The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:18:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203787 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: December 27, 2014, 11:57:37 AM »

I really don't know if this is in jest or not...

So if Lincoln did come back to life, he still could serve a term since his 2nd term ended before the 2 year limit. I think that with America in a new, changing era, Lincoln would come back to save the racist white cowboy Repub. party from Cruz, Huckabee, and Carson.

In terms of a VP, I feel like Clint Eastwood would be a good VP candidate for Mr. Lincoln. His "empty chair" speech rivaled the Gettysburg Address in terms of quality.

Hillary would obviously win the Democratic nomination against Sanders and Warren. Her VP pick is irrelevant, since she already appeals to all Americans.

I think we have to start in the South. Lincoln isn't exactly "popular" in most Southern states, and Clinton was First Lady of a Southern state, so I feel like Lincoln would have trouble winning any Southern state, even his birth state of Kentucky.

In the North, while Lincoln is loved, Clinton is more popular due to her term as Secretary of State, and her husband Bill. In Lincoln's home state of Illinois, Cook County will make all the difference, securing Clinton victory.

In the West, Lincoln would get some support from "Christians" (Mormons) in Idaho and Utah, as they tend heavy Republican. However,  Non-Mormons, women, Native Americans would keep it close in Idaho. In Wyoming, the "cowboys" would sympathize with Lincoln's reputation as a "wrestler", and perhaps Lincoln would make a campaign visit to "get down and dirty" with Wyoming natives like "Big Ted, "Buff Bill", and "Cowboy Cody".

This map seems correct.

P.S. I feel like Lincoln would have trouble connecting to the black community. While Lincoln played a large role in ending slavery, Hillary's husband Bill played the saxophone. I'm not sure the Emancipation Proclamation can bridge the racial gap.

P.P.S. Colorado is a major swing state. Lincoln MIGHT pull it out, but Hillary will probably get out the vote amongst women and Latinos to clinch victory.

It has to be a joke. A pretty funny one, I might add.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »

No, that attitude did not kill people. The fact that the gay community was driven underground contributed to the perfect storm that killed so many people.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »

This might sound crazy, but LeBron James just turned 30 this year... any chance we Democrats could talk him into retiring and running against Portman. Would he (LeBron) even be electable statewide?

Jesus Christ.
Seeing how the OH Dems performed in 2014, I wouldn't be surprised if they did nominate such a candidate....
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2015, 03:30:35 PM »

Cory's post wasn't particularly bad. Sure, we shouldn't have been in Vietnam in the first place, but just because one opposes the war doesn't mean one should attack the strategies employed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 08:48:53 AM »

I think you meant to put that in the good post gallery.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 01:44:44 PM »

Hoffa, to my limited knowledge, as a Teamster supported Republicans. I'll vote for the Michigan Republican & Neo-Liberal Italian over an ex-Democrat Southron and a woman.

http://spartacus-educational.com/USAhoffa.htm

I was more emphasizing how terrible "I'll vote for the Michigan Republican & Neo-Liberal Italian over an ex-Democrat Southron and a woman." is.
You clearly don't get Cathcon's sense of humor yet.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 06:22:33 PM »

It is just pathetic that 56.5% of the site would choose a far-right lunatic for a political office over a conservadem because of "muh pandering" and "muh Oil".

... Palin isn't far-right. Americans know jack about the 'far-right'.
Conservative on more than 55% of issues=far right
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 07:11:54 PM »

It is just pathetic that 56.5% of the site would choose a far-right lunatic for a political office over a conservadem because of "muh pandering" and "muh Oil".

... Palin isn't far-right. Americans know jack about the 'far-right'.
Conservative on more than 55% of issues=far right
I was parodying a Wulfric quote on the irc
Ah. Consider that un-deluged.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 12:30:14 PM »

Glad to know that New Orleans isn't as far from Tally as I thought it was; I might be making a trip next year Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »

A few changes.  I've removed a couple sitting Senators.  Though I've replaced one with another sitting senator, Dianne Feinstein, she's almost certain to retire from the senate in 2018 anyway. I've increased the number of women to 3, which is only one or two less than the likely actual number.  As I've said already I'm well aware only around half of the cabinet usually goes to elected politicians.

1.Treasury, Tom Carper, Delaware Senator and former Governor
2.Commerce, John Lynch, former New Hampshire Governor, former State Party Chair and Businessman
3.Labor, Deval Patrick, former Massachusetts Governor, former Assistant U.S A.G for civil rights
4.Interior, Mark Udall, former Colorado Senator, former Executive Director State Outward Bound
5.Agriculture, Brad Henry, former Oklahoma Governor
6.Energy, Angus King, Maine Senator, former Governor, fmr Pres. Northeastern Energy Management
7.Transportation, Martin O'Malley, former Maryland Governor
8.Housing and Urban Development, Julian Castro, present HUD Secretary
9.Education, Christine Gregoire, Former Washington Governor
10.Health and Human Services, Michelle Nunn, 2014 U.S Senate Candidate, 1,000 Points of Light
11.Veteran's Affairs, Claudia Kennedy, Retired Army General,
12.Defense, Wesley Clark, Retired Army General, 2004 Presidential Candidate
13.State, Joe Biden, U.S Vice President
14.Homeland Security, Dianne Feinstein, California Senator, Homeland Subcommittee Member
15.Attorney General, Ed Rendell, former Pennsylvania Governor, former Philadelphia District Attorney

Edited:
A few more changes.  I just realized I didn't have a single visible minority member of the cabinet.  Also removed the remaining vulnerable sitting senators.

A couple more visible minority members and a Republican or two and Hillary is all set!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »

One of the newbies (who seems to be racking up a lot of posts very quickly) said that my inability to see something wrong with lame duck appointments (which wasn't even actually my argument) says everything people need to know about my "ethics." Apparently, that's the great moral question in Canada!
He is the guy who thinks America is some type of Parliamentary system where the entire Senate is appointed to the cabinet.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 11:15:52 AM »

The Mormon mission ritual is the only positive aspect of the faith. It forces many Mormon men to become somewhat cultured/cosmopolitan/bilingual.

I don't even know where the the hell to begin with this one.

First it assumes a lack of culture, which considering only atheists and Jews have us beat when it comes to knowledge other religious cultures.

Secondly, it ignores a helluva lot other aspects,...ya' know like the fact that we banded together and did more for Katrina than the Government itself did. Or that we're excellent at charitable things in general. Such as the storehouses we tend to have.

And to doubt the motives of this one, is whiny cynicism at best...bigotry at worst.

It's incredible that posts like this one even EXIST.

For a guy who constantly complains about bigotry, that was rather bigoted on the part of DeadFlag.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 06:17:21 PM »

Apparently Netanyahu wants to finish the job Hitler started.

This wouldn't surprise me at all, especially with the news that Bibi may have leaked secrets on the Iran nuclear deal with the Israeli press.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/report-netanyahu-leak-details-nuclear-talks-iran

Shootings at synagogues, swastikas on graves, it seems as though Netanyahu and his goons are going into overdrive trying to fan the flames of antisemitism as much as possible and scare gullible Jews into moving to Israel.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2015, 03:10:06 PM »

Not to mention that Rape is much worse than being falsely accused of rape.

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

Our resident psychopath strikes again, I see.
The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2015, 03:35:01 PM »

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

Jesus Christ, just ban this guy already.
Yeah, people have a right to hold terrible opinions. We call it freedom of speech.

No no no.  There are good reasons we need people like Cory to be speaking. 
It makes me look good, for example Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2015, 03:46:55 PM »

Yeah, people have a right to hold terrible opinions. We call it freedom of speech.

This is a private forum. Cory is a cancer. He needs to be eliminated.
I understand it is a private forum, but that is a decision for Leip and Leip alone to decide on. And judging by what I know of Mr. Leip, I don't see him banning Cory over this. It took years for Opebo to be banned, keep in mind.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2015, 02:42:38 PM »

Ah. Well, the OP wasn't asking about the Senate in that thread. FreeBird make a lot of absurd posts but that was among the least deluged of them.
Talk about nitpicking on Hilfly's part Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »

Yay! I can demand the immediate guillotining of someone and not have 95% of the forum yell at me over it!
A good chunk of the forum hates Stewart, so be careful.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2015, 01:31:31 PM »

I think MormDem needs to calm down. I recommend a cup of tea.

To be fair, I think every one us would be a bit salty if our religion was joked every other post.
^^
Mormons take a lot of heat around here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 04:38:15 PM »

this isn't funny. does anybody know tender's real name?
Nothing is funny, because you are frigid and miserable. I found some dark humor in this, because it is obviously a joke. And Tender should be banned for six months just like Mechaman was for creating a sock.

"suicide is so funny guys lol amirite"
Dude, I suffer from depression and have considered and attempted suicide. If I didn't have humor in my life, I would of jumped into traffic like I tried to in December 2012. So get over yourself, get some sense of life, and quit being so miserable. Otherwise you will live a sad, bitter, and lonely life and you will have only yourself to blame for it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:55 PM »

Fascism may not be a left-wing ideology, but it certainly is a collectivist one.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »

According to Politico, Lindsey's main objective in a potential run would be to stop Paul. He says he'll decide on whether or not to run by late May.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/lindsey-graham-rand-paul-2016-116837.html?ml=po_r

This man is an embarrassment to the whole South.
As opposed to Rand Paul, who is an embarrassment to the entire nation?
Yeah, more embarrassing than a guy who voted to invade Iraq based on false information Roll Eyes
Seeing as how Ron Paul voted to authorize the invasion Iraq, I seriously doubt Rand Paul would have done any differently under the same circumstances. Nice try though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »

It is an election year after all.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 02:43:56 PM »

Can everyone please call Cory the resident white nationalist instead of attacking me over my own past now Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 05:53:18 PM »

Phwezer continues to be terrible. That post to me was more offensive than the actual word "retard."
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies