The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:51:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203764 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: February 19, 2015, 04:02:59 PM »

Not to mention that Rape is much worse than being falsely accused of rape.

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

Our resident psychopath strikes again, I see.
The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline... and before that it was Cory's thoughts on AIDS.  

Someone has to set the bar, I suppose.

Sound like you're throwing a bro under the prude brood bus there HockeyDude. Sad
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:27:08 AM »

This is very, very debatable. An argument could be made that there are actually more long standing ramifications of being falsely accused.

The ramifications of being falsely accused are severe and under-discussed, but Jesus, what a terrible post. Might be the worst post of the year.

It's one of the worst I've seen here.  The last one that matched this level of callousness is... well it was Cory and his opinion of Madeline... and before that it was Cory's thoughts on AIDS.  

Sound like you're throwing a bro under the prude brood bus there HockeyDude. Sad

C'mon dude, you gotta give me more credit than thinking I'm a Cory fan.  That said, I don't think he should be banned.  Like I pointed out... the low bar needs to be set, too.

Well, the moral lines of the anti-pruders are so far away from mine that it's hard to tell. If supporting pedophilia is super cool and sexual harassment is just dandy, why wouldn't Cory be one of the dudes? Perhaps it is the spectre of political correctness gone mad - the Feminazis are taking over everything these days. RIP masculinity.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 08:20:46 PM »

C'mon dude, you gotta give me more credit than thinking I'm a Cory fan.  That said, I don't think he should be banned.  Like I pointed out... the low bar needs to be set, too.

Well, the moral lines of the anti-pruders are so far away from mine that it's hard to tell. If supporting pedophilia is super cool and sexual harassment is just dandy, why wouldn't Cory be one of the dudes? Perhaps it is the spectre of political correctness gone mad - the Feminazis are taking over everything these days. RIP masculinity.

Being a fan of opebo =\= supporting pedophilia.  opebo is not a pedophile.  Nice try.

And must we go over our differing opinions of what constitutes sexual harassment again? 

No, Cory is not "one of the dudes".

Opebo supported pedophilia with great enthusiasm even if he wasn't one himself. So apparently that is super cool.

Anyway, good to know that there are limits for some of you!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 07:54:57 AM »

My top 5 Party Choices:
1. Likud (I voted this way in the poll and my sig should make it obvs)
2. The Jewish Home
3. Kulanu
4. Yisrael Beiteinu
5. Shas

In other words, kill all Palestinians, amirite

You support Communism, you shouldn't talk about killing. Your movement has more blood on it's hands then any other ideology.

Yeah, but the difference is that the people killed by say, the Bolsheviks, weren't people who were systematically denied the right to have electricity in their homes, meaningful work, or adequate food. The Bolsheviks and co. actually killed people who did things that were pretty abhorrent and that would never have been held accountable for them otherwise. Were they always right? Definitely not. But they never set out to systematically eradicate an entire group of people because Russia was "god's gift" to them or whatever bullsh**t you Zionist-fascists go on about.

Killing is not in and of itself immoral. Everything is contextual. Wiping out the white armies that would overturn Russian democracy and enslave the people =/= wiping out Palestinians because they had the gall to live somewhere that a group of chauvinist imperialist-lackeys decided was their land.

Absurd defence of a group that eradicated so many groups based on pseudo-religious ideological hatred and obviously hyperbolic regarding the Zionists.

u mad

I didn't know that all the many millions of people killed by the USSR were rich. Ingermanland and Kazakhstan must have been the Switzerlands of their time!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 09:57:06 AM »

And Sorry Politicus...but reading the first sentence of the Teutons on wikipedia says it all...

A Germanic tribe or Celtic people living in Jutland during Roman times.  Nowadays it means all Germanic language speaking people...which most certainly covers Denmark.

Yes, I know and never said otherwise. Did you not read my post above?

Most Germans and Swedes don't use irony, Danes do it constantly.

That's fair.  It is your deluge too.

Touche.

I'm sorry what? You don't think Swedes use irony? Lol.

Also, if your line is to consistently place irony you think is too obvious here I think that is a bit odd. Especially in the context of several people obviously not getting that Oakvale is ironic. This demonstrates that it is succesful and not bad.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 04:41:31 PM »

Funny how a guy who has trouble getting chicks to stick claims to be so ironic.  I guess your polarity must be off because you repel everyone away.

As for oakvale...I find him more sardonic and fatalistic than anything.

Oakvale's gem line in an Atlas movie where everyone is forced onto an obnoxious rollercoaster...

Everyone else:  ugh my tummy hurts!  Ugh i hate this!  Ugh whine whine whine

Oakvale:  says nothing.  Just smacks the kid next to him to shut him up... "Oh sorry, that was a big bump". And goes back to suffering the ride in silence.

I've no idea what you're talking about. I think parts of it refer to me, but...I don't know what you're saying. No one likes me? I mean, that's either true in which case it'd be a pretty pointless insult in this context. Or it isn't (as I'd be well placed to know Tongue ). But either way you're just being an ass.

Politicus, I'm not sure what that is based on really. From my international experience I'd say Sweden counts as a pretty ironic culture and I doubt you'd find such large difference between any of the Nordic countries really.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 06:28:06 PM »

I can't vote one way or the other on this one.  I always enjoyed rooting AGAINST my high school but at the same time I, therefore, wanted the other school to have cheerleaders so they would win.  It's whatever.  This isn't important.  Slight lean towards FF for it's effect on forced sexual repression. 

I know I'll get prude shouted at me for this, but honestly I view cheerleading as an outcome of the sexual repression in US society. If you had a more healthy attitude towards sex in general (you being American society) I don't think you would come up with the idea of watching underage girls do sexy dancing before high school sports games.

Aside from that cheerleading is hardly exclusive to high school sports it originated as a male activity in college sports in the 19th century.

Aside from what?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 02:22:36 AM »

I can't vote one way or the other on this one.  I always enjoyed rooting AGAINST my high school but at the same time I, therefore, wanted the other school to have cheerleaders so they would win.  It's whatever.  This isn't important.  Slight lean towards FF for it's effect on forced sexual repression. 

I know I'll get prude shouted at me for this, but honestly I view cheerleading as an outcome of the sexual repression in US society. If you had a more healthy attitude towards sex in general (you being American society) I don't think you would come up with the idea of watching underage girls do sexy dancing before high school sports games.

Aside from that cheerleading is hardly exclusive to high school sports it originated as a male activity in college sports in the 19th century.

Aside from what?

Uh, I said it right after that. Aside from that cheerleading is not exclusive to high school sports. It is not, it originated in college sports, cheerleading was a mostly male activity at first, and furthermore, the first female cheerleaders dressed like this:

Oh, I misread that. I'm not sure how any of that is very relevant to my post though.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 07:30:35 AM »

She deletes valuable threads she created once in a while she gets upset.

We lost a whole thread about Portugal due to her antics.

Please, Dave, remove her ability to delete her own thread or her abitily to create them, so it won't happen again.

Maybe she just had her period ... during which stuff like this happens.

(Tongue)

Surprised this one didn't make it here sooner.

Many may have Tender on ignore. I'm too exasperated to care about him anymore.

I also wanna add that the best part of that insane Eric post is the "by definition". By what definition??
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 10:42:59 AM »

This poll and thread should be banned, because Trump is the only one in capital letters. Surely must be against the forum rules, if not it surely contradicts basic human decency of keeping it fair and not mess with fundamental democratic rules.
This guy is mental and should be institutionalized.

White Scandinavian guy, probably highly educated, thinks his quality of life will decrease if Trump becomes president Roll Eyes

If Trump (practically) abolishes NATO and hands us over to the Russian sphere of influence, which I think is a non-negligible probability, then it might well affect my quality of life. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies