The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 08:16:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 230741 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1900 on: March 14, 2019, 12:08:27 PM »

You can criticize Israel without playing into anti-Semitic tropes. Look at the difference between Ilhan Omar's comments and Betty McCollum's.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1901 on: March 30, 2019, 11:10:39 PM »

If they didn't hurt Trump they won't hurt Biden. This whole metoo thing is so dumb, just shut the up already nobody needs to endure your social justice whining any longer. Most of these claims are BS anyways. Just like with Trump.

Citation?

Oh you don't have one?

Do you have any citations? Just what come out of their mouthes?

Do you have any idea how difficult it is for women psychologically and socially to go forward with these accusations? Chances are they flat out are not making it up no matter how much you'd like for them to be making it up.  

Why don't they just go the the authorities and make the accusation when it actually happens instead of waiting until its politically beneficiary? Jesus, it just makes you more suspicious by waiting until the person is in an important time.

That's the point of YE's post...I think it's pretty clear you don't realize how difficult it is for a victim of sexual assault/harassment to report immediately. Victims are often ignored or not believed in the first place. Many even fear that if they do report, their lives would be impacted negatively (i.e. losing a job, fear of safety, etc.).

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1902 on: April 01, 2019, 11:58:15 PM »

Holy Crap how many times is this (bad) joke going to be done here?  This is at least 7 or 8.
April Fool's Day on Atlas is the least funny day of the year
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1903 on: April 04, 2019, 10:11:41 PM »

On Max Rose:

Did you listen to what he said in full?  He called for Cap & Trade, re-entering the Paris agreement, etc.  He's definitely not joining the Republican Party.  He is more in step with the average Democrat than AOC is, despite the media's obession with her.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1904 on: April 14, 2019, 12:14:33 PM »

Apologies for the back to back posts

If true (and that's always something that has to be said here when it comes to anti-Trump claims), this would be concerning.

Why, however, are the same folks outraged over this not outraged over the very existance of Sanctuary Cities, which are no less a violation of law?  

The reality is that the Sanctuary Cities folks and the Open Borders folks see future Democrats in the ranks of those coming in illegally.  It's as simple as that.  Now, I grant you, that many of the Border Security contingent (of which I am one) see this as well, and have their own political motivations on this.  This is the reaping of the identity politics folks have sown over the last two (2) decades.  What is absent is a coherent argument as to why Open Borders, Extensive Immigration (particularly from the poor and unskilled) and the practice of Sanctuary Cities is good for America.  To restate the needs of the people coming in, the humanitarian argument, or some statement as to the virtues of "diversity" is all well and good, but none of these arguments demonstrate why any of these arguments serve the interests of the CURRENT American citizenry.

We've been over this. That doesn't even occur to Democrats. I literally had never even thought about that until you posted it (and I told you about it more than once), and the numbers don't really work very well anyway - given the level of resentment it creates in people like you, how long the citizenship process takes (if the undocumented ever get to start it in the first place), the relatively low turnout rates that the few who become citizens would likely have, and the fact that there aren't going to be enough to swing all but the closest elections and only in a few areas, it would be a very dumb scheme. High risk, low reward in the far future.

Quite frankly, you're full of crap.

Democrats have been looking forward to these demographic developments for some time.  They advocate policies to, literally, speed the rate of these changes, in order to speed the date they regain the kind of hegemony they enjoyed in the 1930s.

Is it good for the people coming here to open our borders wide and let them all come in, even though they have minimal work skills, no resources, are not self-supporting, and bring nothing but their needs?  Of course it is; this is their Canaan Land.  Is it good for the American citizens who are already here, irregardless of the benefits to the newcomers?  That's a question that needs to be answered honestly.  That the Democrats advocate immigration policies without considering the impact on American citizens is disheartening.  It's the flip side of the GOP policies that shovel our money to the 1% progressively (and, indeed, this is part of that as well). 

"What's good for Americans?".  This doesn't enter the minds of most Democrats on this issue.
Please stop trying to tell Democrats what they believe. I do NOT try to tell you that you are a Trump-apologist.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1905 on: April 17, 2019, 04:48:34 PM »

Sometimes it seems as if Israel's government is trying to make the world hate Israel.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1906 on: April 18, 2019, 05:45:08 PM »

Hopefully this is a first step towards a full tobacco ban!

F**k no.

Nobody thinks that tobacco is safe or healthy, and if people want to use it in spite of knowing all the negative effects, that's on them and the Government should allow them to do so.

Wrong. Tobacco is one of the key drivers of Medicare costs. Anybody who smokes is selfishly freeloading on the government dole.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1907 on: April 19, 2019, 03:21:15 PM »

Pretty annoyed to be reminded that Ann Coulter exists. So...thanks for that.

Also:
I told you guys Bernie is just the far-left version of Trump.

This is like branding a food as "the healthy version of Twinkies."
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1908 on: April 20, 2019, 07:09:13 PM »

Context

Obviously this is horrible although the cultural dog whistling in the title of this thread is pretty gross.  Something tells me folks here wouldn’t be too keen on a thread titled “Harlem preacher at African-American church laughed while black cop shot his white partner in the back.”  

I mean, at least as far as the allegations in the lawsuit go, which are hardly incredible to believe, it is a factually accurate title.
The point is that he's not bringing up this very disturbing story to bring it to light but to take an opportunity to take potshots at a region screaming "HAR HAR RACIST HICKS".

Also that talk about welfare et al is basically a krazen post a different target.
Perlen vor den Schweinen
kongress
United States

« Reply #1909 on: April 21, 2019, 06:47:19 PM »

YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1910 on: April 23, 2019, 11:10:20 AM »

Here's how this is gonna go:

1. Very early polls will have the Democrat leading.
2. Then the polls will shift and Trump will have a narrow to sometimes even a moderate lead. Dems in disarray. Sean Trende will say something stupid and Harry Enten will say that the polls have never been wrong in Nevada.
3. The polls will then tighten about a month before the election. Everyone will then call it a Toss Up.
4. Early voting will start and it will be strong for the Democrats initially, but then the Republicans will recover during the first week after Trump does a visit. Jon Ralston will say it's close.
5. Democrats crush the early vote in the last week. Jon Ralston says its essentially over.
6. Democrats win by 3-7 points.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #1911 on: April 24, 2019, 12:19:06 PM »

Actually this is a legit issue. What's stopping a bunch of prisoners voting for a candidate(DA) who promises more lenient sentences or looser laws on say sexual assault? It's such a can of worms especially considering a lot of prisons are in rural areas and prisoners often outnumber the people that actually live there.

If your best justification for disenfranchising the incarcerated is that they might selfishly support bad policies, you're going to freak out when you find out how everyone else votes.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1912 on: April 24, 2019, 05:24:04 PM »

Democrats should support Biden if he's their personal favorite, or if they prefer his policies to others. That doesn't apply to a large number of Democrats here, so there's no reason the rest of us shouldn't support someone else. People shouldn't be stating constantly that he's the most electable or the only candidate who can beat Trump as if it's an established and indisputable fact. First of all, there's really no way to know such a thing this early, and the arguments supporting this idea don't really work so well if you look at recent elections. Biden might be left-wing if you believe people like Kasich and Rubio are "moderate", but he's pretty clearly to the right of the majority of Democrats running. And that's probably exactly why Republicans want him to be the nominee. They want the Overton Window to shift further to the right, which is what a center-left Democratic Party and an extreme far right Republican Party will do. The neocons of the 2000s, once seen as very far right, will be seen as the "center."
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #1913 on: April 27, 2019, 03:41:43 PM »

*TRENDS* and *SWINGS* are only so important and only deserve so much attention ... definitely less than the 2020 board spammers give them.  If a county/state voted  for a party, they voted for that party.  Period.  Wait until the place flips to give it so much attention.  “RI might be competitive soon!”  Kay, well it’s not.  Not yet.  So give it a rest, lol.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1914 on: April 30, 2019, 08:05:23 PM »

Not subscribing to the toxic Cheney/Bolton style foreign policy and propaganda, that is why Gabbard is also awesome (besides a couple areas)

Think dialectically for a fraction of a second and realize that you can be against 'toxic' foreign policy while not hoping for a dictator to remain in power.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #1915 on: May 06, 2019, 10:53:10 AM »

I think being from Florida is an immediate red flag for most people.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1916 on: May 08, 2019, 05:49:11 PM »

Ohio also wants to ban many forms of birth control, including The Pill.

Do people not realize how illogical it is to be against abortion and against birth control at the same time? how dumb can you be.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1917 on: May 08, 2019, 06:58:25 PM »

Do people not realize how illogical it is to be against abortion and against birth control at the same time? how dumb can you be.

Glaring cognitive bias alert.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1918 on: May 08, 2019, 07:38:56 PM »

Could you please elaborate?  I mean, greater access to affordable and effective birth control is objectively the most effective way to reduce the number of abortions.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1919 on: May 08, 2019, 07:48:10 PM »

Could you please elaborate?  I mean, greater access to affordable and effective birth control is objectively the most effective way to reduce the number of abortions.

Someone to my right feel free to correct me, but here goes:

The true believers, conservative church goers, have a set of goals for society (whether moral or political) that views unmarried sex as fornication and may view birth control as something as bad as abortion; I believe some have articulated a distinction between two different forms of birth control, but I don’t know enough about the practice to say wherw they’d draw the line. The vision you articulate is one where they choose between a variety of undesired options that may not necessarily be that different from one another. Impractical? Perhaps. Illogical? That’s relative.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1920 on: May 08, 2019, 08:08:08 PM »

Someone to my right feel free to correct me, but here goes:

The true believers, conservative church goers, have a set of goals for society (whether moral or political) that views unmarried sex as fornication and may view birth control as something as bad as abortion; I believe some have articulated a distinction between two different forms of birth control, but I don’t know enough about the practice to say wherw they’d draw the line. The vision you articulate is one where they choose between a variety of undesired options that may not necessarily be that different from one another. Impractical? Perhaps. Illogical? That’s relative.

Point taken
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1921 on: May 09, 2019, 01:17:45 PM »

You know who REALLY thought the Constitution was trash?

... the Confederates.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1922 on: May 10, 2019, 08:13:42 PM »

Atlas is full of jet setters who support the brutality of the War on Terror yet spew snowflake tears when a suburbanite dies.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1923 on: May 11, 2019, 12:23:39 AM »

I don't care about the "is it a child" argument, abortion is just means to an end. It should be used to stop unfit parents from reproducing and to wipe out genetic disorders like Downs Syndrome.

You're a monster.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1924 on: May 21, 2019, 06:48:09 PM »

If Matt Bevin is re-elected, how insufferable will IceSpear be after election day?

The last time IceSpear was dead wrong (Alabama) he apologized for it and updated his later predictions (such as WV-Sen) with regards to that result. Unlike you, who have doubled down on all your incorrect takes without ever admitting you were wrong about almost everything in 2018.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 [77] 78 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies