The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:30:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 228101 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: January 26, 2016, 09:27:07 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #526 on: January 26, 2016, 09:53:02 PM »

Really now?  Posting quotes from a Hate Forum that racially profiled Simfan in its sock account witch hunt?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #527 on: January 26, 2016, 10:14:46 PM »

Really now?  Posting quotes from a Hate Forum that racially profiled Simfan in its sock account witch hunt?

You call it hate, we call it "Trump fansite". And we got the headstart on branding that to the world in our latest investigation.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #528 on: January 27, 2016, 06:49:53 AM »

It's always interesting the parts bigots dodge isn't it?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2016, 11:29:31 PM »

Conservatism isn't all that compatible with unfettered markets, anyone who is intellectually serious ought to understand this fact. There's a stark gulf between the demands of "tradition" or "cultural continuity" and market outcomes; there's a contradiction between a system that simply allocates resources according to the preferences of consumers and the demands/objectives of conservatism. I'm going beyond Cathcon here: I don't think it's possible to be a genuine conservative and a proponent of, say, the Republican Party's pablum on economics.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #530 on: January 29, 2016, 12:41:33 PM »

Being a  conservative in America has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with culture and identity. Donald Trump is a conservative, just not the way intellectuals would discuss it on this forum. Conservatism is a feeling these days, not a set of coherent beliefs.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #531 on: January 29, 2016, 03:47:37 PM »

Being a  conservative in America has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with culture and identity. Donald Trump is a conservative, just not the way intellectuals would discuss it on this forum. Conservatism is a feeling these days, not a set of coherent beliefs.

Came here to post that!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #532 on: January 30, 2016, 09:47:33 AM »

You're a member of the Hate Forum.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #533 on: January 30, 2016, 09:51:14 AM »

You're a member of the Hate Forum.

And you don't see me posting content from it in any of the "mines" here, do you?  Smiley
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #534 on: February 01, 2016, 10:26:39 AM »

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #535 on: February 03, 2016, 12:45:29 PM »

Context:

DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #536 on: February 03, 2016, 10:26:24 PM »

Can't wait for this.  Sanders is walking into a trap with this debate series.  This isn't September.  It's game time and Hillary is HUNGRY
You can't walk into a trap when you're up against a robot
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #537 on: February 04, 2016, 11:08:01 AM »

He's a communist. Ignore him. They don't let silly bourgeois things like logic, reason, and facts get in their way.
Lincoln was a frickin' corporate lawyer for the railroad companies before politics, wasn't he?  He very proudly branded himself as a Constitutionalist and praised the free market and upward mobility; he did NOTHING before or during his Presidency that he didn't 100% believe to be within his Constitutional powers.  The RNC in the 1950s also gave a bunch of lip service to unions in their platform, so what?

To act like Lincoln's politics were anywhere in the realm of Karl Marx is absurd.  So Karl Marx opposed slavery ... So did the Quakers and nearly all Prohibitionists; that was a HUGE tent.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #538 on: February 05, 2016, 01:15:14 AM »

What does America really need? America DOES NOT NEED Barack Obama it dosint need Donald Trump it dosint need BILL CLINTON or GEORGE BUSH. Those are all wicked men.

WHAT DOES AMERICA NEED? America the MOST WEAK country on earth full of SKINNY EMO BETA NERDS who can't LIFT A SINGLE FECKING WEIGHT NEEDS THREE THINGS.

1.More Guns. More guns its not the guns that kill people how does that EVEN MAKE SENSE. IF I DRIVE A TRUCK INTO A SCHOOL YOU DONT BAN THE TRUCK RETARD

2.MORE GOD. Why do you think this country is full of UNLIFTING WEAK AND WICKED PEOPLE? ITS BECAUSE INSTEAD OF READING THE KING JAMES BIBLE AND EMBRACING AND ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR PEOPLE ARE TO BUSY BEING GROSS SODOMITES, EATING JUNK FOOD, AND SITTING ON THEIR ASS.

3.More people LIKE ME. Listen I can bench press over 350 ten times bro. Im JACKED, I am a SUPER HUMAN AND PERFECT EXAMPLE OF PHYSICAL EXTERCISE I AM THE ALPHA MALE. IM STRAPPED AND MASSIVE I HAVE NO BODY FAT. I DONT EAT "CHEAT MEALS" I GO HARDCORE I EAT EGG WHITES, PROTEIN SHAKES, AND GOOD ING sh**t.

FIX YOUR ING DIET. IF YOUR TO FAT TO GO ON THE WEIGHT MACHINE THAN GET THE HELL OUT OF THE GYM YOU FAT PEACES OF sh**t.

WHAT THE FUC***k YOU GONA DO. IM MAXIMIZING MY GAINS. I'M SHREDDED AND MAXED OUT. I AM THE ALPHA MALE. I HAVE THE CHARISMA, THE PERFECT BODY, THE SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE LOOKS, AND THE ENERGY. I AM THE ULTIMATE MALE.

THEIR ARE KIDS STARVING IN AFRICA ARE YOU AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 GET OFF YOUR A@@ AND LIFT A WEIGHT AND READ THE KING JAMES BIBLE BECAUSE IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN DO IT. I AM THE  ULTIMATE ALPHA MALE AND EXAMPLE OF HUMAN PERFECTION. YOU ARE ALL NOTHING TO ME, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I AM AN INSPIRATIONAL FIGURE.

LIFT A WEIGHT YOU OBESE PEACES OF sh**t!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #539 on: February 05, 2016, 05:12:25 PM »

What does America really need? America DOES NOT NEED Barack Obama it dosint need Donald Trump it dosint need BILL CLINTON or GEORGE BUSH. Those are all wicked men.

WHAT DOES AMERICA NEED? America the MOST WEAK country on earth full of SKINNY EMO BETA NERDS who can't LIFT A SINGLE FECKING WEIGHT NEEDS THREE THINGS.

1.More Guns. More guns its not the guns that kill people how does that EVEN MAKE SENSE. IF I DRIVE A TRUCK INTO A SCHOOL YOU DONT BAN THE TRUCK RETARD

2.MORE GOD. Why do you think this country is full of UNLIFTING WEAK AND WICKED PEOPLE? ITS BECAUSE INSTEAD OF READING THE KING JAMES BIBLE AND EMBRACING AND ACCEPTING JESUS CHRIST AS OUR LORD AND SAVIOR PEOPLE ARE TO BUSY BEING GROSS SODOMITES, EATING JUNK FOOD, AND SITTING ON THEIR ASS.

3.More people LIKE ME. Listen I can bench press over 350 ten times bro. Im JACKED, I am a SUPER HUMAN AND PERFECT EXAMPLE OF PHYSICAL EXTERCISE I AM THE ALPHA MALE. IM STRAPPED AND MASSIVE I HAVE NO BODY FAT. I DONT EAT "CHEAT MEALS" I GO HARDCORE I EAT EGG WHITES, PROTEIN SHAKES, AND GOOD ING sh**t.

FIX YOUR ING DIET. IF YOUR TO FAT TO GO ON THE WEIGHT MACHINE THAN GET THE HELL OUT OF THE GYM YOU FAT PEACES OF sh**t.

WHAT THE FUC***k YOU GONA DO. IM MAXIMIZING MY GAINS. I'M SHREDDED AND MAXED OUT. I AM THE ALPHA MALE. I HAVE THE CHARISMA, THE PERFECT BODY, THE SLIGHTLY ABOVE AVERAGE LOOKS, AND THE ENERGY. I AM THE ULTIMATE MALE.

THEIR ARE KIDS STARVING IN AFRICA ARE YOU AWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 GET OFF YOUR A@@ AND LIFT A WEIGHT AND READ THE KING JAMES BIBLE BECAUSE IF I CAN DO IT ANYONE CAN DO IT. I AM THE  ULTIMATE ALPHA MALE AND EXAMPLE OF HUMAN PERFECTION. YOU ARE ALL NOTHING TO ME, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I AM AN INSPIRATIONAL FIGURE.

I....I can't even.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #540 on: February 05, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »

I....I can't even LIFT

fixed, betamale.

/troll
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #541 on: February 06, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »

None of us can make windows into men's soul so only he can truly know. But there is a general tendency among certain people to assume that all christians are either firebreathing literalists or don't really believe it, and that's unfair and rather silly. There are far more sincere christians who don't hold, say, the views of Rfayette than do. And after reading his eulogy for Clementa Pinckney, I do find it difficult to believe that Obama is lying about the whole christian thing, because that speech is a very christian work.
The Last Northerner

« Reply #542 on: February 09, 2016, 01:51:25 PM »

An "unfunny played out joke" could describe Christianity too
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #543 on: February 09, 2016, 02:47:43 PM »

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #544 on: February 09, 2016, 04:02:23 PM »

Do you really want dating advice from a bunch of basement dwelling neckbeards on a political forum?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #545 on: February 09, 2016, 04:36:51 PM »

Is he wearing one of those hair salon capes?  Think about that.  He actually bought a hair salon cape so he could... well, I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish.  The only logical explanation is he's trolling... the caricature is almost too spot on.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #546 on: February 09, 2016, 05:58:51 PM »

I've never quite understood why criticizing Christianity is often met with pictures/gifs of fat guys wearing fedoras.  But then I typically understand only 45% or so of internet memes.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #547 on: February 09, 2016, 06:00:13 PM »

I've never quite understood why criticizing Christianity is often met with pictures/gifs of fat guys wearing fedoras.  But then I typically understand only 45% or so of internet memes.

i mean, there's a difference between "criticizing" christianity and calling it an "unfunny, played out joke". but of course you wouldn't understand that.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #548 on: February 09, 2016, 11:29:38 PM »

Oh, let me guess: Hillary supporters in here being whiny and antagonistic after being delivered a brutal spanking in her latest underperformance? I'd recommend that everybody else stop engaging them. They've all been bragging and making grand assertions for years now, with a stealthy series of goal-posts being moved every time they fall short.

"But Hillary will win with 70% of the vote!"
"60%!"
"50%!"
"Hillary will destroy Bernie in IA"
"Hillary won* IA and it doesn't matter by how much - suck it"
"Who cares if Bernie wins NH by low double-digits? It's next to his home state!"
"It doesn't matter that Hillary lost by more than 20, there's Nevada!"

etc etc etc.

In other words: sooner or later, they might be right about something, but it won't be because they know any damn thing.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #549 on: February 10, 2016, 02:25:16 AM »

i mean, there's a difference between "criticizing" christianity and calling it an "unfunny, played out joke". but of course you wouldn't understand that.

Describing, say, the Republican Party the same way around here might merit a repost in the Comedy Goldmine*, but mocking Christianity gets... a fat guy in a fedora?  The Atlas forum is an odd amalgamation of cynical bastards willing to make biting stabs at every facet of modern society, but take aim at this country's most sacred institution, and suddenly you're... a fat guy in a fedora, for some reason.  I guess I don't get it.

* might
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies