Efficient Referenda Amendment (Failed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:22:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Efficient Referenda Amendment (Failed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Efficient Referenda Amendment (Failed)  (Read 2072 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:05 AM »

First off a regional ratification vote is not a Federal Referendum. Tongue

Secondly, how does this "Certification process" work in the subsequent attempts at passage through say the IDS legislature? Is the SoFE going to be responsible for ensuring the proper implementation of regional Constitutions and statues establishing such subsequent attempts at ratification?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 02:01:43 AM »

Does that resolve it by banning the legislature from doing it, or is this some kind of exemption of sorts?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 02:26:35 AM »

Abstain

I am still not ready to embrace this idea just yet. Though I am not as dead set against it as I was, I still think there is some rather unexplored usages of the present system that would certainly make things interesting. However, the present state is such that it would likely not work anyway and therefore losing such is not going to be a negative compared to the present status. Though I would have liked to see one regional election fought over a Governor refusing to open a booth as part of his discretion on a particular amendment he deemed hostile to said region. Basically, The PiT Approach, since he is the one who articulated that position the most.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 09:01:21 PM »

Aye

That interpretation bore is contrary to past interpretations regarding abstentions and the effect. The basic understanding was that you needed 2/3rds and if you are denied the two-thirds it has not passed the Senate.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies