The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:25:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203752 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 30, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »

I guess that fits in here? Especially that first sentence...

The Pro-Life position is a very libertarian thing. How can you say denying abortion is an anti-libertarian belief? Life is the greatest right we all have and the taking of the life of the "most innocent" among us is a great injustice. Theocratic revanchist I am not. The non-aggression axiom most definitely applies.

While you may think it wrong to believe that life begins at conception, for those who hold that belief, libertarianism would logically lead to being against abortion at any stage of development.  While I don't have that particular belief, I don't think it is absurd, so I can't see where that post belongs here.

Still, it is widely known that pro-life positions are not particularly what one would consider as "libertarian", rather have libertarians been associated with the complete opposite of pro-life positions. 
As such, yes, I find it absurd that one would make that claim.

Almost anything can be framed in a freedom/anti-freedom light depending on the angle.  I'm sure a pro-life libertarian would say "how dare the government step in and let a fetus's parents deny it life and liberty!"
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »

Not to mention that Rape is much worse than being falsely accused of rape.

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

Our resident psychopath strikes again, I see.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 03:16:26 PM »

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline... and before that it was Cory's thoughts on AIDS.  

Someone has to set the bar, I suppose.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 03:28:37 PM »

Jesus Christ, just ban this guy already.

No no no.  There are good reasons we need people like Cory to be speaking. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 03:36:43 PM »

Yeah, people have a right to hold terrible opinions. We call it freedom of speech.

No no no.  There are good reasons we need people like Cory to be speaking. 
It makes me look good, for example Tongue.

Cory makes Ann Coulter look like Ghandi.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »

The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline... and before that it was Cory's thoughts on AIDS.  

Sound like you're throwing a bro under the prude brood bus there HockeyDude. Sad

C'mon dude, you gotta give me more credit than thinking I'm a Cory fan.  That said, I don't think he should be banned.  Like I pointed out... the low bar needs to be set, too.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »

Sound like you're throwing a bro under the prude brood bus there HockeyDude. Sad

C'mon dude, you gotta give me more credit than thinking I'm a Cory fan.  That said, I don't think he should be banned.  Like I pointed out... the low bar needs to be set, too.

Well, the moral lines of the anti-pruders are so far away from mine that it's hard to tell. If supporting pedophilia is super cool and sexual harassment is just dandy, why wouldn't Cory be one of the dudes? Perhaps it is the spectre of political correctness gone mad - the Feminazis are taking over everything these days. RIP masculinity.

Being a fan of opebo =\= supporting pedophilia.  opebo is not a pedophile.  Nice try.

And must we go over our differing opinions of what constitutes sexual harassment again? 

No, Cory is not "one of the dudes".
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 01:45:41 PM »

I think MormDem needs to calm down. I recommend a cup of tea.

To be fair, I think every one us would be a bit salty if our religion was joked every other post.
^^
Mormons take a lot of heat around here.

If his convictions are strong that shouldn't matter.  Wanna believe stuff that wildly contradicts the experience of reality?  Might take some heat.  No one has the right to not be offended.  I think it should be extended to all religion, obviously, the 3 major monotheisms all have their fair share of batsh*t nonsense, but it's no wonder that Mormonism gets a heavy dose of it, as Nagas just explained.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 03:09:21 PM »

I think MormDem needs to calm down. I recommend a cup of tea.

To be fair, I think every one us would be a bit salty if our religion was joked every other post.
^^
Mormons take a lot of heat around here.

If his convictions are strong that shouldn't matter.  Wanna believe stuff that wildly contradicts the experience of reality?  Might take some heat.  No one has the right to not be offended.  I think it should be extended to all religion, obviously, the 3 major monotheisms all have their fair share of batsh*t nonsense, but it's no wonder that Mormonism gets a heavy dose of it, as Nagas just explained.  

There's a difference between taking issue with and mocking some of the weirder stuff and slander/libel of the sort as just displayed.

And just because one has convictions doesn't mean they have to deal with crap like this. BS line crossing can and should be called out. I highly doubt you're be so keen on that same standard when dealing with anti-atheism yourself wherever the hell you have to deal with it.

Of course I have a difference standard.  Atheism is not a religion.  But no... no one should slander anybody. 

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 03:00:54 PM »

Oh King...

Both are committing the heinous crimes of winter sport playoffs that last until the summer, 7 game series that really should only be 3 games, and teams with losing records consistently getting wild card spots.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies