Why is Hillary Clinton so popular?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:58:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why is Hillary Clinton so popular?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Why is Hillary Clinton so popular?  (Read 18418 times)
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2016, 01:16:04 PM »

She's an inspirational figure and our best shot at winning the White House in 2016, and most if not all of her views align and resonate with a majority of the party.

hahahahahahahahaha
I may be laughing, but reading all this nonsense by the Hillbots trying to convince themselves she is a good candidate, a real progressive (not even close), or a genuine person for that matter is sad.  And unfortunately it led to a clown like Trump becoming the next president.

Unlike your crackpot candidate her views did indeed align with the majority of the party. Enjoy getting thrashed even harder in the 2020 primary!

This poster is the exactly what's wrong with U.S. politics.  He/she views politics the same way as football.  Pathetic.
BundouYMB

« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2016, 01:41:25 PM »

She's an inspirational figure and our best shot at winning the White House in 2016, and most if not all of her views align and resonate with a majority of the party.

hahahahahahahahaha
I may be laughing, but reading all this nonsense by the Hillbots trying to convince themselves she is a good candidate, a real progressive (not even close), or a genuine person for that matter is sad.  And unfortunately it led to a clown like Trump becoming the next president.

Unlike your crackpot candidate her views did indeed align with the majority of the party. Enjoy getting thrashed even harder in the 2020 primary!

This poster is the exactly what's wrong with U.S. politics.  He/she views politics the same way as football.  Pathetic.

Nope, I care immensely about the future of the country. That's why I'm happy your delusional, wackjob candidate and his creepy little personality cult will never get anywhere near the Presidency. Enjoy irrelevancy!
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2016, 03:44:01 PM »

The "Madam President" mentality of her supporters was, IMO, a key factor in males being strongly against her.  She ran a campaign that perpetually preached in condescending tones about "our daughters" (as if our sons don't count), "the condition of women and girls around the world" blaming men for the problems women face (but not Muslim misongynists; that would offend part of "the base") as if men weren't watching.  But they were.

How many men (and mothers of boys for that matter) noted Hillary's constant emphasis on women and girls?  Is the condition of our boys so great these days?  How many men struggling to make ends meet because of child support payments that are set by an arbitrary formula who would work a second job to make those payments if it wouldn't result in being taken back to court and having the support amount raised, got psyched by Hillary's "This Is My Fight Song! ad?  Did they feel better about it when they attempted to enjoy court-ordered visitation with their child(ren) only to be denied by their child's mother and authorities doing nothing to enforce it?  There are a LOT of men in this situation, and whether they are victims or volunteers isn't the point.  Hillary rubbed the gender card in THEIR face and thought it wouldn't affect her vote total.  (And, yes, some divorced men do, very much, have lawyered-up vindictive exes, and many of them vote.)

"Stronger Together" wasn't meant for all of America.  Just Feminists, minorities, environmentalists, BLM supporters, and the various genres of leftists who make up the "progressive" movement.  Who it DIDN'T include came back to haunt Hillary.  That's what you get for not thinking.
JoshPA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »

Brainwashing
impactreps
dcushmanjva
Rookie
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2017, 08:28:19 PM »

Because I think that a majority of people (Democrats, Republicans and otherwise) got intellectually lazy a long time ago and just assumed that she was going to be the nominee without even bothering to consider that there might be other people out there. I think that that assumption might have created a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't buy that she's the best shot that Democrats have. I think that a left-populist that ran an anti-Wall Street campaign would in some ways be more popular. The problem is that there is no real liberal equivalent of the Tea Party to challenge her and be uncompromising from the left.

Also very prophetic.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 08:41:43 PM »

Clinton was so popular because she was a First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State. Many national politicians like that will have natural bases of support.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2017, 10:16:11 PM »

Talk about a blast from the past...
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2017, 02:30:47 PM »

Holy....Sh*t.

Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2017, 12:48:00 AM »

hahahahahahahahaha

It's the American Way!™
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2017, 06:54:44 AM »

Hillary...or Hildabest as some might call her...was never popular to begin with. She was essentially the Left's Marco Rubio. A candidate the geniuses in the establishment thought was a shoe in based on some retarded checklist guide created by PR companies about what ought to win an election.

The biggest problem with Hillary was the more you saw her, the less you liked her. Which is hard because getting elected means campaigning and having to be seen as much as possible to win. So in effect...while some would argue that Hillary lost because she didnt campaign enough, I would argue that she would of lost worse had she campaigned and been seen by the public.

That's actually a good point. Sanders had the opposite effect, or at least it seemed so.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »

naaah...... i liked hillary more after learning about her but i understand that my personal preferences are those of a minority.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies