The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:21:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Seriously? Theatre of Absurdity, Ignorance, and Bad Posts V  (Read 203916 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: August 11, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »

Oh, the first option, especially if it's of the "moderate" variety. I mean, if you listen to them, that's what they are politically. "Moderate" Islamic fascists.

Sigh
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:34:31 PM »

Just because I'm a John Lennon (and Gandhi) who favours open borders doesn't mean that you are free to stereotype me as some awful human being.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »

From that list I'd be very scared of Wendy Davis, Jay Nixon, Brian Schweitzer or Charlie Crist if I were any of the leading Republican candidates.

Why on earth would you be scared of Wendy Davis?  She has no experience, she got demolished in her election, and her only issue is abortion activism, which appeals primarily to women who were going to vote for Clinton anyway.  All she'll do is pull the ticket to the left while opening up a ton of weaknesses.

An all-woman ticket with a strong focus on women's rights issues will motivate women voters to make history and to protect all the women's movement's hard-won gains, especially contrasted with a misogynist like Trump or a fundamentalist like Carson. And with presidential-year turnout and the Hispanic vote solidly behind the Democrats, she has a great chance of delivering Texas to Hillary, giving her an unbreakable electoral lock.

No it won't because you're taking the democratic party's bait on "women's issues."  These are really democratic women's issues, and democrats are patronizingly trying to claim all women with them.  American women are, for example, only pro-choice by a 50-41 margin.  These are not "women's issues" and they are only going to repel Republican or Independent women with these positions.  Moderate women who agree with them also don't like being condescendingly told that if you're a woman you must take these positions.

Many women are married to very controlling men who are religious extremists. They are afraid their husband will beat or punish them if he overhears them telling a pollster they value their right to choose.

No wonder the response rates to pollsters have declined. It's those darned husbands beating their wives when the pollster calls.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 06:54:28 PM »

*Sigh*

In hindsight you might be right. Mea culpa if that's the case.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2015, 09:31:16 AM »

utterly retarded, given that soviet foreign policy for the entirety of the postwar period aimed at 'peaceful coexistence' with the imperialist powers and it had zero plans of executing a first strike against the us, etc.

Lol commies
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »

Agreed. The feds shot an unarmed woman in the head and a 14 year old boy in the back ... over a tax issue and illegal entrapment.

Disgusting.

The only persons to blame over that tragedy is the woman and the parents of the boy for joining such a blood-lusty cult. They are the responsible ones.

I thought conservatives were for personal responsability. Only for non-whites, it seems.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 05:38:07 AM »

Probably, but that's not an excuse. Most of us can have a few without ranting about "TEH JOOS".
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 04:56:22 AM »

And just for the record, before I was self-employed, yes: I did beat my meat at work. Yet somehow, I managed to do all the work I would have done on the job anyway and the company didn't lose any actual money!

In which Griffin doesn't understand why someone might have a problem with him masturbating at work.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 08:10:32 AM »

Subject matter: Jill Stein.

Here you'll see all the "pro-science" Dems vote for the "anti-science" wingnut because she's liberal.

Uh, she's not liberal. She's actually closer to far right than anything liberal seeing as how she's basically owned by Putin.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 08:01:09 AM »

YOU are the reason why they are victims. If it weren't for the amount of anti-Muslim sentiment in the United States, then nobody would even think of Islam in relation to terrorism, except for 9/11.
You can't be serious....
I did go overboard. But, seriously, there's little if anything that makes Islam itself more prone to creating terrorism than other religions. It is the fact that they have been in so much conflict, both internal and external. Christians have done the same thing
What is wrong with that.

Suggesting that anti-Muslim sentiment is the main reason why people associate Islam and terrorism together. As opposed to, you know, the sizable number of Islamic terrorist attacks this century.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies