Potus/Maxwell for Atlasia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:48:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Potus/Maxwell for Atlasia  (Read 4245 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2014, 07:16:48 PM »

Potus/Maxwell For Atlasia

My friends and fellow Atlasians,
The Atlasian experience is truly a remarkable one. Five regions, each with vibrant and varied cultures coupled with over a decade's worth of history, are joined together to form the world's last remaining superpower. We have built a society, over the years, that values fairness and hard work.

However, I see that wonderful experience, that vibrant society threatened. We've eroded the purpose of the regions, depriving them real meaning. If we wish to build a more active community, we must make involvement at the regional level more rewarding. We should empower the legislatures to deal with the great debates of our time.

The federal government has made it a habit to reach deep into the lives of every Atlasian. The squeaky wheel, as they say, gets the grease. For too long, the fringe left of this nation has been the squeaky wheel. Sweeping, radical legislation has made its way through Senate because of a minority too afraid to be vocal. I oppose the efforts of radicals to end the right to private property and further devastate the foundation of Atlasian life.

Politicians will commonly run on a platform promising reforms to the game or new and improved housekeeping policies at the federal level. Discussion of party lists, modifying term lengths, establishing a lower house, and other reform proposals has long been the dominant conversation about the community. However, I contend that the strongest, most effective means of bringing new life into our community is something not currently discussed. We need a more potent ideological counterweight.

The Atlasian people demand a growing economy. With rising fears of inflation and rampant unemployment in the inner cities, our country is in need of a change. We must work together, no matter our ideological limitations, to promote economic policies that give every Atlasian a fair shot. That is, in part, what this campaign is about.

The next President owes this nation a new prosperity. A prosperity grounded on the fundamental right to private property. A prosperity that rewards hard work no matter who you are or where you come from.

I am honored to be joined in this fight by an experienced, principled, and decorated veteran of Atlasia. Maxwell is a great champion of liberty, both personal and economic. I know he will do a fantastic job as Vice President.

In the coming weeks, this campaign will talking to voters and fighting for a new prosperity, both in the economy and the community. I hope that you will join us. Thank you.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »

Thank you Potus2036 for that speech, and what a treat it is to once again fight for the votes of Atlasians everywhere. I believe that this country is still the envy of the world in terms of our innovative prowess, our representative government, and our entrepreneurial spirit.

Still, we are at a crossroads in this election - do we want a more dominating federal government in our private lives, taking over private property, and trambling on our freedom of speech, or do we want a government of the people, a regional and federal government system that co-operates with one another, and a restricted role of government that doesn't interfere with our way of life.

Fun governance requires real opposition, and I believe Potus2036 and I bring that opposition to the game. Make no mistake, we are of different mind on a few policy issues, but we stand together in the idea that no President deserves to be elected without real opposition. I stand here today, not just because I believe Potus2036 has everything a leader of the free world needs, but because I believe this country needs to be turned around, and only the best of minds can do that.

This journey to the Nyman will be a long one, but I've made that journey a few times, some successful, some not, and I can assure you that we are ready to take on this mission, and hope you can join us. Any questions you have can be answered here!
Rooney
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 03:02:01 AM »

Good luck to you! You have my vote. Smiley
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 07:29:40 AM »

Good luck to you! You have my vote. Smiley
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »

The Crimea Compact

The Secretary Delivers a lecture at Brookings

The hysteria surrounding Russian action in Crimea, Georgia, and the escalation of rhetoric out Moscow had people, just a few weeks ago, predicting a new cold war. I went in to the negotiations with President Putin knowing that a lot more than the Ukraine issue was at stake. President Putin understood this as well. We weren't just talking about settling a case regarding territorial expansion, we were answering whether territorial expansion even had a role in the 21st century.

So, let me just break down the five parts of the Crimea Compact before we continue. Part one establishes a self-governing Crimea under Russian protection. This compromise was something most parties could agree on. Part two pushes Russian troops back and starts a multilateral, reparation-funded group to develop Ukraine. Part three, the renunciation of claims, confines Russia to its current European borders. Part four ends the State policy providing investment guarantees for Russian trading partners and supports the Busheshr nuclear plant. Part five attempts to aid the Russians in salvaging their currency.

I'm sure there is discussion in different circles about whether we gave too much or took too little, but I believe it's a fantastic deal. This permanently ends Russian expansion in Eastern Europe and also takes measures to improve the quality of life of millions of people. The aid for Ukraine will improve their economic condition and the efforts to stabilize the ruble helps to secure global financial markets. The deal itself is worthy of conversation and I'm proud of it.

But the question I'm supposed to answered is what it means for our nation's foreign policy future. This question, like any about the future, is rooted in our past. Where we are going is determined by where we have been.

Upon reaching agreement on the Compact, we reinforced a vital aspect of our life: our global order. The general agreement and peace between nation-states is something worth preserving. Russia, in their actions in Ukraine, threatened that axiom. They threatened to upset the post-Cold War global order that has kept this world, when compared to history, relatively peaceful. This order is responsible for dramatically lowering the chances of humans eradicating themselves over geopolitical power plays.

The Crimea Compact, by reigning in Russian expansionism, has preserved the long-term stability of our current global order.

The preservation of nation-state peace has greatly assisted the gradual march towards democracy and human rights across the globe. The elimination of international war as a justification for oppression has worked wonders for reformers around the globe. That is, once again, why reinforcing the principles of the post-Cold War era is so important.

This foreign policy is worth modelling. A strategy that is pragmatic and effective while still focusing on core principles is a strategy well done.

I hope to have the opportunity to expand on this foreign policy vision. That's part of why I'm running for President. I hope all Atlasians can unite behind a strong, principled, pragmatic foreign policy. Thank you.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 07:02:11 PM »

The Crimea Compact

The Secretary Delivers a lecture at Brookings

We've given Crimea to the Russians

Deeply disturbing!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 07:55:47 PM »

The Russians must realize they lost Crimea to the Ukraine. To give it back would take a valuable economic resource away from a country that needs it much more.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »

The Russians must realize they lost Crimea to the Ukraine. To give it back would take a valuable economic resource away from a country that needs it much more.

The Russians are paying $50 billion in reparations to the Ukrainian people. That is equal to 28.2% of the Ukraine's gross domestic product. An extraordinary sum of money. Saying this deal economically disadvantages Ukraine is absolutely baseless.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 08:30:31 PM »

I'd like to say how supportive I am of Potus's handling of the situation, and I am very happy that Ukraine's economy will grow by 30%, which is a mind boggling number, and it's certainly good news that a major crisis was averted.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 09:48:27 PM »

Fully endorsed, without a single doubt!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 09:49:46 PM »

The Russians are paying $50 billion in reparations to the Ukrainian people. That is equal to 28.2% of the Ukraine's gross domestic product. An extraordinary sum of money. Saying this deal economically disadvantages Ukraine is absolutely baseless.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 09:52:38 PM »

You have my endorsement - best of luck to both of you!
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 10:09:26 PM »

You sent me a PM about this election. I don't know who you are. Have a good day.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 10:11:04 PM »

^lol
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2015, 05:31:04 AM »

Endorsed!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 08:11:11 PM »

No. Those reparations are a short term band aid. You fail to think of the long term economic impact. 50 billion now or many billions more. I'd take the many billions more later route. This treaty will hurt the west in the long run. Just watch.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 10:41:03 PM »

Part one establishes a self-governing Crimea under Russian protection.

Could you elaborate on this please?

Anyway, the ticket of Potus/Maxwell endorsed by former Northeast Governor Winfield.

All the best and good luck.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 11:34:16 PM »

Endorsed!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 10:42:14 AM »

Thank you, sir!

Part one establishes a self-governing Crimea under Russian protection.

Could you elaborate on this please?

Anyway, the ticket of Potus/Maxwell endorsed by former Northeast Governor Winfield.

All the best and good luck.

Thank you, Winfield!

The Ukrainian are going to adopt a constitution that allows them to governo themselves and determine their relationship with Russia. It's their call.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2015, 01:18:38 PM »

Endorsed, my friends! Potus/Maxwell February 2015! Cheesy
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 05:20:57 PM »

Endorsed! Smiley
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 03:09:39 PM »

Thank you, Jomcar!

Thanks for the support!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2015, 06:21:53 PM »

Economic Opportunity for All

Address to NYU faculty and students.

It's a real honor and pleasure to be before you today to present my vision for Atlasia's economy. I'd like to thank NYU for having me and, more importantly, increasing the discourse on this vital subject.

My plan for economic reform can be broken down into four points. These points are designed to increase economic opportunity for all Atlasians, to level the playing field for businesses who invest in their workers, and bring a new prosperity to this great nation.

The first aspect of this new prosperity is to give all Atlasian workers a stake in the economy. While many economic policies positively influence growth, it's important that conservatives also recognize the need for mechanisms to ensure that growth is shared across the economy. That's why I'm proposing allowing all workers to put up to $5,000 pre-tax dollars into an investment account. By providing the opportunity for the average worker to start investing in the stock market, we give thousands of families the ability to advance and to build a better future for themselves.

After we've provided Atlasians a stake in economic growth, we need to get to work growing the economy. Presently, our tax code creates an artificial barrier to companies reinvesting their foreign earnings back into the Atlasian economy. There are, by some estimates, trillions of dollars overseas waiting to come home. As President, I will push for this double taxation to end. By making this responsible choice, we can stimulate the economy without spending a single cent of tax money. That's a good deal for taxpayers, a good deal for the economy, and a good deal for working Atlasians.

It's important that we make it simpler for companies to invest in their employees' quality of life. Rising wages are critical to making life better for everyday people. With a growing economy and companies bringing potentially trillions of dollars back into Atlasia, our nation should work to improve the quality of life for the middle class. I propose making all contractual wage increases tax deductible. This will encourage and enable employers to increase wages. As wages rise, the economy will be reinvigorated. Encouraging companies to invest in their workers and improve quality of life is good policy and great economics.

After months of having the Senate clogged with far-left and extreme legislation, something very important must be noted. This plan is defined just as much by what it does not do as it is by what it does do. There will be an end to radical attempts to nationalize industry. There will be no more massive expansion of regulatory authority of the federal government. There will be no more law enacted to fundamentally change our economy. The days of extreme, borderline communist ideology running rampant in the Senate will end.

Once again, our country is presented with a choice. I believe I have offered a common sense, effective economic agenda that works for every Atlasian. I believe in growth, in opportunity, and a new prosperity for this great country. I'd like you to join me in this campaign. Join me in fighting for opportunity, freedom, and fairness. Thank you.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 11:42:21 PM »

Some people say this election is done, but when I talk to people all across this nation, I get one message - NOT EVEN CLOSE! Potus unveiled our thirty days agenda a while back, a comprehensive agenda that we plan to promote in our first few days in office. The fact is, there is one candidate with the fresh mindset to re-invigorate Atlasia, and that is Potus.

I have respect for our opponents, but I don't believe they will be part of the solution to an anemic Nyman. Bore is becoming a resident senior in the Atlasian Senate, and Bacon King, well, the three-time Vice President is looking at becoming four-time! A lot of residents of this great nation look at these two candidates and say, I've seen these faces before, and we need something new. That's what we're here for!

Potus, in his term as head of the State Department, has revitalized the purpose of the office, negotiation with Russia and, staring them in the face, won. Many politicians on the sidelines criticized the move, but it's so easy to call the shots from the backseat. Being a leader is about taking a stand, negotiating hard, and coming out with a deal that serves the best interest of Atlasia and the world, and I believe he did that.

Whether it's growing our economy, having a positive foreign policy presence, and standing up for an Atlasian Government that allows for a conversation with Regional Governments rather than complete domination, the ticket to vote for this season is Potus/Maxwell!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2015, 10:20:29 PM »

In light of the Napoleon discovery, I pledge to support any Senate resolution that removes Napoleon's place in Atlasian history. He should be remembered, not as a President or a martyr, but as what he truly was. A disaster. His being Hamilton, a universally despised figure, is icing on the cake.

I will support, as President, any and all efforts to undo history's glorification of Napoleon/Hamilton.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies