The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:26:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203822 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: December 25, 2014, 02:15:55 AM »
« edited: August 12, 2016, 09:28:33 PM by Flo »

Deluge #4
Deluge #3
Deluge #2
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »

This seems fitting for the Executive Order President.

# of Executive Orders by President:

Barry Obama: 193
George W. Bush: 291
Bill Clinton: 364
George H.W. Bush: 166
The late, great Ronald Reagan: 381
Jimmy Carter: 320

It's a reference to the nature of the executive orders and the use of them. Hence the reference. We're not merely counting by the numbers, we're counting what POTUS is trying to do and has stated he's doing - going around Congress to enact his agenda (see: SOTU 2014).

The name still fits.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:32:46 AM »

Of course! I should've suspected...Sol....Soul.....it all makes sense now.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 11:40:07 PM »

No, that attitude did not kill people. The fact that the gay community was driven underground contributed to the perfect storm that killed so many people.
Well, yeah, obviously the historical stigmatization of the gay community hasn't helped either. But I don't think that risky behaviors like unprotected sex or smoking should be tolerated either. It's especially galling to hear such attitudes coming from a member of a community which has been so disproportionately harmed.
I mean, if they're both consenting what's the problem? It's not like he has AIDS and wouldn't mention it because he likes it raw.

Actually that does happen.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 11:42:52 PM »

No, that attitude did not kill people. The fact that the gay community was driven underground contributed to the perfect storm that killed so many people.
Well, yeah, obviously the historical stigmatization of the gay community hasn't helped either. But I don't think that risky behaviors like unprotected sex or smoking should be tolerated either. It's especially galling to hear such attitudes coming from a member of a community which has been so disproportionately harmed.
I mean, if they're both consenting what's the problem? It's not like he has AIDS and wouldn't mention it because he likes it raw.

Actually that does happen.
I'm aware. of that. I'm not sure how it applies to Del Tachi.

Ah, I see.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 06:21:35 PM »

This might sound crazy, but LeBron James just turned 30 this year... any chance we Democrats could talk him into retiring and running against Portman. Would he (LeBron) even be electable statewide?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 12:08:16 AM »
« Edited: January 26, 2015, 12:11:01 AM by IDS Emperor Flo »

Bushie is there a reason you've turned so violently against President Barack Obama in the past few weeks? Do you blame him for your current unemployment situation?

His administration has been an absolute catastrophe for the country.  His policies are by and large devastating and debilitating to the country.  On top of that, he's too arrogant.  It's his way or the highway.  He expects every person in America to think like him and welcome his liberal, progressive, anti-Christian agenda.

bushie, i know you are a student of severe weather, do you believe in global climate change, or is it a liberal conspiracy?

I do not believe in global warming, but I do not believe it is a liberal conspiracy.  I believe the world has natural warming and cooling cycles and that we are just in a typical warming pattern and that we will eventually cool back down.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 06:01:24 PM »

A few of my favorites are:

1. Destroying the best healthcare system in the world and lying about it ("If you like your plan, you can keep it")
2. Requiring federal funding of abortions, both in the US and abroad
3. Stifling the recovery by raising taxes on small business
4. Showing utter contempt for Israel
5. Emboldening America's enemies
6. Supporting rioters and rolling back race relations by 50 years
7. Wasting billions of "stimulus" dollars on unnecessary porkbarrel projects
8. Blaming George Bush for everything that goes wrong
9. Taking credit for Bush's accomplishments (Bailouts, capture/killing of Bin Laden, etc.)

#goldenoldies

Good job Oldies, your contribution to the theatre is duly noted.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 10:32:44 AM »

I found it witty and hilarious
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 12:42:12 PM »

But civil unions aren't even a Moderate Hero position here anymore. Hell they were pushed by far right Republican Mary Franson in 2013.

I am curious what his reading is though I'm sure it's hifly esque semantically nonsense.

LOL, civil unions are such a pathetic cop out. Bush said he supported civil unions in 2004.

Uh, not really...from wiki...
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's more of a "I don't like Civil Unions, but I'm not going to force NY/RI/etc. to keep them outlawed" sort of position rather than full on support.

Wulfric?  I'd really like to discuss this.  I PMed you, and I know you've been browsing/posting, so I'm hoping for a response.

All right.

First off, to clarify, my position is that federally, there should be a law allowing civil unions with most but not all marriage rights (what I personally support; so it isn't a 'marriage in all but name'; not a lawyer so don't really know specifics about which rights I wouldn't include), and then individual states should be allowed to expand that all the way up to full gay marriage if they so choose, but they cannot do less than the federal law does.

Now, let's move on to the reasons I wouldn't vote for a federal law mandating gay marriage.

First, and foremost, there are two ways to view marriage. One is to view it almost exclusively as a simple relationship between two people. It's not immoral to hold that view, but I instead take the second viewpoint which is seeing marriage as a relationship with the main purpose of two people procreating, and raising children to be good members of society. The best environment to do that is a marriage between a man and a woman, and that's the only type of marriage that should be sponsored federally. I'm not saying that it's impossible for gay couples to give birth through unconventional means (surrogate mothers, invitro, etc.), or that we should outlaw gay adoptions, or that it's impossible for gay people to raise children well. However, the easiest and the best environment for children to be raised in is one where they have a mother and a father, and that man-woman marriage is the type that the federal government should be giving full sponsorship to.

At the same time, I realize that gay people can't just wake up one morning and decide that they are straight, and therefore we should give some recognition to the relationship of a gay couple through civil unions, so that they can benefit from things like spousal hospital visitation rights, spousal testimonial rights, adoption tax credits, etc. But because it is not the relationship that is the ideal child-rearing environment, the state does not need to and should not be compelled to give full sponsorship to a gay couple like they should to a man-woman couple.

Secondly, the man-woman relationship is deeply rooted in tradition. Not only does every major religion say that man-woman marriage should be the only marriage, but is deeply inserted into society, including today in states where SSM is still illegal, and states willing to keep it illegal should be allowed to do so and preserve the deeply rooted tradition of man-woman marriage.
Each state should be allowed as much time it wants to take a look at the states that allow full gay marriage before deciding it wants to break with tradition and support it. One day, states like Missississippi may allow SSM - however, if they choose to do it, the ones leading the movement should be state legislators and/or state voters, not the federal government or a group of activist judges who have no concern for what the people really want.

Finally, The liberals' strategy on this issue is and has been quite simple:

1. Get a few states to legalize SSM on their own (this step is now complete)
2. Get some judges, including from places that oppose SSM, to legalize it by force (this step is now complete)
3. Scream "precedent! precedent!" at the SCOTUS until they force the entire nation to do things the same way.

The democrats did the same thing when they rammed through the awful mandate of roe vs. wade through, and if we let them do it with this issue, it'll be polygamy a few decades down the road, then incest a few decades after that, and who knows what beyond that. The Supreme Court made the right decision in 1972, as did the 8th circuit in 2006 and the 6th circuit in 2014, and I hope the supreme court still has the courage to stand up to liberals, and not force SSM on  the entire nation, and stop us from hitting the polygamy and incest parts of this terrible slippery slope.

The whole post needs to be included.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 01:16:43 AM »

it's absurd that you'd put swe's post of your absurd post in here
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 09:01:47 PM »

This is a FF post oldies
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2015, 04:41:56 AM »

Could someone explain to me the right wing argument against the Iran deal (I'm assuming that's the argument because I see a lot of Israel/etc. in the recent posts), because I don't know why it's controversial.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2016, 09:29:41 PM »

Updated with someone's who's far more deserving of the title
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies