Leelah Alcorn, transgender girl, kills self due to bigoted parents (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:31:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Leelah Alcorn, transgender girl, kills self due to bigoted parents (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Leelah Alcorn, transgender girl, kills self due to bigoted parents  (Read 12960 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: January 05, 2015, 06:02:52 AM »

I have no idea what trans people go through both internally and externally, but it's obvious that the parents completely dismissed or didn't understand that their late adolescent child was experiencing real and severe emotional and psychological difficulties, and as such should never, ever be treated this way. Minimally, I hope that lesson comes out of this. This is a serious issue that needs to be treated as such. The parents reacted as though their child was misbehaving or something, and that's disturbing.
If they didn't believe that transgenderism is "real", then why wouldn't they think this was a phase or some other sort of rebellious behavior?

who gives a sh**t?

are you saying that if my child had appendicitis and i believed appendicitis wasn't "real" and therefore didn't bring them to the hospital, i would be totally innocent?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 06:05:25 AM »

Jumping in front of a car or truck and directly putting a person at fault for a death is a pretty selfish act.

you know what's actually a selfish act? putting your beliefs ahead of your child's well-being.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 05:55:02 AM »

Jumping in front of a car or truck and directly putting a person at fault for a death is a pretty selfish act.

you know what's actually a selfish act? putting your beliefs ahead of your child's well-being.

Because of course they totally believed that they were pushing their child to suicide.Roll Eyes

Feel free to believe as I do that the parents' belief here was wrong.  However, while they were wrong, I also believe they thought they were acting in the best interest of their child.

don't be ridiculous. anyone with half a brain should realise that pulling their child out of school  and isolating them from the outside world is not exactly great for their well-being.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies