Opinion of condoms
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:53:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of condoms
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Opinion:
Freedom Contraceptive

Horrible Contraceptive

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Opinion of condoms  (Read 10399 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2014, 06:23:52 PM »

Massive HC. All contraceptives are horrible.

Sexual relations are only acceptable between a married man and woman and for the specific purpose of procreation. Condoms are never necessary in that context. All of the instances where a couple would need them are instances where they shouldn't even be engaging in sexual relations in the first place. If you are not ready to have a child or don't even want one, then you have no business engaging in sexual relations at all; because their entire purpose (or at least their only legitimate purpose) is to bring a child into the world. Condoms encourage sexual immorality.

We need a ban on contraception similar to the one the Republic of Ireland had from 1935 to 1980.

It appears you're an idiot too, then. Smiley
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2014, 06:43:23 PM »

Sexual relations are only acceptable between a married man and woman and for the specific purpose of procreation. Condoms are never necessary in that context. All of the instances where a couple would need them are instances where they shouldn't even be engaging in sexual relations in the first place. If you are not ready to have a child or don't even want one, then you have no business engaging in sexual relations at all; because their entire purpose (or at least their only legitimate purpose) is to bring a child into the world. Condoms encourage sexual immorality.

We need a ban on contraception similar to the one the Republic of Ireland had from 1935 to 1980.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQfzwFloVqA
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »

Eventually, the only reason you'll ever have to use condoms (outside of a long-term relationship) will be to prevent STDs:

New male contraceptive is expected to hit the market in 2017

BY ALEJANDRO ALBA  NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Thursday, November 27, 2014, 12:19 PM

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I know it's from November, but clearly I wasn't the only one who missed it....  

As someone with a needle phobia, this is my worst nightmare.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »

(Assuming you are not a troll) If you want to never have sex except with your wife and for the specific purpose of procreation, that's your choice and I couldn't care less. But imposing your personal beliefs, such as this, on the others is disgusting and you can go f**k yourself.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2014, 07:41:44 PM »

Cory Gardner, is that you? Wink

They're definitely the best. I'm admittedly still a virgin myself (haven't gone further than kissing/"upstairsy" making out), but when that time comes, it's of course really important for gay people to have them.

Plus our LAMBDA group won like thousands of them in a competition and aside from providing the school and ourselves with proper sex protection, we also found out they can be blown up which we call condom balloons. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 07:52:30 PM »

I assume anyone voting HC likes having genital warts...?

Or they're Cory Gardner.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 07:54:11 PM »

Eventually, the only reason you'll ever have to use condoms (outside of a long-term relationship) will be to prevent STDs:

I doubt very many men are going to be jumping at the chance to get a needle in their nutsack.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 07:55:45 PM »

LMFAO!!!!

This is seriously one of the funniest posts I've ever read on the Atlas. Well done.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 07:58:16 PM »

I doubt very many men are going to be jumping at the chance to get a needle in their nutsack.

Yeah... I want a male contraceptive.  I don't want that male contraceptive.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 08:26:37 PM »

Freedom Contraceptive if they prevent abortions.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 08:38:38 PM »

Plus our LAMBDA group won like thousands of them in a competition and aside from providing the school and ourselves with proper sex protection, we also found out they can be blown up which we call condom balloons. Tongue

That's what my Unitarian Universalist sex ed class did too.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2014, 11:08:18 PM »

All contraceptives are freedom contraceptives (normal)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »

All contraceptives are freedom contraceptives (not a dumb sh_t fundamentalist)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2014, 11:56:19 PM »

As with most things related to the actual mechanics of sex, somewhat unsavory to spend too much time thinking about, but, obviously, better to have them than not (sane). FC.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about condoms until they become nothing more than second nature.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about monogamy until condoms become nothing more than a contraceptive.  Not that it is likely to happen, but the world would be better off if sex were reserved for intimacy within a relationship and not used simply as entertainment.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2014, 12:05:33 AM »

HC because I like it bareback
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2014, 12:22:14 AM »

The male contraceptive pill that we're all waiting for is still undergoing research, so we will only have the following options:

1. abstinence
2. withdrawal
3. outercourse
4. vasectomy
5. condoms

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/men/birth-control-men

And of course this aforementioned injected contraceptive gel once it becomes widely available later this decade.  
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2014, 12:29:53 AM »

That's what my Unitarian Universalist sex ed class did too.
Nice. They are one of the better churches out there. But instead of it being a lesson about sex protection, we were doing it for fun and hoped it would attract new members on club fair day. Granted, the group's adult moderator was a bit unsettled by the idea. Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2014, 12:44:30 AM »

The male contraceptive pill that we're all waiting for is still undergoing research, so we will only have the following options:

1. abstinence
2. withdrawal
3. outercourse
4. vasectomy
5. condoms

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-info/men/birth-control-men

And of course this aforementioned injected contraceptive gel once it becomes widely available later this decade.  

I think it's safe to say the vast majority of guys will take #5 (or knowing the woman is on the pill) over that.

Anyway FC, primarily due to their ease of use and obtaining, they're basically for sale everywhere, just like candy bars.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:08 AM »

Aren't you a conservative evangelical or something?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »

Aren't you a conservative evangelical or something?

He's a gay. Still a pretty horrible post, considering how many in our community have died due to that attitude.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2014, 11:43:51 AM »

As with most things related to the actual mechanics of sex, somewhat unsavory to spend too much time thinking about, but, obviously, better to have them than not (sane). FC.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about condoms until they become nothing more than second nature.

If anything, the world should spend more time thinking about monogamy until condoms become nothing more than a contraceptive.  Not that it is likely to happen, but the world would be better off if sex were reserved for intimacy within a relationship and not used simply as entertainment.

Why should people be compelled to accept what is essentially the byproduct of our current material conditions (monogamy)? There's no evidence that suggests monogamous relationships are inherently better than any other kind of relationship. If people want to engage in polyamory or whatever they should be able to do so openly and freely, without the moralizing protestant prudery that comes with the desire to put monogamy up on a pedestal as some kind of ideal form of human relation, when it is of course a fairly recent social development.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »

There's no evidence that suggests monogamous relationships are inherently better than any other kind of relationship.
Actually, one need only look at history to see that societies with stable relationships as the norm have done markedly better than those where chaotic familial relationships are common.  Monogamy, as the simplest form of such a relationship, is the easiest to maintain in a society where the sexes are considered equal.  Polygyny and polyandry with a defined head of household can work in societies with strictly defined gender roles, but that doesn't apply to modern Western society.  While in theory equalitive polyandry can work, and for some people it does, in practice having more points of potential failure in the relationship makes it more difficult to maintain the stable familial relationships a society needs to function well.

Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2014, 02:18:58 PM »

FC obviously.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2014, 02:24:18 PM »

I hated condems........hated them.  Had a vasectomy (not to get rid of condoms, but a nice side effect) when I was 24 and I haven't missed them a day since. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »

I hated condems........hated them.  Had a vasectomy (not to get rid of condoms, but a nice side effect) when I was 24 and I haven't missed them a day since. 

Holy Mother of God, what on Earth?! You got a vasectomy at 24!?!? Why? Why on Earth would you so that? Why, just why?

That should be illegal, at least before the age of 40.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies