The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:59:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203914 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 11, 2015, 06:35:29 AM »

yeah, I'd like to retract that.  I was mistaken on both counts.  Infant mortality is a good measure of care (though obviously not the only one) and it happens to the poor and uneducated, not the sh**tty.  Especially world wide.

sh**tty mothers in the west still suck and are more likely to end up with a dead or funked up baby, but they are likely sh**tty, at least in part, because of poverty and a lack of education.  (though WIC and such do a decent job of shoving the most common causes of it down poor mother's throats, so really a lack of education isn't that great of excuse in the US at least, especially if the baby died because of one of those common causes)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 06:49:05 PM »

Is that more or less ignorant than "Somalia is a libertarian paradise"?  It's certainly more angry.  I'm leaning towards more ignorant just because of the layers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 09:55:18 AM »

Canada requires one to have desired skills, money or refugee status before you get to live there.  Most of the people saying they'd move only have one of three, and that's controlled by their parents.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:58:32 AM »

Hey, I was referring to the very historic moment of his defeat. Is it my fault he used his children as campaign props?

How do you know that he used his children as campaign props?
Because he's a politician with children.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »

Obviously he shouldn't have used that word, but come on people, one can be a corporate whore and not be a woman you sexist a-holes.  In fact, I'd be dollars to donuts most corporate whores are in fact men.  But good job acting offended.  We almost bought it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 07:49:03 AM »

I'm not offended; it's just an aggressively doltish post--in its wording, its presuppositions, its apparent belief that having a moral problem with prostitution is more offensive and more to be disclaimed than calling a woman a whore...
but a "corporate whore" has nothing at all do with sex or the gender of the person being called one.  But yeah, he shouldn't have used that word because it's too easy for people to focus on "oh you called a woman a whore!" and ignore the fact that Hillary is bought and paid for.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 07:45:55 AM »

Hey a third example!  And as a bonus, white people!  A few of us even lived through a little of it when were tiny.

Note:don't use the OKC bombing as your forth, you'll look sillier than you already do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies