Clinton's war chest... WoW.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:27:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Clinton's war chest... WoW.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Clinton's war chest... WoW.  (Read 1177 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 20, 2005, 10:14:42 PM »

Clinton Raises 4 Million in First Quarter

The New York Times reports that Sen. Hillary Clinton fundraised extremely well during the first quarter of this year.

Her campaign reported on Monday that she had amassed nearly $4 million in contributions in the first three months of this year, meaning that she will close the first quarter with $8.7 million in the bank.

Mrs. Clinton's advisers are reluctant to say what the senator's fund-raising goal is for the 2006 re-election campaign. But she raised and spent roughly $30 million in 2000, when she won Daniel Patrick Moynihan's old seat in the most expensive Senate race in New York history, according to campaign finance disclosure records.

This time around, Mrs. Clinton, whose popularity rating in New York is soaring, may end up facing only token opposition. But Republicans are nevertheless vowing to spend millions to attack her, no matter who her opponent is, because she is considered a leading presidential contender in 2008.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 10:23:20 PM »

The Junior Senator from NY is raising like she's running for President.

So is the Junior Senator from VA, though clearly not at Hillary rates (about $2 million so far this year).

Right now, because the Democrats tend to like and nominate people we don't know about and the Republicans like to nominate people they know too well, I am picking this matchup to be my early prediction for 2008, fwiw.  (probably not much)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 10:32:38 PM »

Honestly, where does all of her money come from?  From what I have seen her grassroots support is minimal.  I guess majority of her contributions are from large corporations and extremley wealthy individuals?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 10:34:46 PM »

Honestly, where does all of her money come from?  From what I have seen her grassroots support is minimal.  I guess majority of her contributions are from large corporations and extremley wealthy individuals?

I'm pretty sure of that myself.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 09:39:02 AM »

From what I have seen her grassroots support is minimal.  I guess majority of her contributions are from large corporations and extremley wealthy individuals?

Most definitely. Her grassroots support is almost nonexistent.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies