Did you get any interesting Christmas gifts?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:15:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Did you get any interesting Christmas gifts?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Did you get any interesting Christmas gifts?  (Read 2202 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 25, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »

I got a pancake maker, which is good because I love pancakes Smiley
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 08:52:48 PM »

The Opera of Bartolomeo Scappi.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 08:55:26 PM »

I got eau de toilette.

Thought it was strange, not sure if it actually is. Appreciated it though.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 09:07:04 PM »

A cutting board in the shape of the USA was probaby the most interesting. (I cook a lot at school.)

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 09:09:22 PM »

A 1 year old beautiful Doberman. Pics of her tomorrow.  We've had Her for 3 weeks now so she was an early gift. 
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2014, 09:17:58 PM by Clarko95 »

Pair of Christmas-themed socks that said "Hello ladies" on the sides. It refers to an inside joke amongst myself and two other friends, who just so happen to be females.

This year I did mostly giving. The one I am most proud of went to the girl who gave me the socks. It was this: http://loveislame.com/products/15-inch-sh**t-bitch-bear

Cost me $36 including shipping! It's a really great gift, because it's hilarious, scandalous, and endearing all in one!

A gag gift I brought to the company white elephant party was a glass jar filled with water, onto which I stuck two cut-out black eyes, a cut-out orange triangle nose, and some Sharpie-dot buttons, and labeled it "Texas Snowman". Guess who picked it? The kid from Texas. I thought it would bomb, but surprisingly everyone laughed really hard at it.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »

I got an iPhone 6.

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 09:22:44 PM »

The Wii U with two games (Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Bros.--yes, I am a child) and candy from my parents, Duff Beer socks and a box of Insomnia Cookies from my sister.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »

I got nothing.  Then again, I want and expect nothing and ask people not to get me anything for Christmas.  so, I'm satisfied. 
retromike22
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 09:43:30 PM »

I think I like getting people interesting gifts more than recieving them. I gave my niece a pig chia pet since her apartment doesn't allow pets.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 10:03:10 PM »

I got a new mattress. I needed it really badly. My mother is the best!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 10:03:46 PM »

Resturant gift cards from the GF's family. They'll be quite useful for upcoming dates.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 10:33:24 PM »

The Wii U with two games (Super Mario 3D World and Super Smash Bros.--yes, I am a child) and candy from my parents, Duff Beer socks and a box of Insomnia Cookies from my sister.

That sounds like a very bourgeois Christmas. I think your property may need to be confiscated after the revolution. Wink
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2014, 10:50:34 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_xQ-ns5whw
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 12:03:04 AM »

Parents got me a few things I had been asking for, as well as some money. Spoiled child alert, but I also wanted an iPhone 6. In total, I probably got enough money to cover the starting price of one with a plan, but I have to admit that I was kind of disappointed I didn't get to open the phone under the tree. Opening an "IOU" is anti-climatic... and I don't know if I can actually bring myself to spend the money on gifts, which I know was the intention. Oh well.

My boyfriend got me my favourite gifts though. A cute shirt that matches one of his and mittens from the Bay. Purple heart

Honestly, I wish the presents side of Christmas didn't even exist. It becomes a competition; I get disappointed when I should be thankful; I feel bad that people buy me gifts; I get insecure about the gifts I buy others. Let's just scrap the whole thing.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 09:46:17 AM »

The gift that keeps on giving

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 03:22:35 PM »

I wish I would have received a $750 Best Buy gift card like ODF did. Wow.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 04:55:07 PM »

I always see pets as white elephant gifts.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 05:38:02 PM »

I just got a bunch of shirts, some spending money, and some of my favorite jerk chicken marinade from Jamaica.

My best friends parents bizarrely gave me $500 in Amazon money and I have no clue what to spend it on.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 08:38:57 PM »

It probably depends on what you consider an "interesting" gift.  I got a Women of Rock LP, an iPod Touch 5G, a set of pajamas, a portable Crosley turntable, and a $100 Visa gift card.  But my favorite gift was probably a Ronnie Spector (of the Ronettes) T-shirt that said, "Bad Girl of Rock & Roll" on it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 11:49:45 PM »

Parents got me a few things I had been asking for, as well as some money. Spoiled child alert, but I also wanted an iPhone 6. In total, I probably got enough money to cover the starting price of one with a plan, but I have to admit that I was kind of disappointed I didn't get to open the phone under the tree. Opening an "IOU" is anti-climatic... and I don't know if I can actually bring myself to spend the money on gifts, which I know was the intention. Oh well.

My boyfriend got me my favourite gifts though. A cute shirt that matches one of his and mittens from the Bay. Purple heart

Honestly, I wish the presents side of Christmas didn't even exist. It becomes a competition; I get disappointed when I should be thankful; I feel bad that people buy me gifts; I get insecure about the gifts I buy others. Let's just scrap the whole thing.

My little bro wanted a a 128GB 6 Plus and my parents were like "$949? F#$% that!" They offered to pay for half of it if he'd pay the rest, but according to him that was "unfair" and wasn't a "real" Christmas present. I gave him $100 in cash so if the little sh*t wants to put that towards the purchase of a new phone, he's welcome to it.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2014, 12:02:05 AM »

My little bro wanted a a 128GB 6 Plus and my parents were like "$949? F#$% that!" They offered to pay for half of it if he'd pay the rest, but according to him that was "unfair" and wasn't a "real" Christmas present. I gave him $100 in cash so if the little sh*t wants to put that towards the purchase of a new phone, he's welcome to it.

Your little brother isn't ODF is he?
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2014, 12:06:16 AM »

Car rego Tongue
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2014, 02:19:57 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2014, 02:28:22 PM by traininthedistance »

You're never too old for Legos.

The GF gave me some music, most excitingly this:

The CD also features a new recording of Electric Counterpoint performed by Jonny Greenwood which is pretty exciting.  It has a very different feel from the Pat Metheny original- much sharper tone, less reverb.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2014, 04:07:43 PM »

I got The Bully Pulpit and the first one of those Robert Caro LBJ books (among other things), so it was a very Atlas Christmas.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies