Why the Sweden Democrats are rising (fast) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:02:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Why the Sweden Democrats are rising (fast) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why the Sweden Democrats are rising (fast)  (Read 11830 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: January 01, 2015, 12:51:28 PM »

Who gives a sh*t
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 06:03:53 AM »

Sweden Democrats are rising because people are morons. Any attempt to justify this otherwise amounts to condoning xenophobia (which I'm sure many posters are all too happy to do anyway).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »

Sweden Democrats are rising because people are morons. Any attempt to justify this otherwise amounts to condoning xenophobia (which I'm sure many posters are all too happy to do anyway).

Tony, you know and I know that there is a difference between justification and explanation. 'Because people are morons' isn't an explanation because people can be morons in all sorts of different ways, only some of which cause them to vote for xenophobic political parties.

What is it about this issue that leads to absurdity, hyperbole and the construction of alternate versions of reality? The question is whether people would rather have an actual discussion or would prefer to screech aimlessly at each other.

Yes. I apologize. I was neither in the mood nor in the situation to write an intelligent post about this issue (that twisted ankle turned out to be a fracture, and I was posting from a waiting room of the emergencies), so I instead chose to vent the main emotion that this thread inspired me. A few people managed to express my opinion pretty well (DFB and Foucaulf come to mind) so I'll leave it there.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 11:43:29 AM »

I don't want these pretentious twats in Germany if they behave like this; Sweden can have them.

Who, the angry posters or the immigrants? Unless you're talking about Eritreans and their invented histories, I'm not sure how you could call the poor fellows "pretentious twats". I'm not at all sure. You, on the other hand...

Their invented history? The Ethiopians were the ones who invented history in their oppression of the Eritrean people.

Why-

What utter-

What on-

Like what?!?!
Eritrea is not a real country, you dolt! It was created by the Italians in 1892! Any claim to the contrary is an utter invention? Do you know what "Mereb Mellash" was? The "Bahr negus"? Ras Alula? Hamasien? If you don't shut you mouth, because you have no right to tell people what or what not constitute history. And if you do know, then you are even more deluded than I thought.

It certainly wouldn't be the only country that was "invented" in the 19th century.

And regardless of whether Eritrea is real or not, Ethiopia's oppression of it was very real. Don't be a hack.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies