If Ross Perot Jr. entered politics...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:02:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  If Ross Perot Jr. entered politics...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Ross Perot Jr. entered politics, which party do you think he would join?
Democrats

Republicans

Other

None

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: If Ross Perot Jr. entered politics...  (Read 744 times)
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 31, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »

I was making myself this question after actually including Perot in a timeline I'm making. I've already decided, but I was thinking how possible it would be for him to do this in real life. What do you think?
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 10:50:09 PM »

Republican. He was a member of Romney's Texas statewide finance committee back in '07.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 09:20:15 AM »

Honestly, he looks to me as a Blue Dem Dog from the 1990s. Although Ross has been endorsing many Republicans since the last time he ran as President, I believe that this was just part of his distrust for some segments of the Democratic Party, specially the more radical segments.

His anti-NAFTA views are very in line with Democrats associated with unions in the Northeast, his social liberal views has some support with the petit bourgeoisie and upper middle class from big urban centers from Blue States (although it could also appeal to some libertarians) , while his whole approach to the economy is quite similar to those from the southern states, with a strong stance against deficits and a strident support for Balanced Budgets.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 02:09:36 PM »

Honestly, he looks to me as a Blue Dem Dog from the 1990s. Although Ross has been endorsing many Republicans since the last time he ran as President, I believe that this was just part of his distrust for some segments of the Democratic Party, specially the more radical segments.

His anti-NAFTA views are very in line with Democrats associated with unions in the Northeast, his social liberal views has some support with the petit bourgeoisie and upper middle class from big urban centers from Blue States (although it could also appeal to some libertarians) , while his whole approach to the economy is quite similar to those from the southern states, with a strong stance against deficits and a strident support for Balanced Budgets.

I generally agree with what you've said, but I'm talking about Perot Jr. here ^^
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 02:16:18 PM »

Republican. He was a member of Romney's Texas statewide finance committee back in '07.

Yeah, likely this.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 07:04:22 PM »

I generally agree with what you've said, but I'm talking about Perot Jr. here ^^

God, sorry, then probably a Republican =P
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies