The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:14:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 204648 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« on: May 22, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »

It really saddens me to see these "SJW" types become increasingly influential on the left. They're more of a raving lynch mob then anything else.

The SJW types such as this professor are actually making me racist. I feel very much pressured by society as of late that I am supposed to hate myself or feel guilt for being white, and it is making me want to push back and making me resent blacks. Sorry for slavery, sorry for Jim Crow but, I didn't have any part of it. I'm proud of being white. Does that mean I think anyone is inferior? No. But I feel as if, I, as a white male, am being increasingly marginalized and villanized.

---

Freedom of speech. Remember, it's freedom of speech. Freedom of speech isn't only for angry conservatives. You can't have double standards.
Who here has seriously denied her right to free speech? We have the right to call her out too, of course.

If you are white in 2015, you cannot 'call out' a person of color for anything (even if it is legitimate) without being a Klansman. Didn't you get the memo?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »

Such attitude is why people like Trump are getting momentum.

See, I find this far more insulting.  As a non-college educated, minimum wage fast food worker, people on this forum consistently make the observation that a voter like me would naturally gravitate towards Trump just for being "dumb and poor."  Well, I give people more credit than that, and I don't think being uneducated or poor is an excuse for racism.

Sure, the rhetoric is cold, I'll give you that much.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 05:43:51 PM »

Nothing about this is incorrect, it's just ludicrously snobbish, supercilious, and hateful:

Populations that are insular and homogeneous tend to be easily coerced into buying populist and bigoted campaigns.  People in ME-02 are probably concerned that their jobs will be stolen by refugees, which is charming, because it assumes that anybody would want to live there if they weren't already born there.

These people had their chance to prove that they knew better.  Instead, they re-elected Paul LePage.  The invisible hand of the free market will be guiding ME-02 with its entrepreneurial heroin dealers and blue collar job losses for years to come.

Wrong basket. This was the one that Hillary was saying we should sympathize with, not think to ourselves, "Well, f 'em, they're voting for Trump." This kind of elitism in the Democratic Party is why Republicans are gaining in new voter registration now. The Obama-Obama-Trump voters do exist and we can't just label them as racist idiots. We need to be at least as accepting of them as we are of McCain-Romney-Clinton voters or the rapists and criminals Mexican immigrants. If Clinton's "deplorables" gaffe had sounded like this instead of what it actually was, then I would have reconsidered my support. This and the one above it are bad signs for the Democratic Party in the future. They need to re-become what are supposed to be: a party of the people, not the party of whoever is supporting them. But they do have a G-WA avatar so that explains some of it.

This right here, very interesting. The party of the people, you say? I'm trying to provide the perspective of a type of person who is politically ignored. Until the Fight for $15, fast food workers had no representation, no champion, no nothing. It sure as hell wasn't Donald Trump who got behind it and fought for better working conditions.

Ignore me at your own peril, and continue to try to win the votes of the "disappearing white middle class." Or, you know, start taking poverty seriously.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 11:47:25 PM »

Let's dispel with this fiction that "fact checkers" aren't just partisan tools to promote an agenda.

Facts can be moved around with technicalities to fit any narrative, so fact checkers are silly and not worth a whole lot.

You may as well just post the entire posting history of that cretin in this thread. Dude has the IQ of a tree.

Trees are smarter than you think!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies