Bush/Kasich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:37:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bush/Kasich
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: can a Jeb Bush/John Kasich ticket win against Hillary?
Yes

No

There are better VP options

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Bush/Kasich  (Read 4166 times)
Farage
Elvis Republican
Cape Verde

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:04:27 AM »

Can such a ticket win the presidency? Discuss with maps
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 12:07:13 PM »

Absolutely. Anything is possible this far out. Remember, polls in December 2006 showed McCain and Giuliani up, sometimes by double digits, ahead of all Democrats.

Bush/Kasich: 275
Clinton/Schweitzer: 263
Oregreen
Oregon16
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 01:45:42 PM »

Yes. Hillary isn't unbeatable. However, it's going to be a narrow victory. Pennsylvania was a tough choice.

Bush/Kasich: 274 EV
Clinton/Schweitzer: 264 EV
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »

Is Kasich considered right enough to balance the ticket;since bush is seen as 'moderate' by the right? I know Kaisich is a popular governor who's slashed taxes.

Only problem could be labour;I know it doesn't always make a big impact but Ohio could still fall to Clinton despite Kaisch being the on the ticket. VP's don't tend to flip states but Kaisch could make the difference in Ohio as it's so close
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 06:30:02 PM »

Kasich would be a much better nominee than Jeb, in my opinion.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 06:33:36 PM »

I think that ticket would be favored against Hillary. As terrible as Jeb is, Hillary is very overrated.
HillaryLandslide2016
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 07:30:27 PM »

I think that ticket would be favored against Hillary. As terrible as Jeb is, Hillary is very overrated.

She leads Jeb by 20 points. Is that your definition of overrated? Bush/Kasich may be a better ticket than Cruz/Carson (Boy, that would be funny!), but they still stand ZERO chance against Hillary. Kasich trails Clinton in Ohio, Bush trails her in Florida. Bottom line: If they can't win their home states, they are going to lose!
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 07:38:26 PM »

She leads Jeb by 20 points. Is that your definition of overrated? Bush/Kasich may be a better ticket than Cruz/Carson (Boy, that would be funny!), but they still stand ZERO chance against Hillary. Kasich trails Clinton in Ohio, Bush trails her in Florida. Bottom line: If they can't win their home states, they are going to lose!
13 points in a poll of 'adults' (includes non-voters) /=/ 20.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 07:43:37 PM »

She leads Jeb by 20 points.

Opinion polls at this stage, especially nationwide ones, are meaningless.
HillaryLandslide2016
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »

I disagree. Even though Obama is unpopular with many people, Hillary still crushes every GOP opponent by >15 points. What does that tell you? Hillary is much stronger than Obama ever was because she can appeal to white voters in a way that Obama can't.
JRP1994

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 07:55:06 PM »

I disagree. Even though Obama is unpopular with many people, Hillary still crushes every GOP opponent by >15 points. What does that tell you? Hillary is much stronger than Obama ever was because she can appeal to white voters in a way that Obama can't.

Is there verifiable evidence that Obama was particularly weak among white voters outside of the South? If so, one marvels at how he won Iowa, New Hampshire, and Wisconsin by much bigger margins than Gore/Kerry.
HillaryLandslide2016
Rookie

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 08:03:02 PM »

Is there verifiable evidence that Obama was particularly weak among white voters outside of the South? If so, one marvels at how he won Iowa, New Hampshire, and Wisconsin by much bigger margins than Gore/Kerry.

Well, Gore and Kerry were terrible candidates who lost the white vote in all the states you mentioned. Obama won the white vote there in 2008 and 2012 (not sure about Wisconsin). But: If Hillary is polling stronger than Obama, I can hardly believe that she is weaker among white voters than Obama since she can't improve over his performance among Blacks by more than 4 points. I also doubt that she can poll 15 points better than Obama just because of her strength among Hispanics. Bottom line: She is winning white women nationally and losing white men by a decent margin.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 08:11:08 PM »

If we want to talk about overrated, let's talk about the guy who hasn't held office in nearly a decade and thought it was a good idea to talk about his support for immigration reform while campaigning for Thom Tillis.
Mister Mets
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »

They might win, but there are also better VP options for a former white male Governor in his mid 60s than a current white male Governor in his mid 60s.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 10:11:38 PM »

It's a strong GOP ticket, and would put some pressure on Hillary, but the problem is that if Hillary doesn't run, or is stunned in the Democratic primaries, this ticket would actually get weaker (especially if someone like Warren, Gillibrand or Klobuchar is the nominee).
porky88
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 10:31:07 PM »

I agree with an earlier post that says Kasich is a stronger nominee than Bush is. I'm surprise he isn't getting more play within republican circles.

A VPs influence on how voters vote is overrated. The same problems Bush faces will exist with or without Kasich.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2014, 11:56:39 PM »

It's a strong GOP ticket, and would put some pressure on Hillary, but the problem is that if Hillary doesn't run, or is stunned in the Democratic primaries, this ticket would actually get weaker (especially if someone like Warren, Gillibrand or Klobuchar is the nominee).

I respectfully disagree. If Hillary said tomorrow, "I am not running in 2016", I think instantly the chances of any Republican winning the White House increase even more (and as of today, I see the playing field level).
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2014, 12:49:52 AM »

Governor Susana Martinez would be a much stronger VP candidate.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2014, 01:54:43 AM »

Kasich would be a much better nominee than Jeb, in my opinion.

Governor Susana Martinez would be a much stronger VP candidate.

Both of these are true. Jeb is every bit as overrated as Hillary. The best shot the GOP has in 2016 is to run a Midwestern governor, though Walker would be a better candidate than Kasich, in my opinion. Pence would be too, were it not for Kasich being from Ohio.

Susana Martinez is an unremarkable but competent governor who will get picked by Bush, Kasich, or Walker if they're the nominee, simply because of her race and gender. Unfortunately, that's what seems to win elections nowadays, so candidates better suited to take office will be passed over.

I agree. A Pence/Martinez ticket would be very formidable.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2014, 02:20:14 AM »

I respectfully disagree. If Hillary said tomorrow, "I am not running in 2016", I think instantly the chances of any Republican winning the White House increase even more (and as of today, I see the playing field level).

Hillary has a far softer underbelly than a Warren, Klobuchar and Gillibrand, and thus would fare worse against most Republicans, but Jeb Bush is in a similar position on the GOP side, and picking Kasich (another longtime political insider) wouldn't help one bit.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2015, 06:28:22 PM »

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush/Ohio Governor John Kasich-268 EV
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton of New York/Virginia Senator Tim Kaine-270 EV
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies