The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:30:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 228305 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 18, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
« edited: March 18, 2015, 04:09:24 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

-Tuerkisblau

From "Who will Atlas Ironically Support"
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:13:42 PM »

Why don't you use actual quote tags like everyone else? Tongue

Haphazard multi-tasking rush, that's why.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »

This forum is bizarre. Berlin beats most cities in the world. Richmond is not even the best place in Virginia to live.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 06:20:38 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2015, 12:24:26 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 03:44:02 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2015, 03:45:33 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

That last one was aiming for Simple Truths,...but I s'pose the Effortpost or Good Post Gallery is better fit.

Wow, a forum of younger, generally white population leans radically left. This has never happened before in American history, and is sure to shock the older Cruz/Carson voters.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 10:38:38 PM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 01:26:06 PM »

Mormons have a lot of venom thrown their way, but a lot of that is unwarranted.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »

Maybe the whole idea that we can make vast judgments about people's character based on what they watch is dumb or something.

Also the idea that only little girls can watch My Little Pony is sexist, and the idea that adults can't watch and enjoy kids cartoons is the reason most children's television sucks.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 09:06:48 PM »

Context:
Nobody,  cause it doesn't matter.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 06:47:00 PM »

Ironic considering the last two of three posts, but:

Obviously, they aren't educating their kids about the Bible, otherwise they'd realize that the secret pretribulation rapture is a fundamentalist fable.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 10:11:43 PM »

Context:
"Forward, the Light Brigade!"
Was there a man dismay'd?
Not tho' the soldier knew
Someone had blunder'd:
Theirs not to make reply,
Theirs not to reason why,
Theirs but to do and die:
Into the valley of Death
Rode the six hundred.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 01:30:14 AM »

I should know better than responding, and hopefully this new avalanche of mass stupidity will accelerate my phasing out from this rotting carcass of a forum aside from the international elections (and possibly demographics) board, but I guess I'll just put this out there.

Look, you know I've been one of your biggest supporters, but that wasn't the real problematic part. It was very foolish to call out the rest of the forum over a falsely perceived trait using words like "specimens" to describe them and make yourself appear above the fray and completely superior in a competitive sense. The two biggest issues on the matter of recent history are no longer posters here (not that they'd be harassing her online). A lot of people feel the need to call out the forum over issues like sexism, racism, or even nerdiness (creepiness too?) when the fact is that these labels are patently untrue for most. And of course the excuse of demographics is used to back up those labels Roll Eyes
Atlas forum regulars are fine people. Can we stop calling out the whole forum in a manner that only makes the name caller look ridiculous?

This is a worthy post by itself for a simple truth...or a Good Post.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2016, 04:51:01 PM »

Relegating the Academy Awards to irrelevancy would be far better for all involved.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »

None of us can make windows into men's soul so only he can truly know. But there is a general tendency among certain people to assume that all christians are either firebreathing literalists or don't really believe it, and that's unfair and rather silly. There are far more sincere christians who don't hold, say, the views of Rfayette than do. And after reading his eulogy for Clementa Pinckney, I do find it difficult to believe that Obama is lying about the whole christian thing, because that speech is a very christian work.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 09:38:04 PM »

It's highly unlikely that Mormons will become Democrats.  Trump is an aberration for them, but the social values of the Democratic Party are so far away from the values most Mormons hold that it is hard to imagine that a Mormon could be an enthusiastic Democrat.

That being said:  You hardly ever see a Charismatic or Pentecostal run for office as anything but a Republican.  You very rarely see White Fundamentalists and Evangelicals run for anything as other than Democrats.  But the Democratic Party of Utah, small that it is, is made up of Mormons; they are not a "Gentile" party.  They may be more "Jack Mormons" (non-practicing Mormons by upbringing and heritage) in the Democratic Party than in the GOP, but they're still there.  And it was a DEMOCRAT (Morris Udall) that was the first Mormon ever to win delegates at a major party's convention.

The Evangelical/Mormon alliance is one of agreement on cultural issues.  That can't be emphasized enough.  Someone with Trump's lifestyle tests that moreso than most candidates.  If this trend holds, I'm willing to state that Mormons care FAR MORE about the individual lifestyles of Presidential candidates than do Evangelicals, and that is, from my perspective, a sad commentary on the condition of the Body of Christ.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2016, 02:58:08 PM »

Are they in a union? If Not, This is why a union is a fundamental right that everyone has to have and needs to be in.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2016, 01:39:11 AM »

Can people please quit acting like "Sanders supporter"= deranged anti-Hillary raving lunatic who spouts right wing talking points?

Because polls make it obvious that's not true at all. They're showing at worst 75% of Sanders supporters intend to vote for her, and we all know that the vast majority of those "undecideds" aren't truly undecided.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 10:09:26 PM »

Fried chicken is the most one dimensional and least versatile of the foods listed.  You could easily substitute a fried pork chop and be reasonably satisfied.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 04:41:14 PM »

You guys need to learn how to meme properly.  It takes time, yes, but before you know it you'll be shifting election polls and making your shallow perceptions of where a state's political leanings should be become reality.  Just like TNVol and myself. Smiley
Don't flatter yourself, TNVol is the only one who did that.

IceSpear's shtick is just really unfunny.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2016, 07:55:42 PM »

All politics is, to some extent, identity politics.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »

My opinion of this opinion poll is that you need to go outside and detox.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2017, 01:15:30 AM »

If you don't understand the importance of symbols you don't understand what politics is. Period.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2017, 02:35:59 AM »

Eh, shame on him. Both sides do that crap. Don't pretend that some Democrats don't have vile things to say to whites. He's foolish, but it is what it is. He's foolish.

This is so ing annoying, dude. You literally say this on every thread where a Republican is called out, but not on any one of English Pete's, Krazen's or any other R troll's threads.
He's a Republican playing "good cop" to pull tge Overton Window to be more Reublican. Just like this trigger tantrum here is design to do.
I'm a centrist, guys. I call both parties out. I have voted for both parties. What he, said was stupid, but a lot of Democrats have said similar things to whites. I will continue to call every party out.
There is no way he isn't a joke account at this point.
Never underestimate the stupidity of an Atlas poster.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 05:46:22 PM »

Context: Bill O'Reilly and what a conservative wrote in response to his idiot remarks about SF and terrorists back in '05.

Low.
The letter said that O'Reilly isn't a conservative so much as he is in the conservative business, trying to market himself to people he thinks are not very intelligent.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 10:01:46 AM »

This is just setting the stage for bullying what are obviously very disturbed individuals.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies