The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:54:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203679 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: June 13, 2016, 06:29:29 PM »

Holy sh**t, I tried to express my view that as descendants of Abraham, Muslims should be peaceful and not murder gays, Jews, women and non-believers. The Shadowy Abyss came in and told me that I had no intelligence and that he supported the attacks because Trump was against them and he HATES Trump.

This guy..... I NEVER once said I supported the attacks...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1401 on: June 13, 2016, 06:55:18 PM »

Holy sh**t, I tried to express my view that as descendants of Abraham, Muslims should be peaceful and not murder gays, Jews, women and non-believers. The Shadowy Abyss came in and told me that I had no intelligence and that he supported the attacks because Trump was against them and he HATES Trump.

That may be the most despicable allegation ever leveled at an Atlas poster. Wow.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1402 on: June 13, 2016, 06:58:52 PM »

Can we just count Wulfric's whole name change as a bad post?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1403 on: June 13, 2016, 07:03:18 PM »

That may be the most despicable allegation ever leveled at an Atlas poster. Wow.
As a fellow Muslim, I have only sympathy for #TheShadowyAbyss.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1404 on: June 13, 2016, 07:37:30 PM »

Interesting. A Muslim murders gays and somehow it's Trump's fault?

MohamedChalid simply won't tolerate (the intolerant person that he is) the idea that the Koran is to blame, since it outclasses Mein Kampf as an anti-Semitic, misoygnist, homophobic book.

What did I just read
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1405 on: June 13, 2016, 07:44:01 PM »

Interesting. A Muslim murders gays and somehow it's Trump's fault?

MohamedChalid simply won't tolerate (the intolerant person that he is) the idea that the Koran is to blame, since it outclasses Mein Kampf as an anti-Semitic, misoygnist, homophobic book.

What did I just read
So Curbstomp's a literal Neo-Nazi. What do you know?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1406 on: June 13, 2016, 11:49:38 PM »

What about the young people who vote Republican? Is there such an animal? Is the Republican party attracting the youth vote at all? I'm so curious about how Bernie attracted them. It wasn't about the Dem party, it was about what his message was all about. The Republican party doesn't appear to do anything to attract the young vote, or the female vote for that matter.

I have said this before ....
In our world, our nation and our communities, we are ALL becoming slowly and more and more "liberal" as time continues to tick. Because information is easily available online and on our phones, we learn more easily about different cultures and people, and thus become "more accepting."
And the earlier in life we are exposed to this (as children), the more of a chance that you will follow an ideology that is more liberal as an adult (and then the more of a chance that you pass-on and educate your own children, with this same ideology and acceptance.)
This trend will not change.

I hate to say it, but the Republican Party is not a party of "accepting" different cultures and people. The GOP is stuck in the 1950's or 1960's. Members of this party continue to use vocabulary and statements, time and again, which refuses to embrace anyone who is not white, Christian and heterosexual.

Most young people today, don't "get this." They see and become friends with someone different from them, and don't have a problem. It's older generations that are stuck in time, and refuse to change. Luckily all of us old bastards, die off ..... and we leave the next generation to govern and make laws that allow ALL PEOPLE their right to live and be accepted in society, equally.

God, here we go again.

Good Post Gallery is that way ----->
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1407 on: June 13, 2016, 11:52:55 PM »

What about the young people who vote Republican? Is there such an animal? Is the Republican party attracting the youth vote at all? I'm so curious about how Bernie attracted them. It wasn't about the Dem party, it was about what his message was all about. The Republican party doesn't appear to do anything to attract the young vote, or the female vote for that matter.

In our world, our nation and our communities, we are ALL becoming slowly and more and more "liberal" as time continues to tick. Because information is easily available online and on our phones, we learn more easily about different cultures and people, and thus become "more accepting."
And the earlier in life we are exposed to this (as children), the more of a chance that you will follow an ideology that is more liberal as an adult (and then the more of a chance that you pass-on and educate your own children, with this same ideology and acceptance.)

I hate to say it, but the Republican Party is not a party of "accepting" different cultures and people. The GOP is stuck in the 1950's or 1960's. Members of this party continue to use vocabulary and statements, time and again, which refuses to embrace anyone who is not white, Christian and heterosexual.

Most young people today, don't "get this." They see and become friends with someone different from them, and don't have a problem. It's older generations that are stuck in time, and refuse to change. Luckily all of us old bastards, die off ..... and we leave the next generation to govern and make laws that allow ALL PEOPLE their right to live and be accepted in society, equally.

God, here we go again.

Yeah, so that explains why there are fewer religious minorities in the Middle East now than there were 50-100 years ago, right?
Slow Learner
Battenberg
United Kingdom

« Reply #1408 on: June 14, 2016, 10:35:12 AM »

God, here we go again.

No ProudModerate post goes in there.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1409 on: June 14, 2016, 10:48:25 AM »

God, here we go again.

Yeah, so that explains why there are fewer religious minorities in the Middle East now than there were 50-100 years ago, right?

Not to mention the fact that fundamentalism of all kinds is on the rise (outside the West, of course).   The idea that the end result for the world will be "All Liberal, All the Time" is laughable. 
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1410 on: June 14, 2016, 11:29:36 AM »

It's a very Whiggish idea of history, isn't it?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1411 on: June 14, 2016, 01:21:50 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=9857;sa=showPosts
Let's just put it all here.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1412 on: June 14, 2016, 06:53:29 PM »

It's a very Whiggish idea of history, isn't it?

Ironic considering what happened to them.

History is cyclical.  We tend to see things right know as J-shaped growth in terms of progress and social change due to rapid technological changes, but not everything goes in one direction.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1413 on: June 14, 2016, 09:07:56 PM »

I know I'm going to be dismissed as a loony leftist or something, but I believe that nobody should be allowed to own a gun.

Why do people own guns?

Self-Defense: Your bedside gun to protect yourself from an invader is more likely to end in an accident involving you shooting yourself, than in the protection of you. Not nearly enough crimes are prevented by people because they have guns to make this argument reasonable. So many people are shot by toddlers each year that it's really hard to justify this.

Hunting: Animal cruelty, and it's completely useless. Nobody hunts for food in 21st century America.

I look forward to arguing with someone over this.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1414 on: June 15, 2016, 04:04:30 AM »

I know I'm going to be dismissed as a loony leftist or something, but I believe that nobody should be allowed to own a gun.

Why do people own guns?

Self-Defense: Your bedside gun to protect yourself from an invader is more likely to end in an accident involving you shooting yourself, than in the protection of you. Not nearly enough crimes are prevented by people because they have guns to make this argument reasonable. So many people are shot by toddlers each year that it's really hard to justify this.

Hunting: Animal cruelty, and it's completely useless. Nobody hunts for food in 21st century America.

does not belong here
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1415 on: June 15, 2016, 05:13:05 AM »

Why do people own guns?

does not belong here

" Nobody hunts for food in 21st century America." is a very false statement.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1416 on: June 15, 2016, 05:48:07 AM »

Why do people own guns?

I've finally made one of these boards! I'm so proud of myself.

/s
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1417 on: June 17, 2016, 09:56:55 PM »

Islamist is just an adjective for Islam as far as I know.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1418 on: June 20, 2016, 08:20:46 PM »

This entire thread started by Seriously?
Are you Ready for Hillary! Like Radical Islamic Terrorist Omar Mateen?
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1419 on: June 20, 2016, 09:18:05 PM »

Yes. The opening post is garbage.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1420 on: June 20, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »

Maybe his username is Seriously? because that's how people react to his posts.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #1421 on: June 21, 2016, 10:34:11 AM »

Not surprising. The guy frequented a gay bar.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1422 on: June 22, 2016, 01:58:07 AM »

Context: BRTD posted this sad little bit of sophomoric religious bickering in the Good Post Gallery:

(And, yes, BRTD putting it in the Gallery would still be a bad post if it were some other religion he and Santander didn't like.)
The Last Northerner

« Reply #1423 on: June 23, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »

Ugh Vince Cable is boring atm

Glad Brexit have decided to sink the economy for the sake of muh borders and muh feelings. Cheers you bell ends

The economic scaremongering is just a self-fulfilling prophecy that the globalists are trying their best to make a reality.

Piss off anti Semite
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1424 on: June 24, 2016, 04:57:58 AM »

Ugh Vince Cable is boring atm

Glad Brexit have decided to sink the economy for the sake of muh borders and muh feelings. Cheers you bell ends

The economic scaremongering is just a self-fulfilling prophecy that the globalists are trying their best to make a reality.

Piss off anti Semite

don't belong here
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 76  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies