Your plans for tonight
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:41:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your plans for tonight
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Your plans for tonight  (Read 5430 times)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 01:35:46 PM »

I change my mind. It was awful. I feel like garbage. What a hangover this is. I will never drink again. Etc., etc.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 04:12:47 AM »

That is a great champagne, and champagne is great anyway because it goes with everything. Even breakfast.

Well, there are all kinds of champagnes, and in other countries I don't know but in France you really have it very often for any kind of celebrations, like feasts in the end of the year, so yeah, I personally regularly had some, especially in family dinners who like to make it conventional and who like to buy good food, and really, personally, I never found a really appealing champagne, so I don't know, maybe if you put thousands you might have something decent.

Thus I never really understood the appeal for it, outside of the fancy aspect and the cork (I learned a new English word, lol at the Irish city) that can fly in the room, followed by smoke.

Dunno if I ever had some Moët et Chandon, one of the most famous anyways.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2015, 05:18:04 AM »

That is a great champagne, and champagne is great anyway because it goes with everything. Even breakfast.

Well, there are all kinds of champagnes, and in other countries I don't know but in France you really have it very often for any kind of celebrations, like feasts in the end of the year, so yeah, I personally regularly had some, especially in family dinners who like to make it conventional and who like to buy good food, and really, personally, I never found a really appealing champagne, so I don't know, maybe if you put thousands you might have something decent.

Thus I never really understood the appeal for it, outside of the fancy aspect and the cork (I learned a new English word, lol at the Irish city) that can fly in the room, followed by smoke.

Like any good wine, champagne or other sparkling wine has flavor and body elements that can be great when balanced. The sparking character add to the sense of festivity. We usually pick a French champagne for New Years Eve, since I find they tend to have more subtle flavors than comparable sparkling wines. The Moët et Chandon Brut Imperial we enjoyed this season was very crisp and slightly sweet with a clean citrus finish. Some years I'll pick one for more prominent fruit, sometimes a rosé.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 01:14:04 PM »
« Edited: January 02, 2015, 01:18:36 PM by DemPGH »

See, I wish we better integrated wine into food and daily life than what we do in the USA.  

I like the crisp, fizzy, lightly sweet taste of a champagne with its subtle fruit and white wine flavors. It brings everything together that I really like, and I always have at least one bottle of [usually cheap but good] bubbly in the refrigerator (Great Western, Korbel, or Barefoot). I would have Moët for a special occasion only.

I find that anything drier than Brut (Extra Brut or Brut Natural) is just too dry. It doesn't have as much flavor or taste as a Brut or Extra Dry with a touch of sweetness. Anything sweeter than Extra Dry is too sweet because then the sugar just takes over (like Asti), and that's all I taste. Ditto for Moscato or a sweet Riesling.

As to the cork - yeah, I've bounced them off the ceiling on an occasion or two. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies