The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:30:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 76
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203401 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: August 15, 2016, 12:44:03 AM »

Sounds good. Increases the odds we may have good relations with Russia someday, which will be far more valuable than future Islamic caliphates like Germany and Sweden.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1626 on: August 17, 2016, 08:56:10 PM »

Seriously? is probably one of those guys who thinks that Joe Manchin and Heidi Heitkamp are to the right of John Kasich.
Machin may very well be.
Your a Grammar Nazi to?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1627 on: August 18, 2016, 11:26:08 AM »

I am (and always have been) against considering "morality", a notion I thoroughly oppose but whose effects I do not particularly abhor in respect to efficacy, in the making of law. Such consideration would be  tantamount to legislating based off of religious doctrine, in the face of that for which America stands.

The relationship itself is questionable but not inherently dangerous. The line is clearly vaginal sex with insertion of the penis. Anything short of that, in my opinion, should be well legal. However, it is neither the government's duty nor right to legislate exactly what actions may be taken in the bedroom.

Considering all of this, I conclude that such a relationship should be legal, and were there to be a pregnancy, abortion should be mandatory.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1628 on: August 18, 2016, 01:16:28 PM »

This entire thread is bad, but Invisible Obama's post is the icing on the cake:

They voted for McCain and Romney. Let those two handle the mess. Both of them have plenty of money.

Thatcherism at it's finest.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1629 on: August 20, 2016, 06:13:28 PM »

This is literally only a Clinton or Trump choice.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1630 on: August 20, 2016, 08:15:57 PM »

Because he said literally? Really?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1631 on: August 20, 2016, 08:17:05 PM »

This entire thread is bad, but Invisible Obama's post is the icing on the cake:

They voted for McCain and Romney. Let those two handle the mess. Both of them have plenty of money.

My god if there was a right wing version of this people would go nuts and demand a ban.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1632 on: August 20, 2016, 11:19:06 PM »

In the full context of my post, which Wulfric left out, there is nothing incorrect about my post.  Though it might not hold up against the autism factor, I'll admit.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1633 on: August 21, 2016, 04:54:58 AM »

He's not wrong, you know.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1634 on: August 21, 2016, 05:16:05 AM »

Here's some bizarro #analysis:

primaries. I knew that it would exacerbate racial polarization. When you have Democrats nominating a black man when Democrats are already getting 90% of the black vote, and then have him be the face of the party for 8 years, it's playing with fire. This is not an attack on Obama. It's not his fault he's black, obviously. It's just a commentary on political dynamics. During the Obama years you had increasing racial polarization by party, and now it's opened up the door for someone like Trump, who has the backing and uses memes from racist groups that were once considered fringe. Prior to Obama, the GOP was diversifying... you had them start to run candidates like Michael Steele in 2006, who was a relatively high-profile candidate; and from the statistics, the share of black delegates to the GOP convention peaked in 2004.

My ideal would have been for the first minority president, particularly a black, to be a Republican. With a black as the face of conservatism for four to eight years, the racists would have been banished from the GOP, and race would have been removed as a polarizing factor in American politics, as much as it could have been. In a way, conservatism represents the American's Americanism, the heartland ideology, and if that could have been represented by someone black, it would have been even more transformational than just having a black president.

Basically what has happened is what I feared. And this goes for Clinton to, to a lesser extent. We've now had two nominees in a row in the Democrats, where the winner of the white vote in the primaries didn't get the nomination. The black bloc vote is a problem because, when you have 20% of the primary electorate going 90% for one candidate, any other candidate needs to win by landslide proportions just to stay competitive. So blacks have just enough pull to decide Democratic primaries, but the actual swing group in the Democratic party, whites, have less pull. The result is the Alabamization of America, or at least forces pushing in that direction.

That's why I'm going to strongly support the Sanders' calls post-primary for open primaries, rather than closed, in the future. That goes for all levels of government. We need more whites and other non party dedicates deciding our primaries. Those loosely attached to the party having more sway would be better in General Elections.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1635 on: August 21, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »

Here's some bizarro #analysis:

primaries. I knew that it would exacerbate racial polarization. When you have Democrats nominating a black man when Democrats are already getting 90% of the black vote, and then have him be the face of the party for 8 years, it's playing with fire. This is not an attack on Obama. It's not his fault he's black, obviously. It's just a commentary on political dynamics. During the Obama years you had increasing racial polarization by party, and now it's opened up the door for someone like Trump, who has the backing and uses memes from racist groups that were once considered fringe. Prior to Obama, the GOP was diversifying... you had them start to run candidates like Michael Steele in 2006, who was a relatively high-profile candidate; and from the statistics, the share of black delegates to the GOP convention peaked in 2004.

My ideal would have been for the first minority president, particularly a black, to be a Republican. With a black as the face of conservatism for four to eight years, the racists would have been banished from the GOP, and race would have been removed as a polarizing factor in American politics, as much as it could have been. In a way, conservatism represents the American's Americanism, the heartland ideology, and if that could have been represented by someone black, it would have been even more transformational than just having a black president.

Basically what has happened is what I feared. And this goes for Clinton to, to a lesser extent. We've now had two nominees in a row in the Democrats, where the winner of the white vote in the primaries didn't get the nomination. The black bloc vote is a problem because, when you have 20% of the primary electorate going 90% for one candidate, any other candidate needs to win by landslide proportions just to stay competitive. So blacks have just enough pull to decide Democratic primaries, but the actual swing group in the Democratic party, whites, have less pull. The result is the Alabamization of America, or at least forces pushing in that direction.

That's why I'm going to strongly support the Sanders' calls post-primary for open primaries, rather than closed, in the future. That goes for all levels of government. We need more whites and other non party dedicates deciding our primaries. Those loosely attached to the party having more sway would be better in General Elections.

And in a follow up:

So you didn't support Obama in 2008 because he was black. And you think black voters should have less power in Democratic primaries. Okay. 

It's Beet so...

How does it help blacks, or any minority, for our nation's politics to be sorted so that there are two parties who differ only on race, and a 60% white majority always outvotes a 40% party composed of minorities?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1636 on: August 29, 2016, 03:09:49 AM »

jesus christ

Actually, what you call a trait is a lifestyle choice. One which counters the national order of who you were made to be as a male. The science that says being gay is natural in some is highly questionable at best.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1637 on: August 29, 2016, 05:11:48 AM »

jesus christ

Actually, what you call a trait is a lifestyle choice. One which counters the national order of who you were made to be as a male. The science that says being gay is natural in some is highly questionable at best.

"But he's a nice guy, FF"
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1638 on: August 29, 2016, 11:16:47 AM »

jesus christ

But I have decided to be JCL's enemy, you see. Roll Eyes We have other common ground—I should just let this go.

*pukes*
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1639 on: August 29, 2016, 12:00:48 PM »

jesus christ

But I have decided to be JCL's enemy, you see. Roll Eyes We have other common ground—I should just let this go.

*pukes*

You are against the national order.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1640 on: August 29, 2016, 01:20:48 PM »

I love how JCL insists he is a libertarian when he wants to regulate moral behavior in the name of the "national order."
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1641 on: August 29, 2016, 01:22:40 PM »

Maybe JCL is a closet Nazi and "national order" was a Freudian slip?
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1642 on: August 29, 2016, 01:41:17 PM »

I love how JCL insists he is a libertarian when he wants to regulate moral behavior in the name of the "national order."
He's a conservatarian like Cruz or Rand.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1643 on: August 29, 2016, 06:54:44 PM »

He's a conservatarian like Cruz or Rand.

No, he's just a theocon.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1644 on: August 29, 2016, 10:41:27 PM »

ExtremeRetardation, college student, just learned that edible eggs are not unborn chickens:

Vegan Democrats are so hypocritical- they won't eat an egg because it is an unborn baby chicken, but are perfectly fine killing an unborn baby human.

That's not what chicken eggs we eat are?

Actually, I was wrong, and I learned something new:

http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/eat-egg-eating-baby-chick/

But, it doesn't change my criticism of veganism!!
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1645 on: August 29, 2016, 11:06:44 PM »

IIRC he's 15, no?

Still doesn't excuse blatant stupidity. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1646 on: August 30, 2016, 02:38:21 AM »

IIRC he's 15, no?

Still doesn't excuse blatant stupidity. 

Nope, he's a student at the #15 ranked university in the country.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1647 on: August 30, 2016, 03:15:27 AM »

Well you learn something new every day.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P