The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:45:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203870 times)
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: December 29, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »

Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 11:07:13 AM »

That attitude has killed far too many in the gay community.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 10:32:08 PM »

No, that attitude did not kill people. The fact that the gay community was driven underground contributed to the perfect storm that killed so many people.
Well, yeah, obviously the historical stigmatization of the gay community hasn't helped either. But I don't think that risky behaviors like unprotected sex or smoking should be tolerated either. It's especially galling to hear such attitudes coming from a member of a community which has been so disproportionately harmed.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 10:28:26 PM »

I'm kind of astonished no one has put this here already:

No normalization until Cuba adopts capitalism and stops supporting left-wing dictatorships in the rest of Latin America. Then sure, we can cede a random exclave, why not.
Why the hell should a country switch economic systems just because the USA told them?

Cuba shouldn't switch economic systems because the USA tells them to, but rather for the general well-being of their people. Switching to capitalism would still be the correct move even if the USA were not a capitalist state.

Also, left wing dictatorships? Last I checked they were all democracies.

Well, when did you check? The last time there were no left-wing dictatorships in Latin America was, I think, sometime in the mid-1990s (though I might be forgetting someone).

No normalization until Cuba adopts capitalism and stops supporting left-wing dictatorships in the rest of Latin America. Then sure, we can cede a random exclave, why not.

Telling that you prioritize capitalism over democracy.

Where did I say that? Democracy hasn't been discussed at all in this thread, or in my post.

Why the hell should a country switch economic systems just because the USA told them? Also, left wing dictatorships? Last I checked they were all democracies.
Any left-wing government is a dictatorship.

Not so. Scandinavian countries for decades on end were ruled by social democratic parties -- including people as extreme as Olof Palme -- and remained composed of democracies.

Pinochet was not a dictator, however.

There seems to be a deal of confusion on the forum about my beliefs about Chile through the 1970-1989 era, so let me take a paragraph to set the record straight: Pinochet was a brutal right-wing dictator, under whose rule opposition was suppressed and tens of thousands were tortured or "disappeared". However, Allende, his left-wing predecessor (besides behaving in a very autocratic manner himself) led a foreign policy of friendship towards left-wing dictatorships whose actions resulted in the deaths of more innocents than Pinochet ever dreamed of killing. That is why I have noted, in thread after thread, and still feel, that Pinochet was "better" or preferable to Allende.

Raul Castro and his "bro" can turn a stool over and sit on it for all I care.....as if these bastards have any right whatsoever to be making demands

^^

Bolded the extra absurdity.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 10:20:46 AM »

P.S. Guys, let's not forget that most men and women are still "straight". And that these people have rights too. And they must be respected and preserved no less then  rights of LGBT people.. Some liberals seem to forget about that...
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 10:19:48 AM »

Extremely flawed Freedom Country from its founding until the 1970s, Horrible Country since.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 05:04:22 PM »

I can almost guarantee you that millions of more people died in the process of the transition to capitalism. I am not denying that what happened under Mao was, in a lot of cases, disgusting and brutal. What I am voting 'Extremely Flawed Freedom Country' for is that the People's Republic of China, unlike pretty much every Western democracy at the time and even today, provided a basic standard of living for all its people, including access to medical care, education, employment, housing, and so on. No Western capitalist nation has ever come close to doing so, because quite frankly none of them have any desire to do so because that would throw the spanner in the works of their economic system, which has of course killed more human beings than any previous mode of production, given its propensity to create world wars, racial pogroms, starvation on a mass scale, etc.

Also let's not forget that the PRC was a strong backer of anti-colonial movements and was committed to anti-racism in its early period, unlike the nation that denied blacks the right to vote until 1965 and supported white-settler regimes like South Africa until the 1980s. The PRC was never perfect and has a deformation at its very birth by way of the fact that the revolution was led by a peasant movement headed by the thoroughly authoritarian Mao Tse-Tung, but that doesn't mean that it didn't achieve some real victories on behalf of the Chinese people and help play an important role in smashing colonialism, racism, and capitalist oppression in Asia and in Africa.

The PRC today is, of course, just another run-of-the-mill capitalist oligarchy, albeit one in which the ruling class cloaks itself with communist imagery and terminology. The counterrevolution in China has transformed it into an imperialist state with interests in seizing control of markets in Asia, Africa, and elsewhere. I do not think that anything short of a political revolution, led by the working class and that places the working class in power, will be able to free China and once and for all eliminate the deformations inherent to the regime from its birth.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 05:24:30 PM »

Why do some Transexuals choose such trashy names.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 10:51:57 AM »

Africa is not educated enough for self rule. The whole continent should be put under UN rule, the number one priority should be establishing universal primary education, then after 3 generations or so have been through that system, maybe they can try democracy again.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 09:00:53 PM »

North Carolina doesn't have a deep history of racism.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 12:19:11 PM »

Green Party.

I have voted Green here in Austria since I was able to vote. But sometimes I disagree with them, like now for example when it comes to the asylum crisis. The Greens simply want to import as many asylum seekers as possible (100.000s of them) and let them have all the goodies that Austria provides for them. I simply want them deported, most of them - especially the 80% of young males that are coming instead of the women and children who are left behind in the war areas and who are the ones who should be here and not the men, who should fight against Assad and IS and not lurk around the local town squares and surf the internet on their 300€ phones ... I favour a moderate asylum approach with 20.000 asylum seekers max. and not 70.000-80.000 like this year and only for those who are really in need, not economic asylum seekers. The Green Party seems to be reality-denying and playing into the hands of the FPÖ with their constant "wide open barn-door philosophy".
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 11:09:11 AM »

Wow...
So you guys are always whining about "Wahhh our population is decreasing/stagnating" but then the solution comes to your doorstep and you still whine? Austria/Germany need more population growth. The USA does not. Furthermore, it was Austria/Germany who started two World Wars which destabilized everything and gave rise to the USA which in turn made a mess of things in Iraq/Syria. So it's your fault and you should take more refugees.

You do realize that Aizen's main purpose on this forum is to create excellent comedy, no?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 02:59:20 PM »

This is pretty old news. Besides, I care more for every human life that these bastards have taken than for some old temple, regardless of how beautiful it was.

Loss of human life is terrible, but cultural heritage can never be replaced, while new humans are born all the time. Some parts of our heritage are more important than a single individual. Even if it is an odd calculation.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 03:12:34 PM »

From that list I'd be very scared of Wendy Davis, Jay Nixon, Brian Schweitzer or Charlie Crist if I were any of the leading Republican candidates.

Why on earth would you be scared of Wendy Davis?  She has no experience, she got demolished in her election, and her only issue is abortion activism, which appeals primarily to women who were going to vote for Clinton anyway.  All she'll do is pull the ticket to the left while opening up a ton of weaknesses.

An all-woman ticket with a strong focus on women's rights issues will motivate women voters to make history and to protect all the women's movement's hard-won gains, especially contrasted with a misogynist like Trump or a fundamentalist like Carson. And with presidential-year turnout and the Hispanic vote solidly behind the Democrats, she has a great chance of delivering Texas to Hillary, giving her an unbreakable electoral lock.

No it won't because you're taking the democratic party's bait on "women's issues."  These are really democratic women's issues, and democrats are patronizingly trying to claim all women with them.  American women are, for example, only pro-choice by a 50-41 margin.  These are not "women's issues" and they are only going to repel Republican or Independent women with these positions.  Moderate women who agree with them also don't like being condescendingly told that if you're a woman you must take these positions.

Many women are married to very controlling men who are religious extremists. They are afraid their husband will beat or punish them if he overhears them telling a pollster they value their right to choose.

No wonder the response rates to pollsters have declined. It's those darned husbands beating their wives when the pollster calls.

You'll kill the poor man.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies