The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:56:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203889 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: May 08, 2016, 02:09:39 PM »

Laughably ignorant, but it is a Wulfric post.

This is why I wish there was an acceptable third party option, like Webb or Bloomberg. Hillary cannot last five seconds without revealing how much she loves wall street, and TRUMP is Hitler 2.0 .

Honestly, if Austin Petersen (L) wasn't atheist, I would be considering supporting him. (Johnson is an absolute nut with his 43% across the board spending cut and a bunch of other things, #NEVERJOHNSON)

Wait, what? Are you not voting for someone because of his religion?
Quit feigning shock. Plenty of people do this and it's perfectly valid.

...perfectly valid if you're a bigot

Oh, honestly. I know this is hard to understand on a site that is 70% atheist, agnostic, and "Christian but I don't honestly care that much" sort of people, but I honestly cannot support someone who so fundamentally disagrees with the religious values I have.

I'm happy to make concessions with this, for instance I will probably vote for Clinton who is a methodist even though my beliefs probably come closest to presbyterianism. I would vote for a Catholic president. I could be persuaded to vote for a Jewish president - at least some of the values and commandments that come with following god can still be there. But an atheist/agnostic (or muslim, buddhist, hindu) is so against what I believe in - taking away even the most basic principles and values of following and believing in god, that I hold dear and that this nation was founded upon, that I do not believe I could commit such an action "in faith" and would therefore be sinning as I cast my vote.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:15:53 AM »

I understand that.  I'm not exactly opposed to fewer people voting, especially when a lot of those folks who are unable to put in the time/energy to get an ID happen to be Democrats.  Plenty of liberals on here (and AAD) cheer when they know changing demographics (and immigration from other countries) mean more liberal voters, so I support laws that help conservatives at the polls.  Personally, I think re-instating some kind of poll tax would be just fine by me.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 09:07:49 PM »

Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 01:12:11 AM »

Naso's on a roll.

What I am trying to figure out is how far does "Not judging and giving people their expression rights" go?

We are at a point right now where liberals say we are terrible people unless we agree that men who say they identify as women should be allowed to use the bathroom of their choice.

Are we on track to say, "If that person wants to have sex with children, we shouldn't judge..." ?? I mean, where is the line in the sand drawn? That's what I'm asking.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »

a borderline genocidal policy, so it's no surprise that dead0man loves it
Ah, the genocide accusation. Typically German. Populations generally do not increase during genocides, especially not at Gaza's rate... the fact that many Germans desperately want to think that "the Jews are just as bad as we were" in order to lessen their feelings of guilt over the Shoah (also evidenced by the insane number of Germans that visit Israel on anti-Israeli tours) doesn't actually make it true.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 10:49:36 PM »

Bernie "white resentment" Sanders whipping up more white kids into violence and rioting while scamming them out of their money. I'm not sure whether to compare him to a televangelist or a fascist.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 09:19:24 PM »

He's allowed his opinion. I don't agree. I know I've gushed over women others found unattractive.
That doesn't make him wrong, that makes you desperate. Wink
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 03:23:19 PM »

1 - state that the democrat position on abortion is a historical aberration and that as the party of the small people - the weak and the helpless that she supports the Texas bill for restriction on all abortions after 20 weeks as a 'reasonable compromise'.

2 - state that Oberfell was wrongly decided and that the Democrat party should return to it's roots of representing America in general, not the special interests of a small band of urbanites.

3 - state that she'd appoint supreme court justices with the motivation to overturn both Oberfell and roe.

Running to the right of Trump would win her the election easily.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Given that a Democrat can win America with just 20 counties, yes, they are the party of urbanites.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 12:52:59 PM »

Perhaps Atlas needs trigger warnings.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2016, 08:00:59 PM »

Where is the "This is a publicity stunt and not racist" option? The (fringe) candidate who made this made the sign specifically because he knew it would get attention. If you actually listen to his interviews, he's actually rather articulate, and it is clear that he means "white" in cultural, rather than racial, terms.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2016, 09:56:45 AM »

Reading that whole thread is just stomach-churning.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2016, 11:32:11 AM »

We have a justice system.  It works, and it is colorblind.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 09:55:29 PM »

Thank God, for the democrats that stand up as against the libertarian orthodoxy. Pot does not need to be legalized, nor should it, this is essentially so some college kids can do whatever the f*k they want, and be stoners.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2016, 12:21:49 AM »

There is no logical argument in today's society why this shouldn't be amended to include sexual orientation and gender identity

Sure there is. Gender identity isn't a thing, and sex is already protected.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 08:08:42 PM »

Cool, so that means MK goes bye-bye, yeah?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »

Frankly the DNC did the right thing all along, they just should have done a better job of containing Sanders. We as the hated establishment are the adults in the party, and we're in charge. We must tune out the base for the same reason that football coaches don't listen to what the fans in the stadium think.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 04:14:29 PM »

Not sure why that belongs here, considering the war that Jackson so adamantly supported resulted in countless rapes and deaths overseas, but whatever.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2016, 07:08:53 PM »

A now they have two illegals speaking, get the border patrol.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 02:55:50 PM »

Thirty years from now, what do yo think the Democratic Party will look like? Frankly based on the demographics right now and the racial alignment we're seeing before our very eyes, I get the feeling that the only white males left in the Democratic Party when I'm 51 years old will be gay or some other sort of minority.

I get the feeling that the RNC will continue to look like a Klan rally every election, but the DNC will more closely resemble a Black Lives Matter protest. If politics continues down the path of complete racialization, the next few decades scare me.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2016, 11:47:25 PM »

It's not our fault you want Buck Angel in the ladies room.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2016, 02:19:12 AM »

It's not my fault you think women are too fragile to handle themselves.

...What?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 07:46:04 PM »

If that's all you have to say, you haven't said anything useful.
How about instead of saying someone is ignorant explain what it is you think they don't know?  And try, instead of saying someone is "anti-modern-medicine," make a medical argument - and please no appeals to authority or the uncritical worship of technology.

That's literally not how science works.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 05:33:58 AM »
« Edited: August 07, 2016, 05:35:47 AM by a.scott »

If that's all you have to say, you haven't said anything useful.
How about instead of saying someone is ignorant explain what it is you think they don't know?  And try, instead of saying someone is "anti-modern-medicine," make a medical argument - and please no appeals to authority or the uncritical worship of technology.

That's literally not how science works.

"Such-and-such organization of scientists supports this position therefore another position is automatically unscientific" is a common argument, but not a good one, at least not in itself.

Put into those terms, it's not a good argument, but science almost always relies on expert opinion and consensus, especially when those having the conversation are not scientists themselves.

I think Madeline, as usual, sums up this "issue" well.  This is not something most people should concern themselves with at all, really, unless they are or have close ties with a trans person or are otherwise certified to work with people who have gender dysphoria.  Unfortunately, it's hard enough getting people to accept this protocol because everything in science must have a hidden PC "agenda" behind it.

But as far as bathrooms are concerned - think of it this way: if someone wants to rape a person, a gender sign is no more a deterrent than a "gun free zone" sign is.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 05:16:05 AM »

Here's some bizarro #analysis:

primaries. I knew that it would exacerbate racial polarization. When you have Democrats nominating a black man when Democrats are already getting 90% of the black vote, and then have him be the face of the party for 8 years, it's playing with fire. This is not an attack on Obama. It's not his fault he's black, obviously. It's just a commentary on political dynamics. During the Obama years you had increasing racial polarization by party, and now it's opened up the door for someone like Trump, who has the backing and uses memes from racist groups that were once considered fringe. Prior to Obama, the GOP was diversifying... you had them start to run candidates like Michael Steele in 2006, who was a relatively high-profile candidate; and from the statistics, the share of black delegates to the GOP convention peaked in 2004.

My ideal would have been for the first minority president, particularly a black, to be a Republican. With a black as the face of conservatism for four to eight years, the racists would have been banished from the GOP, and race would have been removed as a polarizing factor in American politics, as much as it could have been. In a way, conservatism represents the American's Americanism, the heartland ideology, and if that could have been represented by someone black, it would have been even more transformational than just having a black president.

Basically what has happened is what I feared. And this goes for Clinton to, to a lesser extent. We've now had two nominees in a row in the Democrats, where the winner of the white vote in the primaries didn't get the nomination. The black bloc vote is a problem because, when you have 20% of the primary electorate going 90% for one candidate, any other candidate needs to win by landslide proportions just to stay competitive. So blacks have just enough pull to decide Democratic primaries, but the actual swing group in the Democratic party, whites, have less pull. The result is the Alabamization of America, or at least forces pushing in that direction.

That's why I'm going to strongly support the Sanders' calls post-primary for open primaries, rather than closed, in the future. That goes for all levels of government. We need more whites and other non party dedicates deciding our primaries. Those loosely attached to the party having more sway would be better in General Elections.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 03:09:49 AM »

jesus christ

Actually, what you call a trait is a lifestyle choice. One which counters the national order of who you were made to be as a male. The science that says being gay is natural in some is highly questionable at best.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies