opinion of ted Kennedy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:35:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  opinion of ted Kennedy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ?
ff

hp

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 113

Author Topic: opinion of ted Kennedy  (Read 16387 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2015, 12:58:09 PM »

Huge HP.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2015, 02:42:06 PM »

you all need to STFU about it because it's been FOUR DECADES and the man is DEAD.

Well...I mean...this is an 'opinion of' thread...
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2015, 02:56:16 PM »

Some people seem to have a pretty interesting definition of murder.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 03:07:18 PM »

Guy I don't like was around when somebody died, therefore it's murder. You can't explain that.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 03:45:40 PM »

I don't speak ill of the dead or live judges. H/T Gov. Edwin Edwards.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »

...why?
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »

...why?

I was jokingly quoting former Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards. I replicated it in full and I thought the live judges bit was obvious lol. (At the time he was facing a trial and he said that, I think. Or was under investigation. But I was more saying it in a "Don't mess with authority/law enforcement types" way)
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 06:01:47 PM »

Guy I don't like was around when somebody died, therefore it's murder. You can't explain that.

Guy I probably would like a lot otherwise was around when somebody died and pretty obviously caused the situation. I mean, there's a difference between the type of manslaughter of which Ted Kennedy was obviously guilty and murder, but neither is an at all good thing.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2015, 06:25:23 PM »

Guy I probably would like a lot otherwise was around when somebody died and pretty obviously caused the situation. I mean, there's a difference between the type of manslaughter of which Ted Kennedy was obviously guilty and murder, but neither is an at all good thing.

The manslaughter itself, while obviously terrible, could be forgivable. But Kennedy's behaviour in the aftermath of the accident, and even more so his lies about it afterwards, makes it impossible for me to to describe him as anything but an HP.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2015, 06:25:26 PM »

Overrated and awful just like his brothers except he actually killed someone personally (whereas JFK only killed people by issuing orders the way all presidents do). I'm glad the Kennedys have largely faded from American politics, and Ted Kennedy's seat is now held by Elizabeth Warren who has absolutely zero connection whatsoever to the Kennedy dynasty.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2015, 10:47:15 PM »

It's fairly interesting/surprising how many Atlas lefties despise TK. Even the Daily Kos/MoveOn crowd adores him.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2015, 12:09:01 AM »

It's fairly interesting/surprising how many Atlas lefties despise TK. Even the Daily Kos/MoveOn crowd adores him.
Same as always, he held positions to the right of Debs so they constantly fling accusations of being a horrible murderous monster who is Worse Than Hitler at him. Remember they immediately added Bernie Sanders to their list of Reign of Terror 2.0 Targets the moment he supported anti-ISIS efforts because imperialism.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2015, 12:21:40 AM »

Same as always, he held positions to the right of Debs so they constantly fling accusations of being a horrible murderous monster who is Worse Than Hitler at him. Remember they immediately added Bernie Sanders to their list of Reign of Terror 2.0 Targets the moment he supported anti-ISIS efforts because imperialism.

The hatred of anyone to the right of Debs makes sense, but I think the weirdest part is the use of Chappaquiddick as justification, when these same people tend to make apologies for or outright defend say...the Red Terror.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2015, 12:45:05 AM »

MoveOn and DailyKos tend to be (especially the case with DailyKos) sheltered urban latte sippers ignorant and hateful of suburban or rural areas, but especially the South, and they idolize the Northeast, and especially big-name Democrats of the Northeast [Left Coast or around Chicago will also work]...so of course TK looks good to them.

Atlasia I would like to think is a little better than that. More scrutinizing of everything before coming to a conclusion, not stopping at the lip service.

BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2015, 01:53:43 AM »

The funny thing is I remember a thread over in Individual Politics asking the exact same thing and the majority of posts were positive.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 02:21:11 AM »

The hatred of anyone to the right of Debs makes sense, but I think the weirdest part is the use of Chappaquiddick as justification, when these same people tend to make apologies for or outright defend say...the Red Terror.
The only moral murdering is my murdering.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 02:01:44 PM »

lolololololololololololololololololol
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2015, 12:45:05 AM »

Huge, FF.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »

I can't say I miss him, but as a former swimmer myself, I admire his ability to swim out of...shall we say a sticky situation?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2015, 06:40:55 PM »

Big HP for Chappaquiddick and massive FF for his decades-long advocacy of for the universality of access to healthcare nationalization.
Ashbringer
Rookie
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2015, 05:08:51 PM »

hp
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2015, 06:17:34 AM »

Ted Kennedy was the most skilled politician out of the three brothers. Jack was the statesmen, Robert was the jesuit priest and Ted was the lion.

I'll be the first to admit he had personal flaws, massive ones. These flaws lead to the death of a young women.

His achievements in congress speak for themselves. Leader for civil rights action from 1960 until his death, introduced AIDs funding in the 80's, more support for disabled americans, cut off funding for the Allende government, pushed through South Africa sanctions, supported women rights, life long advocate for health care reform. Heck there's so many more I can't remember, but Ted Kennedy did a lot of good stuff that the left shouldn't forget.

One of the best senators in the 20th century
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2015, 07:29:09 AM »

Ted Kennedy was the most skilled politician out of the three brothers. Jack was the statesmen, Robert was the jesuit priest and Ted was the lion.

I'll be the first to admit he had personal flaws, massive ones. These flaws lead to the death of a young women.

His achievements in congress speak for themselves. Leader for civil rights action from 1960 until his death, introduced AIDs funding in the 80's, more support for disabled americans, cut off funding for the Allende government, pushed through South Africa sanctions, supported women rights, life long advocate for health care reform. Heck there's so many more I can't remember, but Ted Kennedy did a lot of good stuff that the left shouldn't forget.

One of the best senators in the 20th century

I'm pretty sure you mean the Pinochet government.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2015, 09:44:10 PM »

I must admit I'm not too familiar with Chappaquiddick, but voted FF because I appreciate his wonderful stances and actions. Impressive that despite coming from a privileged background, he did so much for the less fortunate.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2015, 11:15:01 PM »

Without getting into details, HP no doubt.

If his last name was not Kennedy, he would never have been elected to the Senate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies