The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:18:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203654 times)
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2015, 05:53:11 PM »

I believe conservatives are no longer answering pollsters, out of fear of retribution for supporting marriage
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2015, 07:44:03 PM »

Freedom Fighters. That they abused human rights is undeniable, of course, but so is the fact that the regime they were fighting was much worse. There would not be many (certainly not a majority of people) people arguing that mass rapes that took place when the Red Army drove back Nazi Germany makes the force and their struggle as a whole HPs, since the alternative was so much clearly even worse; this is a comparable, if smaller-scale, example.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2015, 09:07:58 PM »

There is no need for Christianity to change. Just leave it behind.

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2015, 10:25:26 PM »

A CEO was forced out of his job for the "crime" of engaging in the political process by donating to the campaign for California's Proposition 8.   Bakers are being forced to bake cakes with messages in support of something they vehemently disagree with.   Some "progressives" label anyone who has legitimate religious objections to gay marriage as "bigots" and "haters", instead of engaging in debate, and try to ruin opponents' lives and job prospects. 

If you don't see that as gun pointing by SSM proponents, I don't know what to tell you.  If you dare disagree with SSM, you are evil incarnate to "progressives".

That's because there's no such thing as a legitimate religious objection to gay marriage.

It's 2015. Religion should evolve alongside people. Also, because this is a secular nation, run on, wait for it, secular values, prohibiting or denying SSM on religious grounds would be going against separation of church and state.

You're more than welcome to move to someplace like Iran though if you want a country run on religious grounds.

Newsflash:  The Bible is not changing.  Religion should not get with the times.  It is time society stops trying to rip pages out of the Bible.  I sincerely hope the Supreme Court is smart and does NOT impose same-sex marriage in all 50 states.  It threatens America's churches, especially the most conservative ones.  It also threatens Christian schools.  Liberal progressives seriously want to see pastors thrown in jail for life for preaching against same sex marriage and they want to take away tax exempt status for those who refuse to go along with gay marriage.  The denominations who are allowing same sex marriage now are 100% WRONG on that issue.  The Bible clearly states Adam and Eve.  The Bible clearly prohibits a man sleeping with a man.  It is not a slippery slope to other forms of "marriage", but it is a slippery slope to which all voices of opposition will be discriminated against, by the loss of jobs, the loss of their business, imprisonment.

However, there is one thing that is an ABSOLUTE FACT that NO one can deny.  Jesus reigns.  What He says goes.  It doesn't matter if you're an atheist or a member of another religion.  What Jesus says goes.  He will stamp out ALL same sex relationships and marriages.  He will get rid of all sin.

Furthermore, the Bible clearly says no one is born gay.  Being gay is absolutely positively a choice.  The Bible is the rule book on all human life, so no one can legitimately deny its teachings.

Just because we Christians hate gay marriage does not mean we hate gay people or are bigots.  We love gays, but are just trying to uphold traditional, conservative values that liberal progressives are trying so hard to get rid of and replace.

Gay activists should not force everyone to accept their marriage.  They want open mindedness, so why aren't they open minded to conservative, Biblical values?

Sorry for the rant, but it is a topic I have come to the correct realization on.  Christianity reigns and gay marriage loses in eternity.  Pure and simple.
I'm not sure your highlights are even the most absurd parts.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #504 on: May 22, 2015, 01:46:40 AM »

LOL.  Which apocalyptic Dial-a-Deacon has Bushie been listening to this month?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #505 on: May 22, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »

It really saddens me to see these "SJW" types become increasingly influential on the left. They're more of a raving lynch mob then anything else.

The SJW types such as this professor are actually making me racist. I feel very much pressured by society as of late that I am supposed to hate myself or feel guilt for being white, and it is making me want to push back and making me resent blacks. Sorry for slavery, sorry for Jim Crow but, I didn't have any part of it. I'm proud of being white. Does that mean I think anyone is inferior? No. But I feel as if, I, as a white male, am being increasingly marginalized and villanized.

---

Freedom of speech. Remember, it's freedom of speech. Freedom of speech isn't only for angry conservatives. You can't have double standards.
Who here has seriously denied her right to free speech? We have the right to call her out too, of course.

If you are white in 2015, you cannot 'call out' a person of color for anything (even if it is legitimate) without being a Klansman. Didn't you get the memo?
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #506 on: May 22, 2015, 07:36:48 PM »

Yea, I've ignored Dazey. He's clearly fake.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2015, 11:18:45 PM »

"Retarded" as an adjective is one thing, but "retard" as a noun used as an insult is comparable to nigg-r, fagg-t, etc.
Comparing the word "retard" to the n-word is really the ultimate example of clueless whiteness.

Tell me, when were the mentally disabled ever:
-Treated as property to be beaten, whipped, tortured, raped, etc. etc. at their owners' mercy
-Denied the basic rights to vote, of freedom of expression, of freedom of speech, etc. because they were mentally disabled
-Villainized as barely-human, degenerate rapist monsters in critically acclaimed motion picture works
-Brutally tortured and killed for flirting with non-disabled individuals
-Savaged by police dogs for peacefully marching for their rights
-etc. etc.

I mean, dear lord. I know it is not easy to get by as a mentally disabled person in this country, or any country. But the fact of the matter is, the mentally disabled in this country have not experienced a FRACTION of the oppression blacks have, and trying to make that comparison just betrays an utter lack of understanding of this country's long and tortured history of race.

Clearly IBL doesn't have much of a clue regarding the history of how the mentally ill were treated. Oh he admits it, but it's not enough.

But what's worse is that he didn't even need to go through all that, he didn't need to make that comparison...he only needed the first sentence and it should've spoken for itself. Instead he resorted to a "Who's had it worse" Oppression Olympics, which is of no help to any kind of social justice.

And the post has no consideration for those who are black and mentally disabled.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #508 on: May 23, 2015, 12:49:13 AM »

Suffering is suffering is suffering is suffering.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #509 on: May 23, 2015, 03:57:02 AM »

Yes MormDem, I was coming to post that. Basically all his rhetotical questions can be answered with "well, pretty much, yes".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #510 on: May 23, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

Phwezer continues to be terrible. That post to me was more offensive than the actual word "retard."
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #511 on: May 24, 2015, 02:45:47 AM »

In response to "Was Calvin Coolidge a good President?"
Yes he was.

He was very much a gilded age President in hindsight.  Not much lauded or loved by most of his day but he was very successful. A lot like Chester Arthur was, but Coolidge was way more successful than most people credit him for. In terms of accomplishments he was majorly successful and deserves to be in the high regard among GOP Presidents.

He was the epitome of the laissez faire attitude. He didn't care about interfering with things he let them play out and that proved the right decision. By lowering the tax rates and letting industry grow the nation prospered for it. Sure he made mistakes but to blame him solely for the depression? That's ridiculous.  If anyone in particular to blame for the depression Presidency wise it's Hoover because he made the situation far worse with the tariff and tax rate increases.

Coolidge's character outshines everything. Unlike Billy C or Obama who were social and media butterflies Coolidge was to use a cheesy phrase "the OG of the Cool cats.." He didn't care for the life of the President, in fact he was probably one of our more Private Presidents. He lost a lot of his wind out of his sails due to the death of his son. If that hadn't have happened who knows what would have happened with him he could have easily ran again if he wanted too. The death made his depression much worse and his attitude more dim. It would have been interesting seeing him handle the depression.

Harding was a fine President too but the weaker second choice was in hindsight the star move the Republicans made in '20.

Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #512 on: May 24, 2015, 07:40:48 AM »

I'd been waiting for someone to coin a term for that disorder for some time MormDem.  "Oppression Olympics" is quite fitting.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #513 on: May 24, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »

A composite of Presidential elections, 1976 and 1992-2012:

Deep red -- Democrats win every Presidential race. 248
Medium red -- Democrats win all but one Presidential race. 15
White -- always went with the winner 22
Pale blue -- went for the winner in all election, but in that exception went for the Republican 38
Yellow -- twice Democratic, but seeming to now drift Democratic 13
Green -- twice Democratic but seeming to drift Republican (Missouri in a light shade because Obama was close in 2008, others deep green) 38/48
Medium blue -- Republicans win all but one Presidential race. 56
Deep blue --Republicans win every Presidential race. 98

NE-02 is the middle box in Nebraska even if the district is Greater Omaha.

Mass dissatisfaction with the Republican party is strong outside core GOP areas. Republicans will need either a catastrophic failure of the Obama Administration or a quickly-forming cultural trend (like a right-wing religious revival) in most Blue (Atlas Red) states to create an opportunity.

OK, one might trade Nevada for Iowa... but that leaves the Republican nominee with several must-win states (Colorado, Virginia, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina), none of which will be certain.

The winner of the Democratic nomination gets the Obama campaign apparatus intact. 

Apparently only Democrats voted in the 1976 election.

And he doesn't even get it right for them, as Carter's TX 1976 win is not noted.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #514 on: May 24, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »

Carter won the entire South except Virginia. He got basically every Southern state wrong.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #515 on: May 24, 2015, 03:29:23 PM »

Hillary Clinton. I don't vote for Hamas-lovers, sorry not sorry Carter.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #516 on: May 24, 2015, 03:56:22 PM »

It's a factual statement. Not apologizing for it. Jimmy Carter is a joke.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #517 on: May 24, 2015, 04:04:46 PM »

Hamas has had no greater international ally than the Israeli right-wingers that Sunrise so fervently supports.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #518 on: May 24, 2015, 04:33:03 PM »

Hamas has had no greater international ally than the Israeli right-wingers that Sunrise so fervently supports.

And not just in the "Israel validating Hamas's rhetoric" sense--Israel aided Hamas in the 80s as an alternative to the Palestinian leftists.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #519 on: May 24, 2015, 04:44:20 PM »

Camp David, creating the Department of Education, Panama Canal Treaty, the mental health legislation, and respect for this planet are not jokes.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #520 on: May 24, 2015, 05:01:35 PM »

Saying that your political opinions are facts isn't helping anyone.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #521 on: May 24, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »

Racism; first against blacks, then against Asians, and now against whites.

Oldies on the defining theme of the Democratic Party.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #522 on: May 26, 2015, 12:39:43 PM »

I honestly don't give a damn if Serbs died. America comes first to me.

MUH ARBITRARY LINES ON A MAP

Commie, there are things such as cultures, etc. Not just lines on a map. I care about my country - not someone else's. I know you as a Commie, you want to pretend countries, cultures, languages don't exist - you and your little Frankfurt School, America hating views - but no one will ever, ever accept Communism in this country.

MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #523 on: May 27, 2015, 06:00:17 PM »

42-38 at this point?  Weak. Low approval suggests that 42% is close to his ceiling. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #524 on: May 27, 2015, 06:20:25 PM »

Unborn babies apparently still subject to DP. what the Nebraska unicameral did today should get them primaried out.

Physically sickening betrayal of the electorate
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies