The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203768 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: December 30, 2014, 01:22:35 PM »

I guess that fits in here? Especially that first sentence...

The Pro-Life position is a very libertarian thing. How can you say denying abortion is an anti-libertarian belief? Life is the greatest right we all have and the taking of the life of the "most innocent" among us is a great injustice. Theocratic revanchist I am not. The non-aggression axiom most definitely applies.

While you may think it wrong to believe that life begins at conception, for those who hold that belief, libertarianism would logically lead to being against abortion at any stage of development.  While I don't have that particular belief, I don't think it is absurd, so I can't see where that post belongs here.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 11:49:12 AM »

I think no, the main reason being that if Jesus was married, why would they want to hide this?

Additionally, if Jesus' real message differed so greatly from the message we know today, why would the powers that be even use Jesus as a reference point. He's not very well documented, despite what someone else in this thread bizarrely asserted. If Jesus were married, why would an anti-sex movement make him their symbol? Why would they see a passing, second-hand, after-the-fact references to a married guy and say "hey, let's retroactively make him the founder of our weird anti-sex cult" rather than just invent a fake person, who would be only slightly less documented?

The bold parts are what make it absurd, there's ways he could've worded it that would've made some sense but describing Christianity as a "weird anti-sex cult" is really dumb reddit-esque nonsense.

While not a part of conventional Christianity, the Gnostic faction of early Christianity certainly was a weird anti-sex cult and even conventional Christianity has tended to revere perpetual celibacy.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:49:41 PM »

New Orleans is 3 hours from Pensacola?
Yes. but Atlanta is about 5 hours and Miami is 10 hours from Pensacola.  It would make much more sense if the Florida panhandle were part of Alabama.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »

Where would one hit a child if not on the face? How strange.

Usually on the bottom.  Anywhere else should be left between consenting adults and not for punishment purposes.  The only other time it is acceptable to hit a child somewhere other than his or her bottom is forcefully knocking them or jerking them out of the way of an oncoming car.  If the child is about to get run over, you don't worry where on the body you touch them.  You usually jerk them on the arm or knock them out of the way with force.  It's better for the child to scratch up their knee doing that than to get run over.

The first sentence was okay, albeit mundane.  The second was odd, tho not deluge-worthy.  The rest ...
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 07:54:11 AM »

Multiple attempts at failed snark her, tho the last is particularly absurd:
Manning deserves the death penalty, but in principle it's important for people who are sitting in prison to have access to the health-care they need (and, yes, sex reassignment surgery is included), so I suppose this is good news on balance? Sort of conflicted.

No it isn't.

1. we're talking about hrt, not srs.
2. i'd really like to see your reasoning for this claim.

If you're going to use initialisms, I think we'd all prefer that you at least capitalize them. Otherwise, it looks like you're trying to say "hurt" and "serious", which of course makes no sense.

i think it's pretty obvious in context Tongue

You're also supposed to capitalize letters at the beginning of a sentence, and end said sentence with a period. I'm not sure how a colon followed by a lower-case "p" is supposed to do the same job here.

this is an internet forum, not a fcking résumé.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:53:13 PM »

Our resident psychopath strikes again, I see.
The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline.

My girlfriend doesn't care for Madeline either.  She actually bothers to hide the book to avoid having to read it to her little girl.  (Yes, I get that you almost certainly meant a different Madeline than the fictional character from children's stories.)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:53:34 AM »

Even I thought that was absurd.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »

What a gross misinterpretation of the poll results. "support them even if our interests diverge" in no way means "more loyal".
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »

How is that absurd, ignorant, or bad.  Or did you mean to post this to the Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2015, 07:05:58 AM »

I am moderately embarrassed by the fact that Simfan exists.

I am moderately embarrassed by the fact that moderate embarrassment exists.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 01:20:49 PM »

It's only a question of how long it takes for Jeb Bush to decide that he will not win this election. He did badly in a New England state (IA), a new England state (NH), a Southern state (SC) and a far-western state (NV). He has no regional strengths that he can exploit.
This was after Bush had dropped out the night before and before Republicans had voted in Nevada.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 01:32:50 PM »

It's only a question of how long it takes for Jeb Bush to decide that he will not win this election. He did badly in a New England state (IA), a new England state (NH), a Southern state (SC) and a far-western state (NV). He has no regional strengths that he can exploit.
This was after Bush had dropped out the night before and before Republicans had voted in Nevada.

wat

Good grief, how did I miss that third bit of absurdity?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 05:16:11 PM »

How would Obama not endorse his own sitting Vice President?

How could Reagan not endorse his sitting Vice President in 1988?

Alzheimer's
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2016, 12:57:37 PM »

Bandit's response to Obama's executive order concerning transgendered people and school bathrooms is both predictable and absurd.

I support this order.

I hope he also issues an executive order abolishing mandatory uniforms in public schools.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »

Black Lives Matter is partly to blame. They triggered the shooting. They should be ashamed of themselves. Most of these protesters are on welfare, food stamps.
Like...wut?  The last part speaks volumes about poster Bronze4141, yet I can't help but be reminded of those questions they used to ask on standardized tests

"One of these is different from the others:  a) dog b) cat c) hamster d) the homeless man peeing in the elevator at the L stop"
The answer is (B) because cats carefully select where they piss, which may not be where you want them to.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 11:39:47 PM »

Why don't you post my 2014 posts where I was right and you weren't?

seriously doesnt have any posts from 2014

Sock confirmed?

More likely he thinks he has 2014 good posts, which is odd since even when he posted that he was over 2600, so I guess he thinks about 1 in 4 of hisown posts are crap.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 03:46:22 PM »

It's a shame that the Hillary supporters need their own politically correct thread about how a poll result is phrased ...

Tender lashing out because either he won't admit he is wrong or he can't tell the difference between a tie and +/- 1. Wanting accurate titles in the polls section is not "being politically correct."

Unless that poll had a MoE of under 1%, then at most adding the qualifier "statistical" to the word "tie" is needed.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 08:00:37 AM »

https://youtu.be/fJ9rUzIMcZQ?t=1m46s
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 04:11:22 AM »

Let's dispel with this fiction that "fact checkers" aren't just partisan tools to promote an agenda.

Facts can be moved around with technicalities to fit any narrative, so fact checkers are silly and not worth a whole lot.

You may as well just post the entire posting history of that cretin in this thread. Dude has the IQ of a tree.

Trees are smarter than you think!

They even talk to each other!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies