was life boring before the internet? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:57:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  was life boring before the internet? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: was life boring before the internet?  (Read 5378 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: December 28, 2014, 07:37:42 AM »

Yes, it was a lot more boring.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 11:18:49 AM »

No it wasn't.  Like others have said the lack of information wa the worst thing about the pre Internet era.  But other than that no I don't think life is any worse without it.  There are still a lot of people in the world who have no access to the Internet and they lead perfectly happy lives

As a kid in the 80s, I was always horribly bored on Sundays. TV was only sports and shows that cost virtually nothing to air, e.g. The Three Stooges or old b/w movies that I couldn't understand. I think better computer games were as much of an improvement on weekends as the Internet.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 04:39:56 PM »

Having access to the Internet was one of the most important factors in my coming to terms with my homosexuality. Without the Internet, I'd never have gotten laid.

I can't even imagine how much better my life would have been in high school if we'd had the Internet. I didn't really have access to anything beyond email until late freshman year of college. In the early 1990s there was a near-total media blackout on anything dealing with being gay other than AIDS stories and the occasional show like Tales of the City on PBS which, of course, you had to watch while it was on in real time or hope no one noticed you set the VCR to record it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies