The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:47:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 204901 times)
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« on: June 24, 2016, 08:01:01 PM »

I'm pretty sure Echochamber is a sock.

Though this forum is skewed toward the left wing of politics.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 06:28:05 PM »

on Ruth Bader Ginsburg:

Really sad to see the dementia kicking in after such a long and heroic career.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 04:08:47 PM »

Because Blacks are criminals, Mexicans are rapist and Muslims are terrorists, racist!

It's probably just a joke, or sarcasm or something, but WTF?
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 09:33:38 PM »

That is an awful post.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 04:50:39 PM »

Nothing about this is incorrect, it's just ludicrously snobbish, supercilious, and hateful:

Populations that are insular and homogeneous tend to be easily coerced into buying populist and bigoted campaigns.  People in ME-02 are probably concerned that their jobs will be stolen by refugees, which is charming, because it assumes that anybody would want to live there if they weren't already born there.

These people had their chance to prove that they knew better.  Instead, they re-elected Paul LePage.  The invisible hand of the free market will be guiding ME-02 with its entrepreneurial heroin dealers and blue collar job losses for years to come.

Wrong basket. This was the one that Hillary was saying we should sympathize with, not think to ourselves, "Well, f 'em, they're voting for Trump." This kind of elitism in the Democratic Party is why Republicans are gaining in new voter registration now. The Obama-Obama-Trump voters do exist and we can't just label them as racist idiots. We need to be at least as accepting of them as we are of McCain-Romney-Clinton voters or the rapists and criminals Mexican immigrants. If Clinton's "deplorables" gaffe had sounded like this instead of what it actually was, then I would have reconsidered my support. This and the one above it are bad signs for the Democratic Party in the future. They need to re-become what are supposed to be: a party of the people, not the party of whoever is supporting them. But they do have a G-WA avatar so that explains some of it.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 06:22:14 PM »

I like when well-off internet liberals who know literally nothing about living in any sort of life of struggle make the assumption that people in rural areas aren't voting Democrat because some other people on the internet said something mean about them.

Newsflash: They know exactly who they're voting for and why they're doing it - and people saying mean stuff about them on the internet is not why.

Of course, I expect them to continue ignoring people who actually associate and interact with them simply because "i read a book about them lol Smiley"

What makes Ebowed's posts (and yours) bad is that the type of people they're talking about are everyone I know and I could be considered to be part of that group. It's very clear that they don't want Democrats to win our support and Democrats certainly aren't trying that hard this election cycle. But if we vote for someone else, then it's our fault and we deserve all the negative consequences. Most Trump voters aren't racist. They want change because they aren't well off. But I'm sure that you know way more about this than someone who lives in an upstate county with 1.5x as many Republicans as Democrats.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies