The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:20:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 227627 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: February 19, 2017, 05:02:42 PM »

Who care if we agree?  Please don't whine here unless you've PM'd the moderators who deleted them first.  Kthxbye.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1026 on: February 19, 2017, 11:31:50 PM »

I have this view that EHarding might find crazy, but if you're pissing off a large number of people in a place you clearly want to spend most of your time, maybe it wouldn't hurt to try and adjust your behavior a little so you can get along better with everyone. I know I would.

Sadly, it appears that there are many people in this world who derive pleasure from pissing off others, and they've found a perfect outlet for that on the internet.

Also in the White House.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1027 on: February 20, 2017, 01:19:26 AM »

Sounds like a good spot for Christie. I hear he know a lot about shutting down travel.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1028 on: February 22, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »

Welp, this thread is certainly a beautiful demonstration of gender's role in politics. Smiley
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #1029 on: February 24, 2017, 03:14:38 PM »

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Scarlet for once:

You can use all the hyperbole you want to voice your discontent with a less socially conservative America than you grew up with, but that's all it is: hyperbole.  A Republican with economic views that are "very strong" in the eyes of Democrats is MUCH more out of place in his party than a culturally conservative Democrat is in his.  Period.

If you like the candidate described so much, there's one way to make his nomination more likely: become a Democrat.

You are getting really overly obsessed with republicans being about muh economic conservatism.

Irony: look at RINO's economic score. He also supports TARP. He's simply a delusional elitist.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1030 on: February 24, 2017, 03:59:47 PM »

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Scarlet for once:

You can use all the hyperbole you want to voice your discontent with a less socially conservative America than you grew up with, but that's all it is: hyperbole.  A Republican with economic views that are "very strong" in the eyes of Democrats is MUCH more out of place in his party than a culturally conservative Democrat is in his.  Period.

If you like the candidate described so much, there's one way to make his nomination more likely: become a Democrat.

You are getting really overly obsessed with republicans being about muh economic conservatism.

Irony: look at RINO's economic score. He also supports TARP. He's simply a delusional elitist.

And you are an annoying racist, we all have our flaws.

Anyway, TN Vol, you seem to be mad at me because I don't accept the new imagined party system Atlas has cooked up, and I won't apologize for continuing to post what I think, dude.  Even if you HATE ITTTTTT, LOL.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1031 on: February 24, 2017, 05:13:54 PM »

Anyway, TN Vol, you seem to be mad at me because I don't accept the new imagined party system Atlas has cooked up, and I won't apologize for continuing to post what I think, dude.  Even if you HATE ITTTTTT, LOL.

Lol, I knew this was going to be your reply. But seriously, this post had nothing to do with a new imagined party system. You won't stop implying that social conservatives who happen to share SOME similar views to the Democratic Party (but still consider themselves Republicans) should just become Democrats - people like Santander, Fuzzy Bear, etc. You realize your party would lose the next elections in a landslide if they were to vote Democratic? The GOP can't afford to even cede a small part of the rural vote.

As I demonstrated in my thread in the Demographics forum, rural voters make up a TINY percent of the electorate, really, so if they made up for it with gains in the suburban and urban areas, it'd be a net positive.  However, that's not what I was saying at all.  Fuzzy specifically alluded to not WANTING to be a registered Republican.  Santender called himself a "Democrat at heart" in another thread recently.  These aren't your stereotypical "populist" Republicans.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1032 on: February 24, 2017, 05:18:46 PM »

As I demonstrated in my thread in the Demographics forum, rural voters make up a TINY percent of the electorate, really, so if they made up for it with gains in the suburban and urban areas, it'd be a net positive.  However, that's not what I was saying at all.  Fuzzy specifically alluded to not WANTING to be a registered Republican.  Santender called himself a "Democrat at heart" in another thread recently.  These aren't your stereotypical "populist" Republicans.
It's a southern thing. You clearly don't understand.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1033 on: February 24, 2017, 06:00:12 PM »

It's a southern thing. You clearly don't understand.

Damn true, and I'll drink to that.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #1034 on: February 24, 2017, 06:51:12 PM »

Imagine what people would say about a Congressional White Caucus.
All of Congress(1789-1870)

We've had an unofficial one for over two hundred years.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1035 on: February 24, 2017, 07:13:47 PM »

I'd submit that suburban and small-city voters who identify themselves with classically "rural" attitudes and economic/cultural interests make up a sizable chunk of the electorate, even though "rural voters" proper don't.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1036 on: February 24, 2017, 08:06:53 PM »

I'd submit that suburban and small-city voters who identify themselves with classically "rural" attitudes and economic/cultural interests make up a sizable chunk of the electorate, even though "rural voters" proper don't.

Needed to be said.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1037 on: February 24, 2017, 08:29:29 PM »

Needed to be said.

Yeah, the definition of an urban space in the census is still like, 2500 people in a political unit. A metro requires only 50k. I don't think that fits what anyone is talking about when they talk about urban vs rural political conflict.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1038 on: February 25, 2017, 02:31:24 PM »

This is like when Clinton responded to a $15 minimum wage with "how about $12.50?".

And instead we get neither.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1039 on: February 25, 2017, 04:57:45 PM »

The tragedy of American politics right now is that the Democrats richly deserve to lose, and deserve it more by the day apparently, but the country doesn't deserve for the Republicans to win.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1040 on: February 26, 2017, 01:15:30 AM »

If you don't understand the importance of symbols you don't understand what politics is. Period.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1041 on: February 26, 2017, 03:43:53 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1042 on: February 27, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »

Trump knows how to deliver for his base. The Democrats don't.
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1043 on: February 27, 2017, 05:24:09 PM »

re: whether or not we should applaud Bush coming forward to disavow Dangerous Donald

The problems that helped Trump become President are in no small part thanks to Bush and Co.

No, just no.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1044 on: February 27, 2017, 06:43:19 PM »

It's always worth remembering that Bannon really is scary, but I can't help laughing at how his media image is outright demonic while Paul Ryan's intentions, which are just as radical in their own fashion, have been treated by DC journalists as the height of serious, urbane wonkery for years.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1045 on: February 27, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »

It's always worth remembering that Bannon really is scary, but I can't help laughing at how his media image is outright demonic while Paul Ryan's intentions, which are just as radical in their own fashion, have been treated by DC journalists as the height of serious, urbane wonkery for years.

Came here to post this
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1046 on: February 27, 2017, 11:35:02 PM »

Came here to post this

I mean, ryan is completely awful, but he isn't as bad as a f**king neo-nazi.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1047 on: February 27, 2017, 11:37:35 PM »

Came here to post this

I mean, ryan is completely awful, but he isn't as bad as a f**king neo-nazi.

I mean, even if you accept the premise that they're both just as awful, Bannon is still more dangerous because Ryan's ideas are intrinsically unpopular.
🕴🏼Melior🕴🏼
Melior
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.17

« Reply #1048 on: March 03, 2017, 12:41:14 PM »

Unfortunately, this is VERY true:

sadly, this may be the easiest way for Republicans to be elected in the future. Use a slur, and all the media will talk about you is how you used a slur. Then people will be like "well he shouldn't have said it, but the media are jumping down his throat for just making a mistake and it's just words, all liberals care about is race etc."
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1049 on: March 10, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »

PiT had this excellent remark:

Indeed, there are some very intelligent and well-spoken people who are virulently racist. Conflating intelligence with holding decent political opinions is a terrible trend that promotes misunderstanding of politics and ideology.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies