The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:16:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 204666 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: January 26, 2015, 02:17:13 PM »

A few of my favorites are:

1. Destroying the best healthcare system in the world and lying about it ("If you like your plan, you can keep it")
2. Requiring federal funding of abortions, both in the US and abroad
3. Stifling the recovery by raising taxes on small business
4. Showing utter contempt for Israel
5. Emboldening America's enemies
6. Supporting rioters and rolling back race relations by 50 years
7. Wasting billions of "stimulus" dollars on unnecessary porkbarrel projects
8. Blaming George Bush for everything that goes wrong
9. Taking credit for Bush's accomplishments (Bailouts, capture/killing of Bin Laden, etc.)

#goldenoldies
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 11:34:59 PM »

and as all of America can agree, Oklahomans are not morons.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 12:22:57 PM »

I have CrabCake on ignore, so I only see his stuff when people quote him.  ^^
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »

Wow, I seriously can't believe Oakvale would seriously say something like that in all seriousness.  I'm seriously annoyed.  Angry
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 04:55:42 PM »

I have also long believed that CU has benefited liberals the most.  Soros and Steyer have significant more influence over our elections than the Kochs or Adelson
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 01:46:40 AM »

LOL.  Which apocalyptic Dial-a-Deacon has Bushie been listening to this month?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 01:21:50 AM »

I am moderately embarrassed by the fact that Simfan exists.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 09:55:10 PM »

Context, but it's bad enough without context.

This kind of revisionism out of PC sentiments is generally utter nonsense. I have no reason to assume it's different in this case.

In fairness, he did at least reverse himself once the facts were pointed out to him.  That's more than can be said for a lot of people around here, who often never show up in the thread again, or just stubbornly stick to their misfiring guns (which now I think of it, typically includes DavidB...)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »

It begins with a barracuda killing Nemo's mother and siblings, then has him kidnapped and taken to a strange place, then has Marlin and Dory being chased by sharks, then has them get stung by jellyfish, then has them swallowed by a whale.  To top it all off, Nemo and the others in the aquarium are tortured by a little girl.  If that's not scary, then I don't know what is.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 12:59:31 AM »

Surprised nobody put these here yet:

Another attack by buddhist Norwegians. Gee, I wonder if it has something to do with their religion.

I think France is overreacting, using its power disproportionally. They should meet the perpetrators halfway in their demands. Time for the US to pressure islamophobic France to do so.

Oh wait. Nobody says this if the victims are non-Jews.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 08:27:05 PM »
« Edited: December 04, 2015, 12:31:37 AM by Joe Republic »

From the author of Finding Nemo Was The Scariest Film I've Ever Seen...

Perhaps the biggest thing that made me give up on Santa was the fact that I always found him to be scary, or at least creepy.  Most kids already have a fear of people breaking into their house at night anyway, but Santa takes it to a whole new level by spying on you before he comes on Christmas Eve ("He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake...").  I was always afraid that the simplest mistake (throwing a tantrum, not eating my veggies, etc.) would cause me to lose my presents for that year, and the words of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" were used as a bludgeon to scare me into behaving (that's probably why I don't especially like the song).  We complain when the government tracks and spies on us, but somehow we're content to let a complete stranger do it just so he can bring us gifts?  Why does he have to come at night?  And why is he so interested in kids?  There's the clincher: ever since I was little I was always creeped out by anyone who took that much interest in children (and not just Santa, but the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Ronald McDonald, etc.).  My "pedophile" alarms would almost instantly go off.  I'd like to see how many department store and mall Santas over the years have been convicted sex offenders.  I was also afraid of Santa because he is usually depicted as having a deep voice, and my instinct has always been to distrust people with deep, booming voices (which is ironic because I've been told that my speaking voice is like that.)  Deep voice=scary.  Throw in a few "Ho ho ho" laughs, and you've got a character who's positively terrifying.  (I was also afraid of the Jolly Green Giant when I was little, and that laugh probably was part of the reason.)  I probably watched too many cartoons with deep-voiced villains when I was a tyke.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 03:19:34 PM »

Never. Just because a bunch of racist limousine liberal families in a wealthy CT suburb suffered a tragedy doesn't mean that the rest of the country should lose their right to self defense.
You of all people can't see my trolling, can you? Well, I'm glad it pissed you off enough to put here. That was kind of the point.

When someone like you, who has a history of making legitimate racist or otherwise radical statements, tries to "troll", it doesn't work to well. You're like Poe's law made flesh.
We're you even here when I was making racial statements or are you letting other posters define me?  All I can say about you is that you're an aggregate of typical red avatar snark, elitism, and pearl clutching rage. But that wouldn't be entirely accurate, now would it?

You like to frequently remind everybody here that you "used to be" a white supremacist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 11:29:50 PM »

We have to keep in mind that nothing is free.  Some way, some how it has to be paid for.  So basically healthy people are paying out the a$$ to cover the sick.  And also, health care is not and should not be a right.
If we let people pay for their own health care in a free market, costs would come down.  But if government is supplying it, costs will skyrocket and the quality will decline.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2016, 04:59:11 PM »

It gets worse:

At the best, Trump is a revolutionary fascist moderate with both liberal and conservative values. At the worst, he's a revolutionary fascist right-wing Progressive. Overall, that works out better than Hillary.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2016, 06:23:57 PM »

Posts like the above demonstrate why this forum desperately needs a like/dislike option.  Torie's original post would easily have collected about 20 likes (conservative estimate for a community as big as Atlas) vs 1 dislike from BRTD.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 10:29:10 PM »

now we see how she get colored votes. on the other hand it is nothing unusual to see clintons cooperate with mafia.

Don't know who that kid is but

A) He doesn't use capital letters

so?

It's an indicator of a lazy, feckless subversive.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2016, 03:22:06 PM »

now we see how she get colored votes. on the other hand it is nothing unusual to see clintons cooperate with mafia.

Don't know who that kid is but

A) He doesn't use capital letters

so?

It's an indicator of a lazy, feckless subversive.

I thought there was no way that that post was serious and that it was more likely hilarious sarcasm, but you would know that poster better.

It was the latter, but Evergreen tends to get #triggered by these things.  Sad
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2016, 12:12:54 PM »

Thats ok, I'm not concerned about the opinions of blue avatars.  You have problems of your own!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2016, 12:24:04 PM »

... As in, maybe you should worry about your party's nominee more than my post pointing out how terrible he and his voters are?  I'd have thought you'd agree with me rather than repost it here... unless you consider yourself part of Trump's base now (your avatar color notwithstanding)?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2016, 12:33:20 PM »

Then we agree to disagree.  A person who supports Trump is endorsing bigotry, thereby making themselves a bigot.  This isn't a logical leap, friend.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »

No, not really.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2016, 01:11:54 PM »

Not every thread I've begun is based on a quote from Fox News (although I fully admit that a good number are, because I believe the Fox news people provide a much more objective version of what's going on than can be found on other news outlets). And yes, I read various books and sometimes have questions about the voracity of what I've read, so I post questions.  So I'm confused: do you have a problem with those who read, or those who ask questions?

WT-literal-F

I agree with him. It's hard to accept if you exclusively consume liberal media, but Fox is actually reasonably "fair and balanced".
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2016, 12:31:48 PM »

PA is one of the few states that have people that would be considered "Reagan Democrats" where they are technically Democrats, but would self-identify as Republicans here.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2016, 08:04:54 PM »

Who needs a dog whistle any more, when a bullhorn will do?  (Bolding is mine)

Thats perfectly justified force .

And then she was told by the policeman that it was because blacks have violent tendencies. 

No matter how justified it may seem, ^ is how the police officer justified it to himself. And that's a pretty bad excuse.

Actually they do, but its irrelevant the officer didn't need to flap his gums any further.   I will agree with you there. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2016, 02:33:53 PM »

I don't even know why the thread is named for Lyin Steve anyway.  What did I miss?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies