advice.
This forum needs more laughing and less angsty groupthink. 

If you really think I believe what I proposed (that is just proportional response to policing that would do to the police what they are doing to the black community)...then obviously who I am has not been clear enough.  Im not the one with the policing the police act because of an unfair ticket (sorry tnf).

Trayvon Martin...maligned by the right as a 'punk' (codeword for n)

Michael Brown...maligned by the right as a scary demon punk criminal

Eric Garner...suddenly the right begins to say...waaait a minute...so the NYPD flips out and two cops die when some nutzo dude kills them

Finally this happens...and now we need to hear the 'real' story of Walter Scott...the deadbeat who skipped out on his paternalistic responsibility.  But no excuse for the cop so he gets charged.

What is it gonna take?  Some cop yanking a seven year old black girl out of a car, calling her a n$$$$$ and shooting her point blank in the face until he runs out of bullets...will the Nasos finally get it?

Probably not.  But next time this happens and is even worse (cuz it will), my dumbest post of the year will begin to become popular.
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2015, 09:52:50 PM »

The desperation is palpable.

So will the left wing intellegentsia start defending our nominee from Republican attacks and media hit jobs, or will they contunue to waste their time pining for a candidate who isn't running?
Chafee is running.

'What difference does it make" whether Hillary or a Republican is elected? What change is she going to bring?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #414 on: April 11, 2015, 09:57:16 PM »

The desperation is palpable.

So will the left wing intellegentsia start defending our nominee from Republican attacks and media hit jobs, or will they contunue to waste their time pining for a candidate who isn't running?
Chafee is running.

'What difference does it make" whether Hillary or a Republican is elected? What change is she going to bring?

I've basically posted the same before, so: Sad
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #415 on: April 12, 2015, 01:10:05 AM »

WTF? Avery Brooks is awesome, and I thought everyone thought that...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #416 on: April 12, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »

According to Politico, Lindsey's main objective in a potential run would be to stop Paul. He says he'll decide on whether or not to run by late May.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/lindsey-graham-rand-paul-2016-116837.html?ml=po_r

This man is an embarrassment to the whole South.
As opposed to Rand Paul, who is an embarrassment to the entire nation?
Yeah, more embarrassing than a guy who voted to invade Iraq based on false information Roll Eyes
Seeing as how Ron Paul voted to authorize the invasion Iraq, I seriously doubt Rand Paul would have done any differently under the same circumstances. Nice try though.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #417 on: April 14, 2015, 11:00:38 AM »

Utterly degenerate.

If you're going to smoke, smoke.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #418 on: April 16, 2015, 11:21:36 PM »

Believing that half a million Americans and a million western Europeans should not have died in a war for Poland's territorial integrity does not a Nazi make.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #419 on: April 18, 2015, 03:20:53 AM »

Here is a much more objective report on what actually happened:

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/police-missouri-auditor-tom-schweich-talked-of-suicide-left-no-note/21048998_32366062

And, a report that adds critical information:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MISSOURI_AUDITOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

The key takeaways is that Schweich had been suicidal for some time. He had severe Crohn's Disease. Clearly, he was severely depressed, but, had refused to seek any help. He had even threatened to kill himself while holding a gun in hand. His suicide seems to have everything to do with depression.

No substantial "whispering campaign" was ever found. Schweich had stated he would have to, "run as an independent or he needed to kill himself."

The last statement would explain the press conference. Perhaps, he called the conference to announce he was running as an independent, only realize that was a hopeless undertaking.

Now that the real facts are out, I cannot state how despicable it was for John Danforth to assert the "thin skull" principle applies. That refers to criminal acts. Tom Schweich wasn't a fourteen year-old girl being bullied about her looks on social media. He was a grown man seeking to be in the public eye. The person bearing moral responsible for the suicide of Tom Schweich is Tom Schweich.

Those who played up the Jewish angle were being equally outrageous. One person wrote that Missouri has "never had a Jewish governor" as if that were evidence of anything. Here's a link to a list of every Missouri governor.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Governors_of_Missouri

I'm not aware of any of them being Black, nor Hispanic. None seem to have an obvious Slavic name, Italian name or Greek name. Given a pool of less than sixty, and given the percentage of population of Missouri that is Jewish, zero Jewish governors is a rounding error from the expected value using random chance. While Missouri has not had a Jewish governor, apparently, twenty-four Jews have been governors of other states, including two currently serving. Of course, Missouri has two Black Congressmen, including one of the few in a White super-majority district, so charges of "racism" seems well stuffed with straw.

It is interesting to note that had Schweich had a Jewish maternal grandmother many Jews would insist that he was in fact "Jewish" even if he was a practicing Episcopalian.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #420 on: April 18, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »

So, the BS Bob is back.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #421 on: April 18, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »

It is an election year after all.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #422 on: April 18, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »

What a gross misinterpretation of the poll results. "support them even if our interests diverge" in no way means "more loyal".
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #423 on: April 20, 2015, 01:33:16 AM »

I have never engaged in any "political correctness". I just hate Nazis. Of course, as an Austrian, and, therefore a Nazi yourself, you would never understand this.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #424 on: April 20, 2015, 05:09:37 AM »

Even ignoring the part about Neville, I suspect the average abortion-minded woman is more similar to Merope Gaunt than Lily.

Bonus points for demonstrating simultaneous knowledge and ignorance about the Harry Potter backstory at a level that I wouldn't have thought it was possible to attain.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies