Why the Sweden Democrats are rising (fast) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:32:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Why the Sweden Democrats are rising (fast) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Sweden Democrats are rising (fast)  (Read 11805 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 01, 2015, 08:08:28 PM »

Sweden Democrats are rising because asylum seekers refuse to get out of the bus?  I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic here.

Sweden Democrats are rising because asylum seekers have an entitled, ungrateful attitude and also aren't actually legitimate asylum seekers.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 08:16:03 PM »

Sweden Democrats are rising because asylum seekers refuse to get out of the bus?  I'm sorry but I fail to see the logic here.

Sweden Democrats are rising because asylum seekers have an entitled, ungrateful attitude and also aren't actually legitimate asylum seekers.

Well I wouldn't know if they are legitimate or not, but for someone who has never seen snow in their life, it's impossible to move to the middle of nowhere in a country where they don't speak the language, most likely don't have access to the internet and other media and could use the support of people from their country who speak the same language as they do and usually live in big cities.
If you think this is a good enough reason to support a party like the Sweden Democrats, then I honestly have nothing to say to you. 

If they're afraid of snow, why did they come to Sweden? They should have stayed in one of the many many warmer countries between Sweden and the Middle East.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 10:33:36 PM »

Sweden must provide for their economic needs? So you admit this is just economic migration. Really though, they are from the third world, so even a tiny town in Sweden is going to better off economically than that where they came from, so that's not really an issue.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 12:51:39 AM »

Why can't they just stop letting these people in in the first place? They are disrupting the nice society of the area and just cause trouble anyways. They move in and then refuse to assimilate and just whine and complain and try to change things to suit them.

Scandinavia is one of the few decent places left in the world. It would be a shame if those people came in a ruined it.

Oh noes! We must protect white Sweden from the horrible foreign interlopers, who don't want to live in some bigoted small town where no one speaks their same language and shares their same culture, and where the effects of wartime trauma may be increased by isolation! How horrible! They should just stay in Iraq, so they can get killed by ISIS.

They don't want to live in a place where no one shares their language or culture and yet you're calling the other side bigots.

It's bad to be a bigot, it's worse to be a bigot, go another country as a guest, then demand they accommodate your bigotry.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 01:08:46 AM »

"who don't want to live in some bigoted small town where no one speaks their same language and shares their same culture"

Why is it acceptable for Somalis is to want to only be around people with the same culture and language but not Swedes?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 07:38:53 PM »

Regular people in Sweden probably don't get free housing and if they're poor enough that they do qualify for free housing, they probably don't get to pick where it is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies