Cassius for President - Or should I say Potus for POTUS?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:25:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Cassius for President - Or should I say Potus for POTUS?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cassius for President - Or should I say Potus for POTUS?  (Read 1483 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 29, 2014, 04:56:29 PM »
« edited: January 01, 2015, 08:23:12 AM by Ambassador Cassius »

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Now, I, Cassius, am here today to announce my intention to run for the Presidency of Atlasia. Now, I know what you're thinking, you're all thinking, 'you mad dog Cassius, you couldn't win if you were pitted against broken latrine'. That may be true; indeed, I am inclined to believe that you'd have an easier time pushing a skip full of excrement up Capitol Hill with your bare hands than attempting to push me to the Presidency. But, don't you worry about that, for there is method in my madness.

'Tis a pity that our incumbent President, Lumine, is not running for re-election. He has helped restore stability and sound governance to Atlasia after those fellows in the Labour party made a mess of it. But, he has his reasons and I respect his decision. Now, the thing is, the Federalist party has not had a contested primary since February; indeed, it failed to even nominate a ticket in June. This is not a good thing, certainly not for democracy, but not for Atlasia generally speaking. Therefore, I am running, not so much because I wish to be President myself, but to give the party a shock; I mean, the moderates in the party surely don't want me of all people as the party's standard bearer this coming February. They'll have to put up a candidate to oppose me in the primaries, who I presume will beat me and go on to be the party's candidate in the general election. We cannot allow for a repeat of June, and thus I think, by running, I am actually doing the party some service by attempting to stimulate competition within it for the nomination.

So, don't you worry about that; you'll get a more respectable candidate in the general election. Nonetheless, it is clear what the next election will be about; we've got to elect a President who stands up for Atlasia and the great institutions of Atlasia; its military, its businesses, its intelligence services. We've got to elect a President who stands for low taxes, pro-business policies and a mind to preserve order in the country and not allow it to fall into chaos again, as it did in October. We need a good, old-fashioned conservative to lead this great nation and to push its interests in a world that is dark and, dare I say, full of terrors.

Basically my message is this; I am determined to try and make this an entertaining and competitive election, even if I have to crash a plane into a field somewhere because my campaign banner got entangled in the propeller - or something like that. But more importantly, of course, I urge more competent candidates to haul themselves into the Federalist race - and quickly!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »

Welcome to the race and good luck. Smiley
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 06:41:51 PM »

Are you a fascist and extreme-right sympathizer? Or am I just confused? Tongue
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 09:06:58 PM »

I would like to hear your position on gay rights.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 11:10:37 PM »

Endorsed!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 11:25:20 PM »

Cassius/NJChristian
       --
     February 2015
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 11:27:31 PM »

^RIP the permanent labor majority
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 06:54:07 PM »

Virginia Beach, Virginia

So, here I am again to announce that I will be pulling out of the Presidential race and will be endorsing my good friend and colleague, our very own Secretary of State; Potus. I'm glad to see that he has decided to take the plunge in this Presidential race, for I believe that the Federalist party needs to put up a heavyweight to contest this general election; a candidate who's qualified and charismatic. Potus is just such a candidate, and I hope you'll join me in throwing all your weight behind him and his running mate Maxwell. Atlasia needs a President who's willing and able to stand up to both external and internal enemies of the state; one who'll be prepared to take on international terrorism and rogue states, and one who's prepared to veto the radical and dangerous legislation being pushed by the TNF/SWE/Griffin troika. Potus, I believe, will do so, and thus I urge each and every one of you to vote for him in February.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 06:55:03 PM »

Glad I'm relevant enough to be mentioned Cheesy
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »

I think it's a shame that so many of your own party threw you under the bus for a serial disappearing act, and someone who will inevitably ignore the voices of social conservatives while trying to pretend not to be one. If the Labor body were to do the same to a presidential candidate who was a member of the Politburo, I am sure that it would immediately begin self-flagellating itself. Shameful. Sad
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 06:59:24 PM »

Well, I thought I'd throw you in as a new addition to the pantheon of bogeymen for the conservative side of this game Wink.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 07:07:59 PM »

I think it's a shame that so many of your own party threw you under the bus for a serial disappearing act, and someone who will inevitably ignore the voices of social conservatives while trying to pretend not to be one. If the Labor body were to do the same to a presidential candidate who was a member of the Politburo, I am sure that it would immediately begin self-flagellating itself. Shameful. Sad

It's all love on this side too, Griffy!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 07:18:11 PM »

It's all love on this side too, Griffy!

Just to be clear: I was referring to POTUS in both cases.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 07:19:54 PM »

Best of luck in your future endeavors, Cassius! Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 08:21:19 PM »

I recommend you stay in this race and give Potus a good primary. The conservative voice must be heard in this cycle.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 08:24:30 PM »

Cassius, thank you for your service to the party, to the nation, and to the conservative cause. I'm honored to have your support.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 11:36:39 PM »

No fun primary? Sad
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 11:42:05 PM »

I recommend you stay in this race and give Potus a good primary. The conservative voice must be heard in this cycle.

Are you considering a run yourself, JCL?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies