The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:42:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203872 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 08, 2015, 04:58:58 AM »

To paraphrase something I said to dead0man once, even if South Park is left wing 49% of the time and right wing 51% of the time, that still makes it a net right wing show...and thus absolute garbage. I prefer my entertainment to be all liberal, all the time.

Emphasis on the truly ridiculous part.

This is truly sad.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 08:06:16 AM »

The rich have always governed human society, since the first cavemen organized themselves. Pretty much, there will always be rich people. They will always have proximity to the levers of power, as opposed to the middle class and working class. That's how human nature was set up; if you have a beef with it, take it up with evolution and how our psychology works. We're not a species conditioned for economic egalitarianism in governing our society.

What's missing from this analysis is a number of things. Wealth is being increasingly made, not from inheritances, but from reaping the rewards of investment in the new fields - technology, green energy, and the like. I should point out that the innovators in these areas are the sorts of rich people we should be encouraging, rather than plundering their manors and burning them at the stake. About only a fifth of wealthy families succeed in staying rich past 3-4 generations, anyway. The Rockefellers and the Carnegies are vastly more rare than you think. Arguably, the rich people we're seeing today are more the Gateses, the Jobs, and the like. They're not old money, they're new money taking advantage of the new economy.

The standard of living - well, everyone on this board is probably among the top 10% in living standards in this world, if not 5%. Really, that's one way to measure wealth, and the United States and Europe have it in spades. Perhaps members of this board should start looking to avoid the pitchforks themselves, rather than dreaming about administering the pitchforks to the bodies of others. I imagine the people of Africa, Asia, and other nations have the same violent fantasies against you people as some of you do about the United States' 1%.

This is not to dismiss income inequality as a problem although I might have more tolerance for it than some of you. This is to dismiss the idea that violent economic revolution solves anything, and that most of the Americans and Europeans on this board are anything but well off relative to the vast majority of the globe.

The notion of everyone being materially equal and the idea of us violently killing and restricting the rich to feed the poor usually ends in miserable disaster and failure for all involved. You can try it again; but the economic literature of such an attempt has usually shown that the "populists" become even worse than the formerly powerful "economic royalists," when handed political power.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 02:35:21 PM »

I think you meant to put that in the good post gallery.

So you're a social darwinist too?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 04:30:56 PM »

P.S. Guys, let's not forget that most men and women are still "straight". And that these people have rights too. And they must be respected and preserved no less then  rights of LGBT people.. Some liberals seem to forget about that...

This is disgusting.

smoltchanov is one of the worst posters on the forum. He isn't covered much because his content is limited to a couple of boards, of which people like NYE or OC dominate.

Yes, smolchanov's awfulness is amazingly underrated.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 03:23:16 PM »

Wow. Just wow.

I think there's a nice blank piece of paper element of having a boring white guy host. He can go in any direction and then use the correspondents to fine tune the routine.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 03:20:33 PM »

If we're going to maintain any pretense of discussing important matters of public interest, we should at least possess some academic and linguistic integrity. The lack of formality in discourse on this forum is absolutely sickening. Even Bushie has the capacity to use full sentences.

I agree with Cathcon on something! Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 01:49:22 PM »

The idea of "natural rights" is stupid, Snowstalker is correct on that count.

Sure, but the context of the thread makes all his philosophical tirade completely unwarranted and pointless.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 05:54:09 AM »

White middle-class guy thinks the cops only arrest people who are mean to them. Sounds like the title for an Onion article.

No.  Never even had handcuffs put on me in anger.  Despite looking like a bum, I treat cops like I treat all humans (with respect) and thus never get hassled by them (and I've had more than my share of interaction with them).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 07:21:44 PM »

lolcassius
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 12:26:27 PM »

"baron wastelands" Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 05:20:31 PM »

It wasn't supposed to be taken entirely seriously...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 12:39:35 PM »

The Labour Party was founded to represent the interests of the Labour movement and working people. This is also why it's called the "Labour Party", and not "The Progressive Party" or "The Social Liberal Party".

This is also why it has been a longstanding tradition in the party that social issues are matters of conscience, which is why there have always been a wide variety of views on these issues. This also helps explain why support and opposition to Abortion and Homosexual Law Reform has always been bipartisan.
People who do not understand this are misinformed, insane and are not worth listening to (there are many).

In more civilized countries like Canada - we see that the interests of working people are the same as the interests of women, visible minorities and gays and lesbians - all for one and one for all - and retrograde social conservatives have all been expelled from the NDP (Labour) and from the Liberal party - too. Get with the program and throw those religious freaks who try to pass as leftists to the curb - they do not belong in a party of the left!!!

I don't understand this man.

Wouldn't be the first thing you don't understand.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 02:29:18 PM »

Lol, Snowguy has really gone off the deep end lately.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 12:45:07 PM »

I'm pretty sure (or at least I want to believe) Oakvale was joking.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 02:09:27 PM »

Snowguy, I think that you should stay out of the forum during the days of your recovery. You can't deny that your situation and the medication you're on are taking a toll on your ability to express your thoughts in an articulate manner. Even though we generally don't get along pretty well, and, in other circumstance, I would gladly have taken part in the mocking, it's obviously unfair to hold that against you. However, you know how this forum works, and if you keep posting this sort of stuff, you're set to become the forum's laughingstock for a while.

Take a break. That's my honest advice.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2015, 03:53:20 PM »

" after upsetting Ron Paul's Libertarian ticket in the 1988 election."

Dude, it was a joke.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2015, 02:04:57 PM »

Reagan beat LBJ. Don't anyone dare claim this is a left-wing forum again.

Every President's actions must be judged in context. Yes, LBJ escalated Vietnam and that proved to be a terrible decision in hindsight, but what people forget is that any other politician at the time would have done pretty much the same. I don't see why LBJ should bear a particular blame for having been around at the time when this happened.

Because diehard pacifist Reagan would never have got us into this mess, amirite? Roll Eyes

LOL
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2015, 12:38:22 PM »

My bad, whatever. I'm not an expert on the subject, and I don't have strong opinions about it. The issue of GMOs is much more intensely debated here in Europe, and I've heard several scientists state their uncertainty about them, but I have no idea how representative they are.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2015, 01:01:33 PM by Αλληλεγγύη »

People don't owe "loyalty" to whatever ethnic group they might belong to, whether it be Jews, Blacks, White, or anyone else. This is an disgustingly reactionary and un-democratic idea that must be destroyed with fire. I can't believe I even have to say this.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 01:34:11 PM »

People don't owe loyalty to whatever ethnic group they might belong to. This is an disgustingly reactionary and un-democratic idea that must be destroyed with fire. I can't believe I even have to say this.
Well, in some sense, Judaism obviously is extremely reactionary. We've been around for quite some time, you see. And you're not the first one to think it should be killed with fire, nor will you be the last one.

See, I'll try to stop this "discussion" for now because I truly like most posters here, even though I haven't been around on Atlas for so long, and basically I'm not here for discussing Judaism/Israel anyway, since I'm much more interested in learning about politics in areas I don't know so much about. But if people ask me for my opinions, I won't be silent.

And if your opinions are trash, we'll call them trash.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2015, 03:08:59 PM »

LOL, you're unironically defending Fox News?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 01:47:53 AM »

What the actual Christ?!?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »

Anyone who kills 100,000s of people by giving the clearance to drop two atomic bombs over hugely populated cities is not a liberal by my standards. That far, far worse than anything Hitler did by definition. The easier solution would have been to simply kill the Japanese emperor, yet that was a way too sophisticated idea for Truman at the time (probably he didn't have the mental capacity to come up with it either).

Hitler > Truman

i don't even
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2016, 07:44:15 AM »

This is beyond terrible and should be ban-worthy.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 05:45:37 PM »

I became a politics nerd at 11, and I thought I was precocious...
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies